HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
I'm not saying Richards isn't doing better every game he's improving mostly every game, I just think we need more of a player with speed size and lethal shot, Richards is another skill set. I think what's missing from the kings is a legitimate scoring touch which Richards doesn't have he's a 3 dimensional player while ovi isn't which is why I think the value is closer than people realize. Richards is doing better every game I understand but we are missing another skill set.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:48 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I would want Kopitar or no deal If I was Washington's GM.
I actually think that their GM is at the point of taking any reasonable offer they can because ovi has been on a decline so I don't think he'd really have no choice if the deal was reasonable because he is in no position to win a trade and neither are we

Old
02-03-2013, 02:48 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Yes I have been watching him. He's playing on an unsuccessful team his whole career this season I seen him play better than last season and he has shown that he can gain form but I think for him to gain original form would be a new team with success like the kings.
I watched that Caps Leafs game and thought Ovie played a good game, skating hard, driving , had his chances. But he's also had games this year where he wasn't pushing that hard.
I think you're right in that maybe it's been too many years there and he's not the right fit for that team, given what they have. It's a shame that a coach was fired last year because of Ovie having a bad year and I think Dale Hunter didnt' feel he would have success with him as well. I don't think they'll get rid of a 3rd coach, so maybe it's time to part ways.
Nobody knows what goes on inside tht locker room, but maybe he's not a good team guy, sometimes I get that feeling watching him that he's more about "I' and not 'we'.

And some of the TSN's guys were speculating on how his production has gone down over the last couple of years.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:54 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Yes I agree but if that's true, luckily we have a team of great characters which is simply missing from Washington, I think he can get on track because our teams personality towards each other.
Don't take what TSN says seriously they have a habit on nailing Russians, but his production has gone down that's true but other than that I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. But if Ovi does have a change on character and starts performing we'd have a lethal team because let's face it other than Carter and Kopitar no one has a lethal shot which I think that is what we're missing. But hell its all speculation.
And since it's not gonna happen most likely at least Richards is improving game after game. I thought he had an alright game

Old
02-03-2013, 03:01 PM
damacles1156

OVI has a 9.5m cap hit......

Unless Washington is willing to eat a good portion of that in a trade.

Ovi is pretty much unmovable. No top team can afford to have Ovi taking almost 10m of their cap, with the cap going down the next year.

And if Washington eats any of that Cap hit. They are going to want a serious haul coming back to them.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:04 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
OVI has a 9.5m cap hit......

Unless Washington is willing to eat a good portion of that in a trade.

Ovi is pretty much unmovable. No top team can afford to have Ovi taking almost 10m of their cap, with the cap going down the next year.

And if Washington eats any of that Cap hit. They are going to want a serious haul coming back to them.
Good point. It's all speculation anyways but it'd be nice to have him.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
damacles1156

A better move and sensible one. would be to try and get Iggy from Calgary.

Perfect Sutter player, nice shot, plays the game the correct way.

Also the Kings can afford him, and his contact expires after this year.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I'm not saying Richards isn't doing better every game he's improving mostly every game, I just think we need more of a player with speed size and lethal shot, Richards is another skill set. I think what's missing from the kings is a legitimate scoring touch which Richards doesn't have he's a 3 dimensional player while ovi isn't which is why I think the value is closer than people realize. Richards is doing better every game I understand but we are missing another skill set.
I agree on the want for a player with speed and shot, and that is Carter who with Richards feeding him, will produce. Carter in an 82 game season could hit 50. I think he has a shot at 22-25 this year. Gagne should help on that line, he has the skill.

And I think right now, with Mitchell's knee situation , and if he's not coming back as soon as orignally intended, then anything going out in a trade whether it be Penner in a package, will have a D man coming back. That' is DL's priority right now, esp if Greene won't be available until late spring if then.

That said, the kings are /will be under the Cap come June and maybe with other teams buying out costly contracts, esp teams that are near 70 already (like Boston is at 69.9 ) there might be that skilled guy out there, if not a Free Agent.

Richards didn't enter the league as a skilled player, what he got comes dfrom his high hockey IQ, being part wolverine and playing with that intensity , all balls and heart , also has a mean streak a mile wide (which is a huge assett to any team he plays for) nd can agitate his opposition right off their game. He's a top competitior and leader, which is why he's won championships everywhere. Wasn't a big surprise that he was the one who asked Doan to fight after Browne got slewfooted. That goes a long way on a bench.
That's a guy whose value is priceless on a team, which DL recognized. He's a good fit being Kopi, and took a lot of pressure off of Kopi in the playoffs, gave him more room.

You give MR skilled , speedy wingesr, he'll get them the puck, he's done that already.

Yes, he came to camp out of shape, like other players around the league. That can't be changed. But he's getting his game back and had a good game las tnight.
I like Gagne moving back up there because he's got several years of history with Richards and that will help.

You think I'm not frustrated living in Philly ? Having an 80 year old fanantical owner who consistanty trades away youth for the 'quick fix'? You take a look at the talent the Flyers AhL team, the phantoms had in 2005 when they won the Calder. Richards, Carter, Seidenberg, SHarpe, Niittymaki, Umberger...not ot mention having Lupul and Sbisa on the parent club.It killed me to watch Patrick Sharpe, who we drafted and helped the Phantoms win that Calder, skate around our home rink with the Cup.

Five of those phantom players have won Cups with other team. All gone...because he has no patience. At least DL has the sense to hold onto his good young players and try to build for the future.

This is agood Kings team, the core is solid and there will be room for at least 2 wingers next year and 1 more beyond that when Williams is replaced.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Iginla would be the perfect addition to the Kings roster, but it would likely cost the Kings a roster player (say Justin Williams, which isn't a big loss), then you have to add some fairly significant pieces along with that, such as Toffoli or Pearson, which I'm sure Lombardi would be reluctant to do. If they took a package of Williams, Bernier, and Loktionov for Iginla, I'd be all over it, but that seems a bit short for a well respected captain and leader who can be an impact player.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:12 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Iginla would be the perfect addition to the Kings roster, but it would likely cost the Kings a roster player (say Justin Williams, which isn't a big loss), then you have to add some fairly significant pieces along with that, such as Toffoli or Pearson, which I'm sure Lombardi would be reluctant to do. If they took a package of Williams, Bernier, and Loktionov for Iginla, I'd be all over it, but that seems a bit short for a well respected captain and leader who can be an impact player.
Not saying it would be easy, the Kings would have to part with some nice pieces.

But it's a lot more sensible than OVI.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Love Iginla...does he have a no move clause? I have wondered these last couple of years if Calgary wouldn't do right by him, like Boston did for Ray Borque. Give him the chance to win a Cup.
There's nothing not to like about him or his game.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
cneil99

I don't know why people say trade Richards. The kings have their best 1-2 centre combo in god knows how long and now the answer is to break it up? Sure I'd love more production out of Richards but I think it'll come. Playoffs are where he shines anyways.

Personally I'd be talking to Garth snow about niederreiter who demanded a trade. No clue what the cost would be but I think he'd be a great addition.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:36 PM
SFKingshomer

Maybe some young legs would spark the team like they did last season. Bench or trade/cut some vets.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Martyros

Ovechkin for Richards + Carter + ?

Bring up Loktionov/Pearson/Toffoli?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
That's too much to give up for an expiring contract.

Williams is a two-time SC winner and plays like it in big games.

Weren't we having these same discussions last season?

02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post

Bring up Loktionov/Pearson/Toffoli?
That would be a disaster for a long time. Ovechkin's contract is horrible.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
That would be a disaster for a long time. Ovechkin's contract is horrible.
well, it would substitute Richards' and Carter's contracts obviously....and plays with alot of emotion.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Ugh.

Have you lost your mind?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

You know what I love about these "trade proposal" threads?

Absolutely nothing.

Actually, they are quite amusing. Pure fantasy. And none of these deals would ever even be considered, even after a long night of drinking, toking, and snorting.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That's too much to give up for an expiring contract.

Williams is a two-time SC winner and plays like it in big games.

Weren't we having these same discussions last season?
Williams isn't the problem, and I never said he is, but if they're going to upgrade on RW, then who do you move? Logistics say Williams. He's older than the other top six wingers, Brown and Carter, and is probably here for a shorter term than those two. And the Kings aren't giving those players up, thus Williams would have to be the one to go if the Kings were to trade for Iginla.

As accomplished as Williams is, I'd take Iginla over him without batting an eyelash.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Whiskeypete

there is a whole lot of WTF and GTFO in here....

Ovechkin - dude has never lived up to the hype, period. has world class talent, but is to often a no show. LA has enough guys with this issue. contract is immovable at $9M+ and a reduced cap coming next year. to get him means at least Kopi or Richards and that is a big hell no. remember when LA was weak down the middle and Stoll was the #2. yeah let's not forget the past

Iginla - seriously? that train left the station years ago and to keep bringing it up is useless. if DL was going to do that deal, it would have been done years ago before he traded away picks, assets and brought carter in. iginla will retire and i think there will still be trade proposals for him. the cost would be less, but it likely would mean the loss of a top prospect and another #1. i would rather keep the likes of Toffoli and the draft pick.

i read that Dean does a re-evaluation every year at the 20 game mark. this year i would think that has been halved and he will do this at some point during this roadie. if anything happens it likely will happen in the next week.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
iginla will retire and i think there will still be trade proposals for him.
Yup.

I hear Rogie Vachon is still available. After what I saw last night, he can be our new backup to Quickie.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:03 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Why are you guys getting so irritated over a trade speculation thread?

Anyways ovechkin would do well as a king or well to try. We had two great centers by the if we want to improve on goal scoring you make sacrifices. Anyways Williams is good but he sucks too often and I'd like him gone in a trade cause he shows signs of brilliance but too many stupid plays.iggy would be good but he's old. We need a legit fast sniper. That's what we need.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
bobafettish*

9.5 cap hit and has regressed the last 3 seasons, no thanks.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Quote:
Williams isn't the problem, and I never said he is, but if they're going to upgrade on RW, then who do you move? Logistics say Williams. He's older than the other top six wingers, Brown and Carter, and is probably here for a shorter term than those two. And the Kings aren't giving those players up, thus Williams would have to be the one to go if the Kings were to trade for Iginla.

As accomplished as Williams is, I'd take Iginla over him without batting an eyelash.
I would love to have Iggy but I thing Calgary would want prospects and draft picks for him to rebuild there team. Something along the lines of Lokti/Pearson, 1st pick, and Bernier.

Closed Thread