HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Quebec City Part VII: Si J'avais les ailes d'un ange

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 07:49 PM
  #751
Shawa666
Registered User
 
Shawa666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Québec, Qc, Ca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
I think a giant Fleur de lis would be better. I think they look awesome. I like the one from Florence best, however using it would detract from the French significance.

I'd just sew a big patch like the one below on the front. Reminds me of Jousting for some reason.
Oh come on! First of all, read the filename of this pic. it's the coat of arms of Florence, Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Yeah, I do like the fleur-de-lis idea, too.



That logo is the one I still highlight as the best idea, imho. Sweater could use a bit more detail, but that's what I'd point at as a good future idea for a new Nordiques team. Especially with the old Nordqiues logo tucked in there (personally think mirroring it on the other side would make it perfect).
Nope, worse than the last jersey logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08 View Post
However, the coach and the GM must speak French, right?

What about the roster? Do you think the Quebec City hockey fanbase will embrace the vast majority of non-Francophone speakers?

If not? What can be done?
We're not Montreal, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
I can see a French speaking coach, GM not so much, player even less so. How often does the GM speak publicly (other than Burke) just have a translator.
We don't care. As long as he's good and he's willing to try to learn french it's ok with us.

Shawa666 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
  #752
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
The 1992-1993 season, what a fun season!!


Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 08:09 PM
  #753
GF
Registered User
 
GF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Marc Crawford wasn't a francophone and coached the Nordiques.

GF is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:08 AM
  #754
Hal1971
Registered User
 
Hal1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08 View Post
Ok. fair enough. What about the captain to speak French?

Just like the pro-separatist lawyer, Guy Bertrand, criticized the former Canadiens' captain, Saku Koivu, who unable to speak fluent French.
Here's a liste of captains

Includes WHA captains

Jean-Guy Gendron, 1972–74
Michel Parizeau, 1974–76
Marc Tardif, 1976–81
Robbie Ftorek, 1981
Andre Dupont, 1981–82
Mario Marois, 1983–85

Peter Stastny, 1985–90
Steven Finn & Joe Sakic 1990–91
(co-captains)
Mike Hough 1991–92 (did not speak french)
Joe Sakic 1992–95 (did not speak french)

So no probs with English C

Hal1971 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  #755
Hal1971
Registered User
 
Hal1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
I dont know if this one as been posted, but I really like this redesign, same logo, same color, but more modern...


Hal1971 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
  #756
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,809
vCash: 50
Get rid of the fleur-de-lys on the arm and replace them by white stripes and it would be perfect.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  #757
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Get rid of the fleur-de-lys on the arm and replace them by white stripes and it would be perfect.
The fleur de Lys stays. I would not mind having them red

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 01:02 PM
  #758
DyerMaker66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Get rid of the fleur-de-lys on the arm and replace them by white stripes and it would be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The fleur de Lys stays. I would not mind having them red
Put them in red on the shoulders, but I agree that the jersey needs white stripes, preferably around the elbow.

DyerMaker66 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 02:01 PM
  #759
CorbeauNoir
Registered User
 
CorbeauNoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Would the EDGE templates even allow for something like that on the sleeves? In any case I think having something that elaborate would be a little bit too visually distracting, it sort of pulls the eye away from the primary logo.

CorbeauNoir is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:16 PM
  #760
Shawa666
Registered User
 
Shawa666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Québec, Qc, Ca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
Would the EDGE templates even allow for something like that on the sleeves? In any case I think having something that elaborate would be a little bit too visually distracting, it sort of pulls the eye away from the primary logo.
Who cares about what Reebok/Nike says.

Shawa666 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:30 PM
  #761
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan
 
QcBlizzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saguenay, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawa666 View Post
Who cares about what Reebok/Nike says.
The edge template is mandatory, but they can make some ajustments.

Get ready for a new logo. Those guys want to $$$$ell jerseys.

IMHO, no question the 1994 blue will be the third.

QcBlizzard is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
  #762
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
Marc Crawford wasn't a francophone and coached the Nordiques.
he did all his pre game/post game interviews in french, No way tippett can do the same

GordonGraham is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
  #763
CorbeauNoir
Registered User
 
CorbeauNoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawa666 View Post
Who cares about what Reebok/Nike says.
Considering they're the ones with the templates and the manufacturing facilities, I would imagine what they say matters a lot.

CorbeauNoir is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:28 PM
  #764
GF
Registered User
 
GF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
he did all his pre game/post game interviews in french, No way tippett can do the same
He did learn french during the summer. I think he had a personnal teacher. Like all languages, it can be learn if someone puts the effort. I don't think he would lose his job because of that unless he really doesn't want to learn. I could be wrong, but Quebec city is not like Montreal in this regards.

GF is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:34 PM
  #765
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal1971 View Post
I dont know if this one as been posted, but I really like this redesign, same logo, same color, but more modern...

Very sharp.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:43 AM
  #766
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08 View Post
However, the coach and the GM must speak French, right?

What about the roster? Do you think the Quebec City hockey fanbase will embrace the vast majority of non-Francophone speakers?

If not? What can be done?
From history, it would be less a problem if the players are not french than if the GM and coach are not. The Nords' biggest stars were Petr Stastny and Dale Hunter. But there is no doubt that the Nords under Quebecor will use the current Habs model as far GM/Coach.

Kimota is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
  #767
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan
 
QcBlizzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saguenay, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
From history, it would be less a problem if the players are not french than if the GM and coach are not. The Nords' biggest stars were Petr Stastny and Dale Hunter. But there is no doubt that the Nords under Quebecor will use the current Habs model as far GM/Coach.
Well

Here's the 94-95 Nordiques lineup (with their stats ;-)

19 Joe Sakic 1969-07-07 25 C 47 19 43 62 30 7 6 4 1 5 0
21 Peter Forsberg 1973-07-20 21 C 47 15 35 50 16 17 6 2 4 6 4
11 Owen Nolan 1972-02-12 22 R 46 30 19 49 46 21 6 2 3 5 6
48 Scott Young 1967-10-01 26 R 48 18 21 39 14 9 6 3 3 6 2
9 Mike Ricci 1971-10-27 22 C 48 15 21 36 40 5 6 1 3 4 8
17 Wendel Clark 1966-10-25 27 L 37 12 18 30 45 -1 6 1 2 3 6
13 Valeri Kamensky 1966-04-18 28 L 40 10 20 30 22 3 2 1 0 1 0
28 Bob Bassen 1965-05-06 29 C 47 12 15 27 33 14 5 2 4 6 0
51 Andrei Kovalenko 1970-06-07 24 R 45 14 10 24 31 -4 6 0 1 1 2
4 Uwe Krupp 1965-06-24 29 D 44 6 17 23 20 14 5 0 2 2 2
18 Adam Deadmarsh 1975-05-10 19 R 48 9 8 17 56 16 6 0 1 1 0
7 Curtis Leschyshyn 1969-09-21 24 D 44 2 13 15 20 29 3 0 1 1 4
2 Sylvain Lefebvre 1967-10-14 26 D 48 2 11 13 17 13 6 0 2 2 2
47 Claude Lapointe
1968-10-11 25 C 29 4 8 12 41 5 5 0 0 0 8
12 Chris Simon 1972-01-30 22 L 29 3 9 12 106 14 6 1 1 2 19
25 Martin Rucinsky 1971-03-11 23 L 20 3 6 9 14 5 -- -- -- -- --
6 Craig Wolanin 1967-07-27 27 D 40 3 6 9 40 12 6 1 1 2 4
52 Adam Foote 1971-07-10 23 D 35 0 7 7 52 17 6 0 1 1 14
23 Paul MacDermid 1963-04-14 31 R 14 3 1 4 22 3 3 0 0 0 2
15 Bill Huard From Ottawa 1967-06-24 27 L 7 2 2 4 13 2 1 0 0 0 0
14 Dwayne Norris 1970-01-08 24 R 13 1 2 3 2 1 -- -- -- -- --
5 Alexei Gusarov 1964-07-08 30 D 14 1 2 3 6 -1 -- -- -- -- --
20 Rene Corbet 1973-06-25 21 L 8 0 3 3 2 3 2 0 1 1 0
31 Aaron Miller 1971-08-11 23 D 9 0 3 3 6 2 -- -- -- -- --
22 Janne Laukkanen 1970-03-19 24 D 11 0 3 3 4 3 6 1 0 1 2
35 Stephane Fiset 1970-06-17 24 G 32 0 3 3 2 0 4 0 0 0 0
29 Steven Finn
1966-08-20 28 D 40 0 3 3 64 1 4 0 1 1 2
24 Jon Klemm 1970-01-08 24 D 4 1 0 1 2 3 -- -- -- -- --
Dave Karpa To Anaheim 1971-05-07 23 D 2 0 0 0 0 -1 -- -- -- -- --
1 Garth Snow 1969-07-28 25 G 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
41 Jocelyn Thibault 1975-01-12 19 G 18 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0
Bench 48 0 0 0 4 0 -- -- -- -- --
Totals 185 309 494 770
Goalies
Player Name GP Min GA GAA W L T Svs Pct EN SO
Jocelyn Thibault 18 898 35 2.34 12 2 2 388 0.917 0 1
Stephane Fiset
32 1879 87 2.78 17 10 3 881 0.91 1 2
Garth Snow


The vast majority did not speak french at all. It highlighted in blue those who spoke french, at least to my knowledge.

The same can be said for the current MTL lineup.

QcBlizzard is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
  #768
powerstuck
User Registered
 
powerstuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Palestine
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
Considering they're the ones with the templates and the manufacturing facilities, I would imagine what they say matters a lot.
Chances are, even if they put a black, yellow, magenta, green, violet, pink,... colored jerseys, the arena is going to be full of the powderblue old Nordique jerseys.

People haven't got rid of. I don't know how it was for Jets when the announced team was done, but here, shops call in old Nordique gear stocks everytime a positive news come.

powerstuck is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
  #769
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 500
Any update on the arena (pictures etc.)

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:04 PM
  #770
powerstuck
User Registered
 
powerstuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Palestine
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Any update on the arena (pictures etc.)
No new renderings (pictures).

There is always the 24hours/7days three webcams of the construction site.

http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/webcam..._ensemble.aspx

powerstuck is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
  #771
JB52
Registered User
 
JB52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QcBlizzard View Post


The vast majority did not speak french at all. It highlighted in blue those who spoke french, at least to my knowledge.

The same can be said for the current MTL lineup.
Yeah, but if you remember correctly, there was already some people complaining about it at that time. Maybe not in 94 because we finished first, but in the tougher years, there was always someone to say that the nordiques should have drafted more Quebecers, that they were the only ones who really play with hart for the club, that it was easy for some to spend the summer in Burnaby, B.C. while true Quebecers had to face the fans at the supermarket.

If the Nordique come back, i would surely like to see more than three Quebecers, Not because they speak french, but because I feel like the LHJMQ is under scouted.

JB52 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
  #772
DJ Omnimaga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Québec City area
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
The reason why the Q is under-scouted is because it's a very offensive league with questionable defense, and most NHL teams now tend to go more towards a defensive style of play (such as the trap).

Also the Nordiques will try to get French-speaking players not because of Quebec language issues, but just so that Habs won't get them. Each team will try to have more French than the other to represent the province.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Any update on the arena (pictures etc.)
Digging continues whenever it's not too cold, then in March or beginning of Spring, from what I remember, they're supposed to start building the foundations and its "ground support", then in August we're supposed to start seeing the structure coming out of the ground. Of course this is only from memory, though, and I do not know if they're still a few weeks ahead of schedule like I heard a few months ago.


Last edited by DJ Omnimaga: 02-05-2013 at 04:25 PM.
DJ Omnimaga is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
  #773
powerstuck
User Registered
 
powerstuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Palestine
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB52 View Post
Yeah, but if you remember correctly, there was already some people complaining about it at that time. Maybe not in 94 because we finished first, but in the tougher years, there was always someone to say that the nordiques should have drafted more Quebecers, that they were the only ones who really play with hart for the club, that it was easy for some to spend the summer in Burnaby, B.C. while true Quebecers had to face the fans at the supermarket.

If the Nordique come back, i would surely like to see more than three Quebecers, Not because they speak french, but because I feel like the LHJMQ is under scouted.
I will just leave this here :

Quote:
Year,Round, Pick, NHL Team, Player name, LHJMQ Team
  1. 2012 1 12 Buffalo Grigorenko, Mikhail Québec Remparts
  2. 2012 2 46 Minnesota Bussières, Raphaël Baie-Comeau Drakkar
  3. 2012 2 48 Chicago Fournier, Dillon Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
  4. 2012 2 49 Detroit Frk, Martin Halifax Mooseheads
  5. 2012 2 57 Vancouver Mallet, Alexandre Rimouski Océanic
  6. 2012 3 88 Phoenix Melindy, James Moncton Wildcats
  7. 2012 4 101 Tampa Bay Paquette, Cédric Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
  8. 2012 4 103 NY Islanders Leduc, Loïc Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
  9. 2012 4 108 Anaheim O'Brien, Andrew Chicoutimi Saguenéens
  10. 2012 4 109 San Jose Lalancette, Christophe Acadie-Bathurst Titan
  11. 2012 5 122 Montréal Hudon, Charles Chicoutimi Saguenéens
  12. 2012 5 124 Calgary Culkin, Ryan Québec Remparts
  13. 2012 5 146 St-Louis Tremblay, François Val-d'Or Foreurs
  14. 2012 6 166 Ottawa Brassard, François Québec Remparts
  15. 2012 6 171 Los Angeles Hyka, Tomas Gatineau Olympiques
  16. 2012 6 173 Pittsburgh Zlobin, Anton Shawinigan Cataractes
  17. 2012 6 174 Floride Beauvillier, Francis Rimouski Océanic
  18. 2012 7 191 Chicago Whitney, Brandon Victoriaville Tigres
  19. 2012 7 208 Phoenix Haché, Justin Shawinigan Cataractes
Out of 19 picks, 12 were born in Quebec.

powerstuck is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
  #774
JB52
Registered User
 
JB52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
And, what’s your point?

I was thinking more like David Deharnais or Jonathan Audy-Marchessault. They weren’t drafted at all, you know. Even if they end up in the AHL, I hope the new Nordiques will take chance on those kinds of player, because they do speak French and it's free. I’m not talking about first round pick, but you know, training camp invitation.

JB52 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
  #775
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
I will just leave this here :



Out of 19 picks, 12 were born in Quebec.
wow, out of 208 only 19 were from Quebec? That is a pretty poor representation

GordonGecko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.