HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where are all the people who bad mouthed Bourque?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
He can sit in the pressbox for all I care when Pacioretty comes back. Let Patches takes his spot:

Eller/DD/Cole
MaxPac/Pleks/Gionta
Prust/Gal/Gal

Bourque is still redundant in my eyes in the long-term scheme of things.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
boris4c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
He can sit in the pressbox for all I care when Pacioretty comes back. Let Patches takes his spot:

Eller/DD/Cole
MaxPac/Pleks/Gionta
Prust/Gal/Gal

Bourque is still redundant in my eyes in the long-term scheme of things.
Lol, that's ridiculous. His line has been by far our most effective and consistent line since the beginning of the season. I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to break up that line.

Also, Michel Therrien said in his press conference that Lars Eller is a centreman for the organisation and will be used as such, so I doubt we will see him on the wing on the first line.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
Lol, that's ridiculous. His line has been by far our most effective and consistent line since the beginning of the season. I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to break up that line.

Also, Michel Therrien said in his press conference that Lars Eller is a centreman for the organisation and will be used as such, so I doubt we will see him on the wing on the first line.
So who's sitting in the pressbox?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
I don't remember anyone wanting to get rid of Plekanec. Bourque of course wasn't well-liked by fans due to his lack of effort and productivity. This year, so far, he's turned it around completely and earning his fans the way hockey players should, with his effort, performance, and how he seemingly cares now.

Speaking of impatience, you couldn't wait more than 7 minutes between posts to randomly insult the fans again?
You don't remembering doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And about your last comment, The Mod moved my post from another thread.

Really, if you felt insulted by my comment, it probably means you saw my comment holding some truth about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Owned.

+1 internet
Not really. See above.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 02-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
So who's sitting in the pressbox?
Not Bourque dummy! He's the absolute perfect complimentary player for Plekanec and Gionta. Now he's playing exactly like we had hoped so, and then some. And how is he redundent to a team that has Desharnais, Gionta and Gallagher.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Not Bourque dummy! He's the absolute perfect complimentary player for Plekanec and Gionta. Now he's playing exactly like we had hoped so, and then some. And how is he redundent to a team that has Desharnais, Gionta and Gallagher.
So who do we sit?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Beendair Donedat

Probably Armstrong or White.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

Why do people keep putting DD as our top line? Pleks outplays him every night and gets the harder assignments and more ice time.

Pleks is our #1 centre, deal with it.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Turianel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Why do people keep putting DD as our top line? Pleks outplays him every night and gets the harder assignments and more ice time.

Why wanted a 1 or second center. Plekanec is very very good in every part of the game, just not a superstar. DD is all offence. With Galch, we have 3 lines that can score. Remove Moen, and I believe that we would have 4 lines!

For me, it's looking good! Keep the rythme!

Turianel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Beendair Donedat

Desharnais is insulated playing between the two big bodies, and has incredible chemistry with Cole and Pacioretty. By playing Plekanec on the second line you spread out your attack and get more balance.

Bourque with the cannon slapper that beat everything but the post this afternoon. Played solid again, this line looks good.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:

Agreed. He was the number one center in 07-08, 09-10, 10-11 and 11-12.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Tons of respect to Plekanec, definitely our top center, but IMO the top line is whichever one Pacioretty is on.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Our team doesn't have a superstar forward (yet... one is on his way, I think). I don't think it matters what we call the "top line" in the meantime. It's cooler to have mulitple lines who could be top on a given night (as long as it's because they're all contributing and the team is winning, anyway).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Hugo Sham

so DD has two good games and the fan-boys are out? I'm not a big Desharnais fan but he has been better. It helps as mentioned to insulated by 6'2 220 lbs wingers.

but spare me the pleks criticism. again led all centers in ice time...most complete center on the team by FAR - and Therrien knows this

back to Bourque - wasn't happy with his game last year - been terrific this year...goes to the net, plays north south game, digs pucks out and get them to his speedy partners up front, big shot...

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Mats86

Been awesome if Bourque had scored on that slapshot today to put game away. Rang it off the pipe with a few minutes left.

Mats86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:40 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Tons of respect to Plekanec, definitely our top center, but IMO the top line is whichever one Pacioretty is on.
Plekanec dominates the game more than Pacioretty and makes both his wingers better. Pacioretty is a good winger no doubt but he is not as good all around as Plekenec.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Plekanec dominates the game more than Pacioretty and makes both his wingers better. Pacioretty is a good winger no doubt but he is not as good all around as Plekenec.
I feel weird arguing against Plek, I love his play and have defended him on these boards through some tough times... he's definitely useful in a wider variety of situations than Pacioretty. At evens though (where the numbered lines come into play), Pacioretty is just so good at moving the puck up ice and getting it to the net. Simple as it seems, it's such a huge part of the game.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Odelein24

Something I had been speculating about confirmed on TSN 990 yesterday afternoon: Did Berg ever encounter Bourque back in Chicago?

According to Elliotte Friedman, he did. Berg pretty much told Friedman that he knows exactly what he has in Bourque.

It seems like Berg's past relationship with Bourque might have helped Bourque rebound this year.

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote