HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is anything possible with Carey Price in net?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

vCash: 500
Is anything possible with Carey Price in net?

In 2004 the hurricanes finished 11th in the conference. the next season(2006) they were champs.

With a goalie like Carey Price and everyone healthy..are we a darkhorse for the cup if we do get into the playoffs?

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:17 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

If our defence can stay healthy anything is possible with Price in net.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Monsieur

Carey Price is a beast.

Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

When healthy, we can roll three lines that can score, so we could emerge as a dark horse. Still, I want to see what this team does when they have to head out onto the road for a bit before getting to amped up.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Lets see what happens against a Top tier team like the bRuins first...

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Carey Price is definitely good enough to lead a team to a cup. Even one that is below average for a cup winner. Guy is a beast and he's been the best player on our team all year long. Hasn't had a bad game yet.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Habcentric

For us to challenge for the cup it has to be a whole set of circumstances going our way. No injuries, everyone working together, price playing out of his mind and of course a little luck. But like the magic run a few years ago with Halak in nets, anything is possible.

Habcentric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
OneSharpMarble

And theres the jinx, Price will get injured next game.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Carey Price is definitely good enough to lead a team to a cup. Even one that is below average for a cup winner. Guy is a beast and he's been the best player on our team all year long. Hasn't had a bad game yet.
Errr I beg to differ.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Errr I beg to differ.
I've read your posts... I get it, you hate the guy. Fact is he's consistently been our best player.

Old
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Lets see what happens against a Top tier team like the bRuins first...
Dont say that tooo loud................

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
TheBabysitter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Errr I beg to differ.
That was Budaj in net against Ottawa loss. Price has won 6 straight games.

TheBabysitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

Carey is getting better and better every game he is surprisingly becoming one of the best goalies in the league at only what, 24? Is he signed long term? He is the franchise.

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
habspinner

I heard yesterday during the game that he wasn't satisfied being named in the top 10 of goalies in the league - he want's to be the best goalie in the world. Apparently he's in the best shape of this life. He looks so quick and big in the net in this early part of the season. We'll see how this pans out going forward, but right now he's looking very much like he did in 2010-2011 season.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
In 2004 the hurricanes finished 11th in the conference. the next season(2006) they were champs.

With a goalie like Carey Price and everyone healthy..are we a darkhorse for the cup if we do get into the playoffs?
Possibly, but not until Gal turns into a 80+ point player. Next year I hope.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Nedved

best i've seen price play. making the right saves, at the right times which is something he couldn't seem to do.

if he keeps this up, he'll be in contention for the big v. hope he can continue this play but, i wish, he could stay up a bit more. he gives the top part of the net a lot. not sure why? he likes being on his knees a lot this year. I wish someone could explain why he's doing it. again, if he continues being able to do this, regardless of the oddness on staying on his knees, i'll have to let it slide after years and years of bashing thomas, the road hockey goalie.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Beendair Donedat

Habs are one more shutdown mean defenseman away from being real contenders in my opinion.... And maybe a Ryane Clowe type up front. Lots of balance all over this year...

If we could pick up Clowe and a nasty defenseman at the deadline, I think we'd do some serious damage.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
best i've seen price play. making the right saves, at the right times which is something he couldn't seem to do.

if he keeps this up, he'll be in contention for the big v. hope he can continue this play but, i wish, he could stay up a bit more. he gives the top part of the net a lot. not sure why? he likes being on his knees a lot this year. I wish someone could explain why he's doing it. again, if he continues being able to do this, regardless of the oddness on staying on his knees, i'll have to let it slide after years and years of bashing thomas, the road hockey goalie.
I made some similar observations in another thread. This hybrid butterfly style is obviously successful, but being off the skates reduces mobility from side to side and front to back. It seems to be all about positioning, and less about reflexes and athleticism.

As an observer I prefer the excitement of athleticism. As a fan, I prefer the puck stays out of the net...

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I heard yesterday during the game that he wasn't satisfied being named in the top 10 of goalies in the league - he want's to be the best goalie in the world. Apparently he's in the best shape of this life. He looks so quick and big in the net in this early part of the season. We'll see how this pans out going forward, but right now he's looking very much like he did in 2010-2011 season.
Are you saying he was in better shape in other lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Interesting comment coming from a tankologist. Wouldn't you want to give Price the best possible supporting cast now if he's good enough to give the team a chance to win now, instead of re-building for 4 or 5 years down the road?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post

Look at the Hurricanes squad that won the cup. Montreal isn't close to that level.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Interesting comment coming from a tankologist. Wouldn't you want to give Price the best possible supporting cast now if he's good enough to give the team a chance to win now, instead of re-building for 4 or 5 years down the road?
I've always believed in Carey Price.

I want to give our team the best possible chance at winning a cup. Yeah, I believe in rebuilding but not for the sake of it... it's a means to an end. As for surrounding him with the best team right NOW, that's less important to me than building a team that can win a cup in a few years from now.

If we can do it now though... great.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

as long as he is aware that he gives the upper part away, it can be like baiting it for a shot that he is anticipating shooters going high. and if he can be ready to react, then it's all good. but i find he goes through cycles. i've seen him, over the years go through decent stretches where he stays up and is having success, and times when he goes down and plays lower, sometimes with success, sometimes less.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Price has a structure in front of him this year, thats the biggest difference from last year, our guys are fighting hard togheter.. Price has always been an elite goaltender and now that he has a structured team battling in front of him, sky is the limit!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:58 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Habs are one more shutdown mean defenseman away from being real contenders in my opinion.... And maybe a Ryane Clowe type up front. Lots of balance all over this year...

If we could pick up Clowe and a nasty defenseman at the deadline, I think we'd do some serious damage.
but what would we have to give up for ryan clowe..and why would san jose ever trade him, they are obviously gonna be going for it again this year.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Price has a structure in front of him this year, thats the biggest difference from last year, our guys are fighting hard togheter.. Price has always been an elite goaltender and now that he has a structured team battling in front of him, sky is the limit!
It's more than that. In fact, I think that the improved defense is the biggest difference this year compared to last year. Markov being his old self has a tremendous impact, of course. However, both Diaz and Emelin were first year players last year and had never even played on the NA ice surface, let alone play against such high level of play. They're both so much better now.

Last edited by Fozz: 02-04-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote