HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about Stéphane Richer?

Old
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Come on, let's stay serious guys. I'm offering a constructive and realistic way to improve the team at little cost and you guys are just being silly.
Oh my god, he is serious.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Come on, let's stay serious guys. I'm offering a constructive and realistic way to improve the team at little cost and you guys are just being silly.
Exactly. I think the Richer idea is a very good one. Imagine all of his moves and dangles in the "new-NHL" without people hooking on him and holding him back? Richer would probably be good for 30 goals, even in spot duty. And shootouts!

The other constructive and realistic way to improve the team at little cost that might be worth exploring would involve our Swiss connection. While Streit and Aebischer have certainly made their marks, I am thinking of some of our ex-pats, like Oleg Petrov. Still just 35. You want to sign Sergei Samsonov for $4M? Petrov can do the same thing for $450,000. Paul DiPietro is also 35. Benoit Gratton and Sebastien Bordeleau, are they even 30 yet? You might be tempted to laugh, but Glen Metropolit was the leading scorer in Switzerland last season. And guess where he is today? Petteri Nummelin was the leading scorer on defense. Ville Peltonen was near the top. All 3 signed to NHL contracts in recent weeks. Cheap h-alp available. All it takes is a little bit of creative thinking, like our good friend Kirk Muller just demonstrated.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:45 AM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Who knew things go degrade so far in so little time.

Morning of July 1st-fans filled with unbrideled enthusiasm at the crop of great UFAs available
Night July 2/3-fans suggesting bringing back retired former Canadiens from the 1998-2003 glory days to stimulate team offense

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:49 AM
not quite yoda

Blind Guardian.

No. just No. I respect your posts more than those of anyone else on this board. But Richer? a floater who tries once ever 3 games who's been out of the game for years? The guy who offered his services to Gainey already (during his retirement) and Gainey said "I'll think about it" and we never heard from him again?

No. And Petrov can't do what Samsonov can do. Samsonov is shifier, is more injury prone and has a better shot. Check their career stats, there is a clear disctinction to be made in their production too.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post
Blind Guardian.

No. just No. I respect your posts more than those of anyone else on this board. But Richer? a floater who tries once ever 3 games who's been out of the game for years? The guy who offered his services to Gainey already (during his retirement) and Gainey said "I'll think about it" and we never heard from him again?.
Agree to disagree. Richer would serve very well on our 2nd line. In shootouts he would be deadly. The guy is a true sniper, which we lack.

Quote:
No. And Petrov can't do what Samsonov can do. Samsonov is shifier, is more injury prone and has a better shot. Check their career stats, there is a clear disctinction to be made in their production too.
Petrov got 47 in the "old" NHL which means he would get at least 65 next year with us. Petrov-Koivu-Richer :drool: that line would rock so hard it's not even funny. I think that put side by side, Petrov would far outshine Samsonov next year. Plus, at 5'9 he has the size that Samsonov doesn't have.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:00 AM
not quite yoda

Ok.

then tell me. how come no GM in the NHL (with all his scouts) will offer Petrov a multi-year 4M$ contract this summer?

and how come there are NHL GMs (with all their scouts) bidding 4M$ contracts on Samsonov right now?

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

I want Dave The Moose Morisette back

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:17 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Elias...

Arnott...

Shanahan...

RICHER

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Artyukhin*

oleg i honestly would take him back even at 35 the guy still got it . richer on the other hand no (#$@# way)

ah the old days

http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/10/12/nhl_zoom.jpg

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:19 AM
tritone

Quote:
Sure the guy hasnt played in almost 2 years, but he just might be the player we have been looking for to add some offensive punch. He's a good sniper who has the CH 'tatoué sur le coeur'. He even has a CH-shaped golf course. I saw that in a magazine once. He has a lot of veteran experience and would be able to show the tricks of the trade to our younger guys like Kostitsyn and Ryder. I think he would look good on Koivu's wing. I dont think a lot of teams will send him an offer, we should take a chance and give him an incentive-based contract, something like 700K$ base salary, and if he reaches his 50-goal form again, the bonuses kick it up to like 2 million $. What do you guys think? I think it's worth the shot, what's the risk?

Tell me you forgot the sarcasm smiley please, say it , say it, come on

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Montrealer

This entire thread belongs brings back memories of Shaggy singing "Oh Carolina"

Quote:
Carolina come bubble 'pon me
Oh watch how she groove
Carolina come wine 'pon me
Oh watch how di gal groove
Oh Carolina (Prowl off, jump an prance)
Oh Carolina (Prowl off, jump an prance)
Oh Carolina gal prowl off
Gal yuh fi jump an prance (Prowl off, jump an prance)
*Montrealer cries silently in the corner*

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
I am waiting for someone to wake me up, and tell me the last thread I saw was not actually there. I'm sorry, Richer as a joke yeah... but if people seriously think he can play right now, that's absolutely pathetic.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 03:25 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Richer would have troubles to score in the much more improved AHL... Get realistic, the game has changed and neither Richer or guys like Perreault, Dagenais could fit in the new NHL... You have to skate first...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:01 AM
tinyzombies

Is Aurele Joliat still alive?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:47 AM
FinnHab

Are we desperate or something like that??

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 06:23 AM
rocketlives

Yanick Perreault at the right price could be a solution. He'd be an improvement over Ribeiro. He'd score more goals and win more face-offs.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 06:39 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

I guess this makes it official that people want to see the Habs add someone (...ANYONE) just for the sake of adding someone.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:04 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahqa View Post
I guess this makes it official that people want to see the Habs add someone (...ANYONE) just for the sake of adding someone.
how about Gordie Howe ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:10 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
how about Gordie Howe ?
We have a winner

Old
07-03-2006, 07:21 AM
JohnnyB11

And while we're at it, did anyone think of offering Raphael a contract??

It's incredible really, for some fans FA period is like a drug, the longer they go without a signing the more desparate and crazy they beome. Stephane Richer could help this team??? I can't believe you are THAT desparate to see some kind of signing, really.

Keep in mind that for every player that signs somewhere else, there is a team that has just lost them. I'd be worried if we were losing top notch talents via FA and not replacing them. Who exactly have we lost again? Oh yeah, Sundstrom and Bulis...

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Exactly. I think the Richer idea is a very good one. Imagine all of his moves and dangles in the "new-NHL" without people hooking on him and holding him back? Richer would probably be good for 30 goals, even in spot duty. And shootouts!

The other constructive and realistic way to improve the team at little cost that might be worth exploring would involve our Swiss connection. While Streit and Aebischer have certainly made their marks, I am thinking of some of our ex-pats, like Oleg Petrov. Still just 35. You want to sign Sergei Samsonov for $4M? Petrov can do the same thing for $450,000. Paul DiPietro is also 35. Benoit Gratton and Sebastien Bordeleau, are they even 30 yet? You might be tempted to laugh, but Glen Metropolit was the leading scorer in Switzerland last season. And guess where he is today? Petteri Nummelin was the leading scorer on defense. Ville Peltonen was near the top. All 3 signed to NHL contracts in recent weeks. Cheap h-alp available. All it takes is a little bit of creative thinking, like our good friend Kirk Muller just demonstrated.
Eh, Richer would be pretty good in his prime but at 40 ... He isn't a fitness freak by any stretch of the imagination so I doubt he's in form.

Petrov though, I think if it's a low risk/high reward chance. Remember he scored 24 goals in the old nhl. He'd be perfect in the new one, and he's been dominating in europe, even during the lockout agaisnt Thorthon and Nash (he outscored both).

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Blind Guardian.

No. just No. I respect your posts more than those of anyone else on this board. But Richer? a floater who tries once ever 3 games who's been out of the game for years? The guy who offered his services to Gainey already (during his retirement) and Gainey said "I'll think about it" and we never heard from him again?

Aw, don't be such a wet blanket. Assume the lotus position, close your eyes, clear your mind, chant a few "om"s, try to channel the spirit of what Kirk and I are trying to do here. It's not as bad as you think.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
No your being silly, make that downright stupid. The guy is done he has over the hill and falling fast on the other side.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Petrov I honestly would try, he was one of my favorite when he was on the team, just because he never had a shift off. And damn was he a waterbug out there with the puck, and had some grit too ! A real warrior !

But I came here since I thought it was a joke... Richer ??

He has size, but he's wayyyyyyyyyy past his prime, never was a hard worker, and why do people constantly bring out the 'shootout' argument, it's not like it's happening often ! Look what we did with Dagenais, we kept him cause he was good in shootout... yeah... he'll play in the NAHL too

Bring back Andrei Bashkirov ! With his speed he will thrive in the new NHL ! (not with stone hands, with LEAD hands damn)
Bring back Juha Lind ! He's finnish he could play with Koivu !
Bring back Mick Vukota ! Damn he WAS a player...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:28 PM
LeHab

How about Mariusz "The Polish Prince" Czerkawski ?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote