HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Lightning 2/2/13 "Rick Nash still hasn't scored on a shot WTF!!!"

View Poll Results: Three Players of the Game?
Mike Rupp 1 0.65%
Arron Asham 1 0.65%
Brian Boyle 1 0.65%
Benn Ferriero 0 0%
Rick Nash 50 32.47%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 110 71.43%
Taylor Pyatt 32 20.78%
Martin Biron 94 61.04%
Henrik Lundqvist (looking sexy on the bench) 11 7.14%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.65%
Derek Stepan 96 62.34%
Jeff Halpern 3 1.95%
Ryan McDonagh 6 3.90%
Anton Stralman 5 3.25%
Stu Bickel 2 1.30%
Matt Gilroy 3 1.95%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Marc Staal 6 3.90%
Michael Del Zotto 2 1.30%
Joe Micheletti (Had to throw him in) 21 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 03:00 PM
  #201
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He couldn't hack it in Ottawa or TB, though to be fair they probably expected more out of him than he could give them.

If he plays like this he's not a bad 6th d-man. I wouldn't mind replacing him externally, though, and I don't know if he's going to keep it up.
"Couldn't hack it".

He averaged 17+ minutes in Tampa, 17 points, +2

In Ottawa averaged 17+ minutes. Even +/-.

His two previous years with the Rangers he averaged 16+ and 14+ minutes. Even and +5. Scored 15 and 11 points. In the playoffs the second year he was one of our better players.

Thus far in two games he's even. No goals allowed. Averaging 9+ minutes.

Gilroy is a good player. The blind hate is ridiculous. Yes Tampa and Ottawa put him in a larger role then he can handle in the NHL.

He's a player, not without flaws. He's a good #5-#6. Bottom pair defenseman. With controlled minutes and less on his plate he can contribute.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:07 PM
  #202
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
"Couldn't hack it".

He averaged 17+ minutes in Tampa, 17 points, +2

In Ottawa averaged 17+ minutes. Even +/-.

His two previous years with the Rangers he averaged 16+ and 14+ minutes. Even and +5. Scored 15 and 11 points. In the playoffs the second year he was one of our better players.

Thus far in two games he's even. No goals allowed. Averaging 9+ minutes.

Gilroy is a good player. The blind hate is ridiculous. Yes Tampa and Ottawa put him in a larger role then he can handle in the NHL.

He's a player, not without flaws. He's a good #5-#6. Bottom pair defenseman. With controlled minutes and less on his plate he can contribute.
Good player? No, I wouldn't say that. Competent? Sure, absolutely. He wasn't good defensively in Tampa Bay, despite all the minutes he played. He started well and then reverted to what he is- an alright skater who's not that good defensively who will sometimes get assists. I'm fine with that over Bickel, but just because he had a decent two games doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have somebody better defensively to pair with Stralman.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  #203
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Again it depends on the role you put him in.

This is a good situation for him.

Bottom pair. Less pressure. Less money. Less expectations

He quietly had two good games against two good teams. IMO he will be good in this role.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:16 PM
  #204
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Again it depends on the role you put him in.

This is a good situation for him.

Bottom pair. Less pressure. Less money. Less expectations

He quietly had two good games against two good teams. IMO he will be good in this role.
I certainly hope so. If he plays like he did the past two games he'll work here. Hopefully he doesn't revert to old Rangers version of Gilroy. Looking forward to him proving me wrong.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:19 PM
  #205
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Biron also makes it easier on our defense because he can handle the puck better than the King . That alone helps the transition game and gets it out of the zone faster . The rest will also be good for the King !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  #206
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
I will only consider Gilroy a success if he plays double digit minutes, and can spare Staal and Girardi on the power play.

7 minutes a game, and he isn't doing anything for us Eminger couldn't. (The Eminger who has played significant pk minutes for this team)

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
  #207
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Whats up with the title? Yeah.. we can complain about the lack of goals, but...

8 games.. 7 points (almost a point per game pace)

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
  #208
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Whats up with the title? Yeah.. we can complain about the lack of goals, but...

8 games.. 7 points (almost a point per game pace)
It's a play off a post in the gdt.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.