HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
The point is Vancouver plays no better defence than most teams in the league. It would be interesting to see how many quality chances they give up a game and compare that to other teams. The way Vancouver is playing I wouldn't say Toronto is a lesser team, Vancouver just has much better goaltending.

And I don't mind Toronto not wanting to pay to improve their team, it's why most feel he isn't going there anyways. Funny thing is I think your team is actually not that bad. Improve your goaltending, which would allow your team to play more freely.

I know a lot of your fans want to tank/ "rebuild" so hopefully you start piling on the losses.
Our young, cheap goalie has a .922 save%. Why exactly should he be dumped and bring in Luongo?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
I think its been a while since we've known he isn't going to Toronto. And nothing has really changed, I don't think Canucks fans would want Bozak, Frattin plus whatever junk was said to come along.

Watch Luongo play and tell me with a straight face if half the proposals you saw here weren't a joke. Luongo is playing like a top 3 goalie again ( only Anderson has been better to start) and is the only reason Vancouver got points in the games he's played. The team is a shadow of its old self.

Give Vancouver Reimer/Scivens and the only game they might have won is the Colorado game. This is a team living off its goaltending. The Anaheim game shows you what happens when the goalie is slightly off.
What about Kadri? You left him out. Canuck fans also thought he was "Junk". Would have been a fine trade getting him.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Woah, am I hearing things or did they just say on the TSN update that Gillis is at the Pit/Wash game in person?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Our young, cheap goalie has a .922 save%. Why exactly should he be dumped and bring in Luongo?
I get that Reimer is playing well, but c'mon he has to play a few more games before the parade is planned. I can agree if you don't like the price of Luongo, fine and dandy. But to say Remier is back to full form after 4-5 games is pretty quick assumption.

Hopefully he keeps his play up.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Woah, am I hearing things or did they just say on the TSN update that Gillis is at the Pit/Wash game in person?

Gillis and Gilman are there. Gotta be talks related.

Johannson seems to be struggling so I can see him being included. Beyond that, who knows?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:18 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
I get that Reimer is playing well, but c'mon he has to play a few more games before the parade is planned. I can agree if you don't like the price of Luongo, fine and dandy. But to say Remier is back to full form after 4-5 games is pretty quick assumption.

Hopefully he keeps his play up.
Eh, I hate comments like this. He posted a .921 save % in his rookie season and has played well at every pro level. This isn't a fluke 4 or 5 games and no parade is being planned.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:19 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Now TSn is credible, right?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Skead

Quote:
Eh, I hate comments like this. He posted a .921 save % in his rookie season and has played well at every pro level. This isn't a fluke 4 or 5 games and no parade is being planned.
Not arguing his numbers aren't good, but like Schneider they aren't extensive.
Both Schneider and Reimer needs to play well consistently for longer periods before being bonafied number 1's

Old
02-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Only when they report things that can't be refuted, as in someone's presence in a building.

Generally, they are dog's breakfast with Canucks related news. Hope that clears things up.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Both Schneider and Reimer needs to play well consistently for longer periods before being bonafied number 1's
Reimer hasn't had much of a chance to show more so all we have is what we have seen. But this certainly isn't coming out of nowhere.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
What?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
What?
Any news related to a trade with Luongo to Toronto had Canuck fans screaming how much b.s. it was.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Skead, don't bother. Reimer hasn't done anything to warrant concern to this point. If TOR management wants to ride that out, let them. I still see the same weaknesses in him (glove hand + five hole). As the season progresses, they are bound to be exploited. But I don't think TOR cares because they aren't in "win now" mode.

TOR is not an option for Luongo. Whether it be from Lu rejected the move, them not having the pieces, or Reimer performing well right now. No need for Gillis to force a deal to them, or for Nonis to make one.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Any news related to a trade with Luongo to Toronto had Canuck fans screaming how much b.s. it was.
... and?

Luongo hasn't been traded to Toronto...

Old
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Skead

Quote:
Reimer hasn't had much of a chance to show more so all we have is what we have seen. But this certainly isn't coming out of nowhere.
Exactly; so why jump to conclusions and say your goaltending is resolved when clearly it hasn't stood the test of time. As previously said I will be the first to admit that in trading Luongo we're giving up a guaranteed .920% SV goalie and going with one that is younger, but with 1/10th the games of Luongo.

It's all about risk/reward.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Exactly; so why jump to conclusions and say your goaltending is resolved when clearly it hasn't stood the test of time. As previously said I will be the first to admit that in trading Luongo we're giving up a guaranteed .920% SV goalie and going with one that is younger, but with 1/10th the games of Luongo.

It's all about risk/reward.
The post I was referring to stated the Leafs right now need a goaltender. No they do not.

And making cliched and annoying comments about "Planning The Parade" is jumping to conclusions about my excitement over Reimer, isn't it?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Quote:
Yes, when they are reporting on fact and not rumours/speculation

Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Yes, when they are reporting on fact and not rumours/speculation
Bob Mackenzie is all about baseless speculation isn't he?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Skead

Quote:
The post I was referring to stated the Leafs right now need a goaltender. No they do not.

And making cliched and annoying comments about "Planning The Parade" is jumping to conclusions about my excitement over Reimer, isn't it?
It's a hyperbole, absolutely. I honestly don't believe anyone is planning a parade when I say that.

I will end in the note that you're right in your saying you do not need a goaltender, but the Leafs do need a consistent proven goaltender, is that Reimer? To be determined...

Old
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good keep him then. It will help your team stay at the bottom, no need to improve.

You can include Kadri if you want. Kadri and Frattin will not entice Vancouver as much as you want to believe. No I'm not saying they are bad players, but Luongo will have a much bigger impact than either of them

To be clear I want to Leafs to do well. I have a problem with Burke, used to like the Leafs before he got there. Love the Raps and Jays so I'm not a Toronto hater.

Just seems like your fans are happy trying to accumulate pieces

Old
02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Bob Mackenzie is all about baseless speculation isn't he?

I dunno, is Komisarek and 4th still as coveted?

Old
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Skead

So let's talk Washington trade options;

Any WSH fans in here that can give us some low downs on options?

Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Skead

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Quote:
Roberto Luongo will start versus #oilers. #canucks

hmmm interesting...

Old
02-03-2013, 01:13 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Alot of Canuck fans have complained about Leaf fans saying they dont really want Luongo at his price but still coming to this thread. But it works both ways doesn't it?

You say you dont want any of the pieces we would give up but some of you are certainly trying hard to convince us we need him and we are wrong about Reimer.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Alot of Canuck fans have complained about Leaf fans saying they dont really want Luongo at his price but still coming to this thread. But it works both ways doesn't it?

You say you dont want any of the pieces we would give up but some of you are certainly trying hard to convince us we need him and we are wrong about Reimer.
I don't particularly care if the Leafs want him or not, I don't even really fancy the idea of Gardiner because he'd have to play 3rd line duty which is solidified unless we send back Edler/Garrison/Bieksa/Hamhuis...

It's just interesting in a thread about Roberto Luongo leaf fans come in and say Reimer is playing amazing don't even talk to us about Luongo... well you're coming into a LUONGO THREAD. You don't want him? Fine, but I don't go into a Starbucks and yell "I GOT TIM HORTONS COFFEE THAT TASTES FINE FOR ME AND COSTS A LOT LESS, DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT COFFEE. IM HAPPY.".

Closed Thread