HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1234
I should add that i'm actually impressed with the guy, holds off guys pretty well when he should be getting wrecked being only 5'7". But his value if very low.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
are you kidding? this thread is about his value.. not why he got off to a slow start. I'm saying he doesn't have much value because he has had one good season... thats it. I wouldn't want my team to acquire him because he hasn't done a thing in this league.. and I sure wouldn't give anything up for him either.
Thats fair. My only issue is using the term "Red Flags". With DD, what you see is what you get. There are no "Red Flags" with him. And yes, this is relevant in a "Value" thread because if he was with 5'7" with red flags, he wouldn't sniff the NHL and no team would want him. At the moment at least one team (the Habs) does.

Last edited by lamp9post: 01-29-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
sharks9

Quote:
are you kidding? this thread is about his value.. not why he got off to a slow start. I'm saying he doesn't have much value because he has had one good season... thats it. I wouldn't want my team to acquire him because he hasn't done a thing in this league.. and I sure wouldn't give anything up for him either.
In case you didn't notice, he had 65 points last year.

But yea, his slow start is getting so overblown it's ridiculous. If he hasn't picked up halfway through the season, then people will have reason to criticize.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
In case you didn't notice, he had 65 points last year.

But yea, his slow start is getting so overblown it's ridiculous. If he hasn't picked up halfway through the season, then people will have reason to criticize.
60, and he started on the 3rd line getting barely any icetime so it's not inconceivable that he'll get it going. Just a slow start is all!

Going to have to keep him for another year or two and see which one of him and Plek can keep the 2nd line spot behind Galchenyuk

Old
01-29-2013, 03:56 PM
inthewings

Doesn't he only have 1 point this year?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
I should add that i'm actually impressed with the guy, holds off guys pretty well when he should be getting wrecked being only 5'7". But his value if very low.
His value very low wtf are you talking about if Desharnais was on the block we could have something good in return for him. Very low would be a 4th-7th round pick Dd could easily fetch a prospect and a good pick probably late 1st or 2nd.

60 points centers are not traded for 4th round picks in the league.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

I was going back and forth with some of my Habs friends and they were all going on about how he's gonna become a 50 assist player for you guys. You should keep him

Old
01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Doesn't he only have 1 point this year?
2 pts in 4 games. Not good but nothing to get that worried about.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I was going back and forth with some of my Habs friends and they were all going on about how he's gonna become a 50 assist player for you guys. You should keep him
Put up 44 last year. It's not that big of a reach. If we used "Tyler Bozak extrapolation" he'd likely hit 90.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:22 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
2 pts in 4 games. Not good but nothing to get that worried about.
Oh it's nothing to worry about at all. I was just asking because yahoo has him at 1 point.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Kshahdoo

5th is too much for him...

Old
02-04-2013, 05:50 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
5th is too much for him...
5th is too much for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Oh it's nothing to worry about at all. I was just asking because yahoo has him at 1 point.
Yeah, the scorekeeper gave Cole his assist in a game. They corrected it over a day later.

He has 5pts in 8gp now.. Scored 3 goals and looked awesome this weekend.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Drydenwasthebest

DD is worth more to the Habs at the moment than he is worth on the open market. Although he had a great season last year, people see his size and age as a significant negative. They don't see the constant motor he has and the fact that he has been a point producing player at every single level of hockey he has ever played. DD will need another season equivalent to last before he gets the respect he deserves from people, including far too many Habs fans.

Luckily for us, he will get that second great season this year...

Old
02-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Swarez

Because of his size he will never get value that other C's get that get similar points. Most people still want size, especially down the middle.

-GM's will feel he will need some protection and must have bigger wings to play with, and on a winning team can only really play the #2C role. That isn't to say he isn't a good player, every time I seen him play he plays hard, plays bigger than his size, strong on puck, and always making something happen.

What is his contract like right now? I could see him being expendable in a year or two when Galy becomes the #1, and pleks is still #2.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:55 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

The Montreal Canadiens fanbase is still torn on the value of David Desharnais which is why I'm bumping this thread. What would your team offer for David Desharnais right now?

Closed Thread