HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
I put a bunch of offers from the 10 page so far loktionov thread so king fans dont have to read my trade rants and dealing with fans Alot more interest then i though on him

Old
01-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I kind of see Tangradi and King as similar players. Not sure I see a spot for ET on this roster yet
From what I've gathered that would be fairly inaccurate. The picture that keeps getting painted by frustrated Pittsburgh fans is that he's a younger version of the current Dustin Penner -- frustrating lack of on-ice production and no real inclination to consistently throw his body around despite his size.

With King you at least know he's going to hit people if he's not contributing on the scoreboard.

The other thing to consider is that Tangradi was actually being played on a line with James Neal and Evgeni Malkin for a period of time, but couldn't muster up anything offensively. So while it's not impossible, I find it difficult to imagine that he's going to suddenly put up numbers on the Kings.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
The other thing to consider is that Tangradi was actually being played on a line with James Neal and Evgeni Malkin for a period of time, but couldn't muster up anything offensively. So while it's not impossible, I find it difficult to imagine that he's going to suddenly put up numbers on the Kings.
If by "for a period of time" you mean maybe 20 shifts spread over 6 games then yes Tangradi played with Malkin and Neal. For as uninspiring as he looked in those 20 shifts he looked promising in his 3 shifts next to Crosby, but Bylsma thinks Kunitz and Dupuis are constitutionally required to be on Crosby's line.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...55018270433280
Quote:
Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Sabres: Chi, Edm, Phil, Col, Mont, #tbLightning, #nhlJets, Pitt, Det, Nash, SJ, Cbs, Phx, Ott, NYR, Ana, LAK, Tor
Probably not much to read into, but knowing that the Kings don't play either club this season, it is interesting to note that they have scouts present, as do 17 other NHL clubs.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...55018270433280

Probably not much to read into, but knowing that the Kings don't play either club this season, it is interesting to note that they have scouts present, as do 17 other NHL clubs.
Weiss and Leopold would be the obvious targets for many clubs.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Weiss is definitely a name that is going to draw tons of attention. He was discussed on CBC's Hotstove and to no surprise, many clubs are interested in him. I doubt the Kings are looking at Weiss though (unless their plan is to use him as LW with Richards and Carter). I don't think the Kings have or are willing to give up the assets Florida will be asking for in return for Weiss either.

Leopold to the Kings makes a lot of sense.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I would kill to have ovechkin on the kings. Kopitar Doughty and quick are off limits but I wonder what it'd take since his value is at its lowest

Old
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I would kill to have ovechkin on the kings. Kopitar Doughty and quick are off limits but I wonder what it'd take since his value is at its lowest
Cap.

The Kings would have to send someone like Richards or Carter back. To offset the cost.

Also Ovi is not a Sutter player. Him and Sutter would butt heads.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:14 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Cap.

The Kings would have to send someone like Richards or Carter back. To offset the cost.

Also Ovi is not a Sutter player. Him and Sutter would butt heads.
I doubt it I think Sutter would boost Ovi to being what he is and we need a player like him we don't have many players with a great shot and speed. He's a great hitter too. He'd fit perfectly

Old
02-03-2013, 03:18 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I doubt it I think Sutter would boost Ovi to being what he is and we need a player like him we don't have many players with a great shot and speed. He's a great hitter too. He'd fit perfectly
There is a reason Ovi sucks right now, and it's not coaching.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:23 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
There is a reason Ovi sucks right now, and it's not coaching.
What's the reason and who says he sucks? I've been watching the caps game this whole season cause the kings are doing bad. Ovechkin is doing well, just because it doesn't show on the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't trying. I really think a change of scenery would get him going. He's showing many signs of his former self and I think that a trade would get him back. It's really worth a shot.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
They'd only trade him for a #1C, top four D and huge package of prospects/picks so we can just forget about it right now.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:26 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
They'd only trade him for a #1C, top four D and huge package of prospects/picks so we can just forget about it right now.
Bingo.....

Lets put down the pipe dreams. People..

You don't get impact players, or former Impact players for scrubs.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Isn't Richards a #1 center. I think we can execute a deal but if his value is as high as live in the Now said then maybe not. But if it's lower and they are willing to risk it cause they are doubtful of him then maybe we can.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Isn't Richards a #1 center. I think we can execute a deal but if his value is as high as live in the Now said then maybe not. But if it's lower and they are willing to risk it cause they are doubtful of him then maybe we can.
Richards is not a number one Center. And the way he started this season..It's debatable if he is even a number two.

Also that would require Carter to play second line Center, that doesn't work on the Kings.

Carter is a much better Winger(on the Kings).

Washington wouldn't move OVI anyway, he is the only thing selling tickets there atm.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

do not want Ovechkin. Have you been watching him? The guy is playing with no heart, and is just awful all over the ice

Old
02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Richards is not a number one Center. And they way he started this season..It's debatable if he is even a number two.
I think Richards is more likely to have a bounce back and he's more dimensional maybe that would balance it out. Anyways I'm just shooting for the stars I know it's not likely but I'm just wondering value.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I think Richards is more likely to have a bounce back and he's more dimensional maybe that would balance it out. Anyways I'm just shooting for the stars I know it's not likely but I'm just wondering value.
Washington would want more, than the Kings are willing to give up.

That you can be 100% sure of.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I don't think anyone would consider Richards a #1C now. I always put myself in the situation of what I would want from the other team if I was the fan of the team we want to trade with. Being realistic Washington could accept something like this.

Kopitar, Greene, Pearson, 1st, 2nd. There is no way on this whole planet I'd ever do a deal like that.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
do not want Ovechkin. Have you been watching him? The guy is playing with no heart, and is just awful all over the ice
Yes I have been watching him. He's playing on an unsuccessful team his whole career this season I seen him play better than last season and he has shown that he can gain form but I think for him to gain original form would be a new team with success like the kings. We are more solid than the Caps and I just think overall he'd be much better here than on the caps. Some people say he sucks all over but he just started slow he's actually all over today and is only getting better. He had like 7 shots today, skating around orpik, speed and effort. He's still got it.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Who is 'we'? You don't work for DL and fortunately he's a whole lot smarter. Richards isn't going anywhere. This would be the 3rd week of training camp, which is why he's played better every game. He had a good game last night and withouit his work on the point neither of those PP goals goes in.
He wasn't the top line center who took 2 bad penalties late and along with Penners' penalty cost this team 2 points.

Quote:
Richards is not a number one Center. And the way he started this season..It's debatable if he is even a number two.
Yes he is a top 6 center, given the full scope of what that job entails, esp on the Kings. His primary job is to take pressure off Kopi and provide puck possession time in the O zone and scoring chances, which he did last night (and Jewels from the Crown website had that stat up). I guess that depends on how you define what a top tier center 's job it. And if you are using 7 games in a season without the benefit of training camp, then you need to stick to checkers or a sport you can understand.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
damacles1156

If I was Washington the Phone call would start with Kopitar....

Old
02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't think anyone would consider Richards a #1C now. I always put myself in the situation of what I would want from the other team if I was the fan of the team we want to trade with. Being realistic Washington could accept something like this.

Kopitar, Greene, Pearson, 1st, 2nd. There is no way on this whole planet I'd ever do a deal like that.
What about Richards Greene Stoll 1st 2nd

Old
02-03-2013, 03:43 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Who is 'we'? You don't work for DL and fortunately he's a whole lot smarter. Richards isn't going anywhere. This would be the 3rd week of training camp, which is why he's played better every game. He had a good game last night and withouit his work on the point neither of those PP goals goes in.
He wasn't the top line center who took 2 bad penalties late and along with Penners' penalty cost this team 2 points.

Yes he is a top 6 center, given the full scope of what that job entails, esp on the Kings. His primary job is to take pressure off Kopi and provide puck possession time in the O zone and scoring chances, which he did last night (and Jewels from the Crown website had that stat up). I guess that depends on how you define what a top tier center 's job it. And if you are using 7 games in a season without the benefit of training camp, then you need to stick to checkers or a sport you can understand.
Relax Cheerleader.

I was simply pointing out Richards sucked for the first few games(that's accurate btw).

Richards will be fine , he is getting into game shape.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
What about Richards Greene Stoll 1st 2nd
I would want Kopitar or no deal If I was Washington's GM.

Closed Thread