HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dallas vets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 05:37 AM
  #1
English stars fan
Registered User
 
English stars fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Dallas vets

Dallas is playing flat-out terrible hockey. No system, being outshot 2-1 regularly, can't keep the puck or generate scoring chances. Unless this team turns it round soon they'll be on the outside looking in before they know it. They do have a lot of vets on expiring contracts that may garner something at the deadline - not looking to go full rebuild as there will still be a decent core to build around and a number of NHL-ready prospects.

How much would you be willing to pay for any the following rentals:

Jaromir Jagr (UFA, $4.55m)
Michael Ryder (UFA, $3.5m)
Brenden Morrow (UFA, $4.1m)
Derek Roy (UFA, $4m) - harder to get as GMJN as publically expressed desire to re-sign
Stephane Robidas (1yr, $3.3m)

Dallas is looking for 2013 picks, NHL ready prospects or young roster players.

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:43 AM
  #2
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,231
vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind adding Ryder to the Avs, IMHO he would look good with Landeskog (when he gets back) and Stastny, but I'm not really sure what to offer, maybe Gaunce plus something?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:43 AM
  #3
theicebox
#MonixWatch
 
theicebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Jagr to Pittsburgh would be special.

theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:55 AM
  #4
English stars fan
Registered User
 
English stars fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I wouldn't mind adding Ryder to the Avs, IMHO he would look good with Landeskog (when he gets back) and Stastny, but I'm not really sure what to offer, maybe Gaunce plus something?
What's Gaunce's ceiling? If he's just going to be a bottom pair guy we have plenty of those so no thanks.

I can see Ryder getting a late 1st sort of value from a contender, but given you could easily be picking around #10 I think that's probably unlikely

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:56 AM
  #5
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,549
vCash: 500
Tell me what Robidas is like and what your price is for this player, please.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:58 AM
  #6
English stars fan
Registered User
 
English stars fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Tell me what Robidas is like and what your price is for this player, please.
Gritty, hard working, great shot blocker but small and getting slow. For some reason he's been getting top pairing minutes but he'd be effective as a bottom pair guy with PK time.

Maybe a 3rd?

Edit: though just seen you're a kings fan - can't see any trades in-division

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:22 AM
  #7
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Mtl will give a 2 round + kristo vs jagr

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:22 AM
  #8
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate
 
SpeakingOfTheDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,146
vCash: 500
The Devils want in on Ryder. We'd be willing to give up either D prospect+solid pick or roster Dman+lower pick.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:38 AM
  #9
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,417
vCash: 500
Leafs might be interested in Roy

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:19 AM
  #10
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
Gritty, hard working, great shot blocker but small and getting slow. For some reason he's been getting top pairing minutes but he'd be effective as a bottom pair guy with PK time.

Maybe a 3rd?

Edit: though just seen you're a kings fan - can't see any trades in-division
Doubtful they are in the same division next season, and Dallas would only trade Robidas if they were out of the playoff mix so him going to a current division team doesn't matter.

Plus, yes this can sometimes be accurate, but in the same season PHX trade Dallas Nagy and LA traded their captain Norstrom to the Stars. Aside from not being a captain, Robidas is in the same situation as Norstrom at the time (another year on the contract).

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
  #11
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
The Devils want in on Ryder. We'd be willing to give up either D prospect+solid pick or roster Dman+lower pick.
Alexander Urbom could work for Dallas honestly. They already have a ton of D prospects though, and this guy seems to be pretty similar to former Star Nicklas Grossmann and current prospect Patrik Nemeth.

I think Dallas will value centers in trades, but Urbom looks like an NHL ready defensive D prospect.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
  #12
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Mtl will give a 2 round + kristo vs jagr
Dallas has no investment in Jagr so taking a risk on Kristo signing in Dallas could work, but I don't like it.

I'd rather have more control over the asset Dallas is receiving.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
  #13
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Robidas to Minnesota for Mario Lucia?

By the way, which side does he play?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  #14
StarsFan74
Registered User
 
StarsFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: India
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Robidas to Minnesota for Mario Lucia?

By the way, which side does he play?
Right side.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
  #15
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate
 
SpeakingOfTheDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Alexander Urbom could work for Dallas honestly. They already have a ton of D prospects though, and this guy seems to be pretty similar to former Star Nicklas Grossmann and current prospect Patrik Nemeth.

I think Dallas will value centers in trades, but Urbom looks like an NHL ready defensive D prospect.
Some Devils fans value Urbom highly, but I'd do Urbom+pick for Ryder.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 PM
  #16
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
The issue with Dallas is that the top 6 that was advertised has not played together in a single game this year. Roy has been out since Benn has been back and now Whitney out for a month or so does not help. Their defense has been rock solid but i think it is way to early to blow thing offense up and start moving pieces.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
  #17
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,124
vCash: 50
What about Morrow for Stempniak?

The Flames need some toughness and would likely be sacrificing some goal scoring in the deal, but we don't have any physical fowards in our top 9 other than Glencross (and Iginla to a point).

Stempniak is under contract for next season with a very reasonable cap hit of 2.5 million and at the deadline either this year or next would likely garner the Stars a 2nd round pick or equal prospect/young player.

Method Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
  #18
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,081
vCash: 500
the ducks want morrow. i know you're a division rival but he's a pending UFA anyway. we made deals with the sharks before...

what do you want for morrow as a deadline rental

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:17 PM
  #19
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
How about Morrow to NYR for a 3rd and Niemi?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:23 PM
  #20
StarsFan74
Registered User
 
StarsFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: India
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
the ducks want morrow. i know you're a division rival but he's a pending UFA anyway. we made deals with the sharks before...
We may not be division rivals starting next season.

Quote:
what do you want for morrow as a deadline rental
A center prospect.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:24 PM
  #21
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
The issue with Dallas is that the top 6 that was advertised has not played together in a single game this year. Roy has been out since Benn has been back and now Whitney out for a month or so does not help. Their defense has been rock solid but i think it is way to early to blow thing offense up and start moving pieces.
It hasn't even been altogether for one game yet. And our defense has been far from solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
What about Morrow for Stempniak?

The Flames need some toughness and would likely be sacrificing some goal scoring in the deal, but we don't have any physical fowards in our top 9 other than Glencross (and Iginla to a point).

Stempniak is under contract for next season with a very reasonable cap hit of 2.5 million and at the deadline either this year or next would likely garner the Stars a 2nd round pick or equal prospect/young player.
No interest, we'd be looking to get younger and build for the future. Although I'd probably consider this just to get Morrow off of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
the ducks want morrow. i know you're a division rival but he's a pending UFA anyway. we made deals with the sharks before...

what do you want for morrow as a deadline rental
Not much. A 2nd would probably suffice, although GMJN has a tendency to ask for more from inner-conference teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
How about Morrow to NYR for a 3rd and Niemi?
What...?

Oh, wrong Niemi. I'd probably do this.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
  #22
StarsFan74
Registered User
 
StarsFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: India
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
The issue with Dallas is that the top 6 that was advertised has not played together in a single game this year. Roy has been out since Benn has been back and now Whitney out for a month or so does not help. Their defense has been rock solid but i think it is way to early to blow thing offense up and start moving pieces.
"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"Of course not, hun!"


StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
  #23
StarsFan74
Registered User
 
StarsFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: India
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

Not much. A 2nd would probably suffice, although GMJN has a tendency to ask for more from inner-conference teams.
I believe he asked Hodgson from the Canucks and probably Saad from the 'Hawks for Ott at the deadline, am I right?

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
  #24
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,124
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
No interest, we'd be looking to get younger and build for the future. Although I'd probably consider this just to get Morrow off of the team.
Technically moving Morrow for Stempniak would be a move to get younger since Stempniak uis 5 years younger. I understand the desire for a pick or prospect but that is why I suggested flipping Stempniak for a pick/prospect/young player at the deadline.

Supposedly Colorado is looking for a forward, perhaps a 3way deal could work as well?

To Calgary: Morrow from DAL
To Colorado: Stempniak from CAL
To Dallas: 2nd/3rd round pick from COL

Method Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #25
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Yeah, how exactly did you get Derek Roy for Steve Ott? Baffling.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.