HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas vets

Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Technically moving Morrow for Stempniak would be a move to get younger since Stempniak uis 5 years younger. I understand the desire for a pick or prospect but that is why I suggested flipping Stempniak for a pick/prospect/young player at the deadline.

Supposedly Colorado is looking for a forward, perhaps a 3way deal could work as well?

To Calgary: Morrow from DAL
To Colorado: Stempniak from CAL
To Dallas: 2nd/3rd round pick from COL
Avs won't move their picks.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:39 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Technically moving Morrow for Stempniak would be a move to get younger since Stempniak uis 5 years younger. I understand the desire for a pick or prospect but that is why I suggested flipping Stempniak for a pick/prospect/young player at the deadline.

Supposedly Colorado is looking for a forward, perhaps a 3way deal could work as well?

To Calgary: Morrow from DAL
To Colorado: Stempniak from CAL
To Dallas: 2nd/3rd round pick from COL
Would do this.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Would do this.
and you could substitute Colorado for pretty much any team needing a middle 6 winger (Penguins maybe?). I really think it has the potential to benefit every team involved.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Would love one of Jagr/Ryder on the Rangers. Can Ryder play center at all?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Would love one of Jagr/Ryder on the Rangers. Can Ryder play center at all?
Nope.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:54 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Yeah, how exactly did you get Derek Roy for Steve Ott? Baffling.
+ Pardy. It's just that Pardy didn't work out for them either.

Also, Roy's value dropped because of his injuries and he wasn't producing much in Buffalo. For all intents and purposes, he is a reclamation project.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Ryder+Gazdic to BOS for Jared Knight and Tommy Cross and perhaps a pick ?

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:05 PM
InjuredChoker

Ryder to DET, what would you want?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Ryder to DET, what would you want?
Ryder is a rental, and he'll likely be the best pure goal scorer available for a playoff team to add.

I think Dallas will get a pick and prospect, and pick would depend on the type of prospect coming back.

I think Dallas will value centers most. Wingers and D are about even. I don't think they'd be interested in any prospect goalies.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Ryder+Gazdic to BOS for Jared Knight and Tommy Cross and perhaps a pick ?
Prefer a center prospect. Someone like Spooner or Khokhlachev.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Dallas has no investment in Jagr so taking a risk on Kristo signing in Dallas could work, but I don't like it.

I'd rather have more control over the asset Dallas is receiving.
The college loophole has closed for Kristo, he cannot opt out to be UFA, so it would be Dallas or home.

A 2nd + Kristo would be way too much for a month+maybe playoff of Jagr. We aren't a top 6 winger away from the cup.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:41 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
The college loophole has closed for Kristo, he cannot opt out to be UFA, so it would be Dallas or home.
How though? I know the rule is apparently called the Goepfert Letter Agreement, but no one seems to have any information.

Do you know of a place to get more info?

Why are the being so secretive about it?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Treb

Quote:
How though? I know the rule is apparently called the Goepfert Letter Agreement, but no one seems to have any information.

Do you know of a place to get more info?

Why are the being so secretive about it?
Because if he wanted to do it, he would have had to do it summer 2012. Players playing in the USHL the year after being drafted, then going to NCAA (see Kristo, Schultz) can opt out of school after their 3rd year in the NCAA (like Schultz). Kristo has passed that point, so he cannot opt for UFA. He's like CHL/European prospects now.

Edit: Dunno where you can get more info, but montreal (the user) on the Habs board knows a lot of NCAA related things and has corrected countless habs fan on that point.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:55 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Because if he wanted to do it, he would have had to do it summer 2012. Players playing in the USHL the year after being drafted, then going to NCAA (see Kristo, Schultz) can opt out of school after their 3rd year in the NCAA (like Schultz). Kristo has passed that point, so he cannot opt for UFA. He's like CHL/European prospects now.

Edit: Dunno where you can get more info, but montreal (the user) on the Habs board knows a lot of NCAA related things and has corrected countless habs fan on that point.
I'm just more confused. CHL and European players aren't even the same anymore.

If you draft an 18 or 19 year old Euro player, you have 4 years to sign them. You still only have 2 on CHLers.

How is a 22 year old NCAA player the same as a CHLer or guy from Europe?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:19 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
I'm just more confused. CHL and European players aren't even the same anymore.

If you draft an 18 or 19 year old Euro player, you have 4 years to sign them. You still only have 2 on CHLers.

How is a 22 year old NCAA player the same as a CHLer or guy from Europe?
I am going to take a wild guess here, but if NCAA rules that exist for football regarding amateur status apply for hockey too (most likely they do), then a student can't sign a contract. If a NCAA draftee continues his education to completion (4 years is the usual length) without opting out, then it might be required that the time period be given.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
I am going to take a wild guess here, but if NCAA rules that exist for football regarding amateur status apply for hockey too (most likely they do), then a student can't sign a contract. If a NCAA draftee continues his education to completion (4 years is the usual length) without opting out, then it might be required that the time period be given.
It wasn't my intention to derail the thread, but I've really been wondering about this.

The major drawback to that scenario would by most NCAA hockey players don't go to college at 18. You'll at least see 1 year in the USHL, BCHL, OPJHL, etc. If the team gets 2 years to sign him, now they control him for 7 years if they draft him as an 18 year old (1 season of USHL, 4 in NCAA, then 2 year period to sign).

I wish someone would hurry up and write an article explaining the Goepfert Letter Agreement. Regardless, I'll shut up and just be content with assuming that agreement really did fix the loophole until I hear the details.

I'm most interested in how this will apply to Dallas picks Scott Winkler and Curtis McKenzie. I don't think there's any chance McKenzie signs in Dallas if he can easily become an UFA, but he's a guy I'd really like to see if he can develop into an aggressive Bottom 6 checker.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
It wasn't my intention to derail the thread, but I've really been wondering about this.

The major drawback to that scenario would by most NCAA hockey players don't go to college at 18. You'll at least see 1 year in the USHL, BCHL, OPJHL, etc. If the team gets 2 years to sign him, now they control him for 7 years if they draft him as an 18 year old (1 season of USHL, 4 in NCAA, then 2 year period to sign).

I wish someone would hurry up and write an article explaining the Goepfert Letter Agreement. Regardless, I'll shut up and just be content with assuming that agreement really did fix the loophole until I hear the details.

I'm most interested in how this will apply to Dallas picks Scott Winkler and Curtis McKenzie. I don't think there's any chance McKenzie signs in Dallas if he can easily become an UFA, but he's a guy I'd really like to see if he can develop into an aggressive Bottom 6 checker.
I think a discussion about this letter might be the more intelligent thing about such "Value of" threads.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Treb

Quote:

By the same as CHL/Euro, I meant they can't go UFA unless the team let them go. NCAA draftees have until they finish school to be signed (usually 4 years, 5 for people that stays 1 year in the USHL, BCHL, OPJHL, etc.).

Edit: Winkler is in his 4th NCAA year, so he can't opt out as UFA. Mckenzie played only in the NCAA post-draft, so he's not loophole eligible.