TNA Impact Discussion Thread ; NO SPOILERS

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Impact moving out of the Impact Zone and take their act on the road, awesome news.
Victory!!!

About damn time.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
garry1221

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Now that TNA's going on the road, will that help or hinder them bringing in new/vetran talent? Years back, I remember reading somewhere that many stars liked tna because the tv tapings allowed for a more relaxed schedule as far as travel went. Not having to be constantly on the road etc. Also, are they going live every thursday? All in all, it's a step in the right direction.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

absolutely pumped that the first impact on the road comes to my city Chicago baby!!! though its actually Hoffman Estates, the Sears Center in Chicago sounds bigger in scope. this is being held at the same building they had Bound For Glory a few years back, and it was one of the highest attended events TNA had in the US for some time. I expect a solid crowd to show up as tickets go on sale this coming Friday and I already have heard a commercial for it.

I am trying to get 8 tickets, hopefully they dont block me out as I want them in a row as we have a big group going.

This is the start of big things for TNA. and for those that think it wont change much you simply are crazy. taking the show on the road like this not only builds excitement as every week will have a new crowd, but it will bring new marketing and advertising to each city they go to. they will get more ***** in the seats traveling then they did at the Impact Zone and people will go for the sake of going to just see it which will lead to better ratings. It wont happen over night, but if they stay on the road the entire year, I firmly believe their ratings will be in the 2.0 range by this time next year.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Shoalzie

Good on TNA for taking Impact on the road and it was also smart to limit the PPV events each year. Too many PPVs takes away from the weekly shows. Impact has more important matches than WWE does with Raw or Smackdown...very rare are the big titles are on the line in their cable shows. WWE uses their weekly shows to advance storylines and set up their title matches on the next PPV.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'm just questioning... does this type of travel bother some of the TNA wrestlers who were there because of the heavy traveling in the WWE?

Legit question. I'm just wondering.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Good on TNA for taking Impact on the road and it was also smart to limit the PPV events each year. Too many PPVs takes away from the weekly shows. Impact has more important matches than WWE does with Raw or Smackdown...very rare are the big titles are on the line in their cable shows. WWE uses their weekly shows to advance storylines and set up their title matches on the next PPV.
I'm not sure if I'm on board with cutting the PPVs down to 4, but the overall idea of cutting the PPVs down is good, wish WWE would do the same even though I know they won't and with good reason but purely from a spectator standpoint I'd prefer it.

Also the pre recorded PPVs that they did to fill in the gaps sound pretty good, really looking forward to the X Division one.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:10 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

TNA is actually doing it right. Nice and slow, building up, not immediately attacking the monster that is WWE. I love it.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

going on the road = good

storylines = good

product = has been fairly good for a while...

Old
02-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Please don't let the Aces and 8's "Higher Power" be Easy E...

Old
02-04-2013, 09:54 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Please don't let the Aces and 8's "Higher Power" be Easy E...
I would Mark if its Taker

Old
02-04-2013, 12:27 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm just questioning... does this type of travel bother some of the TNA wrestlers who were there because of the heavy traveling in the WWE?

Legit question. I'm just wondering.
I wouldnt think so as we are only talking about one a week program currently with Impact as opposed to WWE having Raw, Smackdown, and then their countless house shows.

If anything TNA cuts back on a house show a week to balance this out but either way I dont see this as a big deal as you know most of these wrestlers would prefer to come out each Thursday to perform infront of thousands of people instead of the couple hundred they get at the Impact Zone.

Moral has to be at an all time high in TNA right now. The current product is strong (but obviously still needs some tweaks) and now they get to feel like a big time promotion by going to arenas that will seat 10k or so...hopefully Chicago starts things off right with 4-5k plus in the stands, and a few surprises showing up...that would be huge if they got a defection from the WWE or someone who we havent seen in sometime show up on Impact.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I would Mark if its Taker
Considering this is so far removed from reality as a possibility...I suppose I would too.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I expect Jeff Jarrett or something like that to be the leader...

The one thing that I can see coming is Bully Ray turning and becoming a member of Aces and Eights...maybe even being their leader.. his whole "mariage" was a sham as he just wanted to get in close enough to the Hogans to get reinstated...ya never know right??

Old
02-08-2013, 05:04 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Good possibilities being thrown around here for the 'higher power'. At the beginning, I think most had pegged JJ as the head. Still a good possibility in my book. Must say, the Bully swerve mentioned above would be one hell of a swerve. Don't see it personally unless Roode, Aries or both turn face. With Brisco and Bischoff joining, I could easily see Eric Bischoff being the higher power.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:30 AM
BGDDYKWL

Looks like Bully Ray got himself on some stuff. His physique has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Looks like Bully Ray got himself on some stuff. His physique has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years.
Yeah, the gym.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:53 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

pretty wild crowd from Thursdays Impact, thats what I love to see when I tune in to watch. not the dead zone at Universal Studios.

overall it was a decent Impact, but I will say that the Aces and Eights is looking like the stale version of the N.W.O where they had Norton, Vincent, Beefcake, Rotundo, DiBiase, etc all getting pounded every night. it really isnt going anywhere and they really arent winning any matches...so not sure where this goes. but overall love A Double and Roode as tag champs!!! that was awesome! cant wait for Impact at the Sears Center in Chicago baby!

Last edited by AmericanDream: 02-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old
02-09-2013, 12:33 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Love the crowd. Has a big time promotion aura.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

not sure what kind of buildings they are targeting, but if they can hit up those 8-10k arenas right now, I think they can fill it up pretty decently to give a very high energy atmosphere.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i was thinking it was AJ as the leader for a bit...would be something at least interesting to put him in...

Old
02-12-2013, 02:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i was thinking it was AJ as the leader for a bit...would be something at least interesting to put him in...
I cant stand AJ as a heel personally. He just doesnt come across as that type of guy. Would love for him to come back and be the guy that saves TNA's ass.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I cant stand AJ as a heel personally. He just doesnt come across as that type of guy. Would love for him to come back and be the guy that saves TNA's ass.
i'd be fine with that too...just something meaningful

Old
02-15-2013, 12:07 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Yeah, the gym.
Haha, yeah he just started putting more time in at the gym. Lol. Sure. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with it, and I think he should've done it years ago.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

sucks that Bully Ray has a legit injury.

not sure how long he will be out for, but that definitely has to change plans a bit... this is why I hate drawn out angles like this....once an injury happens your screwed in many cases.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:18 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I also like that TNA is going to do another boot camp but this time in Australia...I like the idea of it as it definitely helps add to the popularity of this company overseas..

they are doing a lot of smart things right now, hopefully some of it pays off very soon for TNA.

Closed Thread