HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
  #676
LeftCoast
Registered User
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 50
With the compressed schedule the team is not really practicing, so even when they say he is taking full contact practice - it's basically against the press box gang.

LeftCoast is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
  #677
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,708
vCash: 50
https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/s...29525177466881
Quote:
Ryan Kesler skating with #canucks at Rogers Arena.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
  #678
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,850
vCash: 500

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
  #679
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,708
vCash: 50


https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/s...33017677930497
Quote:
Booth+Kesler were both on ice before practice "@jloutet79: Has to be a good sign. Getting him back would be huge. Is Booth skating as well?"

Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #680
Lord of Light
R + L = Lightbringer
 
Lord of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 500
Nope, I say keep them shelved until they're overly ripe

Lord of Light is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:50 PM
  #681
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,277
vCash: 500
Definitively surprised to see Booth on the ice this early, I thought it would take an extra 1-2 weeks for him to go back to skating.

VinnyC is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
  #682
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,708
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Nope, I say keep them shelved until they're overly ripe
Don't worry, he's not playing yet.

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/s...45112393916416
Quote:
Kesler will travel with #canucks Says he still has a ways to go but feels comfortable and was excited to skate w/team.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
  #683
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
i don't want him rushing back like last year, he needs to be as healthy as possible. the team seems to be doing alright with out him and its the regular season so who gives a ****

VeteranNetPresence is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
  #684
Lord of Light
R + L = Lightbringer
 
Lord of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 500
Would rather see this team learning how to cope without Kesler and Booth

When they are ready to come back it's like getting two huge additions that addresses some of our problems for free

Lord of Light is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
  #685
Elbows of Bure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Nope, I say keep them shelved until they're overly ripe
I agree, especially Kesler. Booth, I feel should get in as soon as his groin can handle it, just so he can get up to speed (in terms of knowing where to go on the ice/scoring). Kesler though, should be conditioning, conditioning, conditioning; I don't want him to have to have another surgery or two again this post-post-season.

Elbows of Bure is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 02:04 PM
  #686
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Nope, I say keep them shelved until they're overly ripe
At least don't have them back with the team for another 5 weeks.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 02:49 PM
  #687
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 50
Glad to see Kesler's skating with the team again, but he better not step foot on the ice in a game again until he's 100%. He means too much to us for him to be ineffective in the playoffs.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  #688
mriswith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Nope, I say keep them shelved until they're overly ripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure View Post
I agree, especially Kesler. Booth, I feel should get in as soon as his groin can handle it, just so he can get up to speed (in terms of knowing where to go on the ice/scoring). Kesler though, should be conditioning, conditioning, conditioning; I don't want him to have to have another surgery or two again this post-post-season.
This. Kesler better stay out until there is no question that he is 100%. I'd rather play the entire season without him, including the playoffs, than have him come back too early again, play at 60% and need another surgery in the offseason.

mriswith is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  #689
jimmythescot
Registered User
 
jimmythescot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500


But we're ticking along okay at the minute. As you guys have said; it would be better if they Kesler was definitely 100% ready before he plays. No more rushing back.

jimmythescot is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 05:05 PM
  #690
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Would rather see this team learning how to cope without Kesler and Booth

When they are ready to come back it's like getting two huge additions that addresses some of our problems for free
Yeah, this. If we can learn to cope without them, especially Kes, then I'd even be fine with holding him out for most of the season if it means he's 100% for the playoffs.

vanuck is online now  
Old
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
  #691
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.
 
The Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Centre Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,692
vCash: 500
Just wait, he'll have a groin injury within his first game knowing our luck...

The Bob Cole is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM
  #692
Lundface*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stovepipe Cup View Post
Just wait, he'll have a groin injury within his first game knowing our luck...
Yeah I fully expect him to be injured again come playoffs no matter when he comes back. Has there ever been a season wheres he's healthy come playoff time?

Lundface* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:43 PM
  #693
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Yeah I fully expect him to be injured again come playoffs no matter when he comes back. Has there ever been a season wheres he's healthy come playoff time?
2011


aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:49 PM
  #694
Lundface*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
2011

He was healthy for a part of it. But he was injured before we got to the final, when it mattered of course. Nothing against the guy, but it would be nice if luck was on our side for once

Lundface* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 08:37 PM
  #695
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
He was healthy for a part of it. But he was injured before we got to the final, when it mattered of course. Nothing against the guy, but it would be nice if luck was on our side for once
Game 5 near breakaway. When I saw him pull up on that play against SJ, I was terrified. Let's not forget SJ then took the puck down the ice the other way and immediately scored.

We could've survived losing Sammy. We could've survived losing Manny. But Kesler injuring himself there was the beginning of the end. Hamhuis was the nail in the coffin. Hank/Raymond/Rome/Ehrhoff/Edler/Higgins were the pallbearers.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
  #696
Lundface*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Game 5 near breakaway. When I saw him pull up on that play against SJ, I was terrified. Let's not forget SJ then took the puck down the ice the other way and immediately scored.

We could've survived losing Sammy. We could've survived losing Manny. But Kesler injuring himself there was the beginning of the end. Hamhuis was the nail in the coffin. Hank/Raymond/Rome/Ehrhoff/Edler/Higgins were the pallbearers.
Losing Hamhuis lead to our demise. We were able to do well enough with everyone else injured or out, but as soon as we lost him it changed. Also that Rome hit turned everything around as well. After that 5 minute pp the flood gates opened.

Its disgusting to think how many guys we had injured. Then to see how untouched the Kings were just made it that much worse

Lundface* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
  #697
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Losing Hamhuis lead to our demise. We were able to do well enough with everyone else injured or out, but as soon as we lost him it changed. Also that Rome hit turned everything around as well. After that 5 minute pp the flood gates opened.

Its disgusting to think how many guys we had injured. Then to see how untouched the Kings were just made it that much worse
Not only untouched but they got to play the Nucks without Daniel, the Blues without Halak, Phoenix as...well, they were pretty healthy except no Torres (not missing much), and then the Devils with a herniated-disc Kovalchuk. One day we'll get crazy fortunate matchups. It's bound to happen eventually.

We can only match up against Norris defenders and Vezina nominees so many times in a row, lol.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
  #698
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Well the Kings played 14 games before the Finals and 20 after it. We played 18 before and 25 after.

I don't know how many times I've said, if you want to limit injuries and fatigue in the playoffs finish your series when you have the chance. Canucks couldn't (3-6 in elimination games) Kings did a little better (4-4) but it didn't hurt going up 3-0 in every single series.

If you want to win a Cup on the West Coast you are going to have to do it like LA (16-4) or Anaheim (16-5) did it, and not like Boston did it (16-9) or Carolina did it (same record).

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:39 PM
  #699
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,545
vCash: 53
Great news. We need our heart and soul.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 12:21 AM
  #700
luongo321
Registered User
 
luongo321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,838
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Well the Kings played 14 games before the Finals and 20 after it. We played 18 before and 25 after.

I don't know how many times I've said, if you want to limit injuries and fatigue in the playoffs finish your series when you have the chance. Canucks couldn't (3-6 in elimination games) Kings did a little better (4-4) but it didn't hurt going up 3-0 in every single series.

If you want to win a Cup on the West Coast you are going to have to do it like LA (16-4) or Anaheim (16-5) did it, and not like Boston did it (16-9) or Carolina did it (same record).
I think that Chicago series emotionally drained our team. I mean, even I felt drained from it and that was just from watching it. The 2nd series was so damn boring. I wasn't into it at all, besides Kesler going beast mode. Emotion takes a lot out of a team. It's too bad we couldn't have finished that in 4.

luongo321 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.