Notices

Seguin

Old
02-03-2013, 04:04 PM
reffree

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I actually completely disagree with this sentiment. Granted I too am not happy with him trying to deke out defenders all the time when it doesn't work but at least once, sometimes two or three times a game he sets up his line mates perfectly with 'Savard-ian' type passes and his chances are perfect examples of being snake-bit. Like last night's shot off the knob of Reimer's stick. Literally a half of an inch in all these plays (or a bit more finish from Bergy and Marchy) and we'd all be praising the **** out of him.. I still think he's right there at the door knocking.

I think it's an insult to compare his board work and physical play to Kessel's. The kid has shown more than once that he's willing to take some abuse in front of the net to give his line mates some space. A perfect example of that was Marchand's goal the other night where he was fighting off 2 defenders and screening Miller. I'm not saying he's Lucic out there but he absolutely gets more involved along the boards than not. I'm also not saying he couldn't use some more work in this area, it's clear that he still has to get the Swiss out of his game in this aspect.

I don't know.. even without his scoring I think he's doing mostly the right things. He'll certainly have his brainfarts where he tries to pass to Marchand who has 3 defenders draped all over him or bail out on a hit.. But mostly I like what I'm seeing. We're all just frustrated because the puck isn't going in for him. And that's natural. We'd probably be a lot more forgiving of his shortcomings had he buried 5 or 6 of his 10+ chances, haha.

At this point the disappointment his snowballing I think. Everyone in the GDT is now at the point where we get 10+ posts in a row of how bad Seguin is if he doesn't pivot at the right angle.

I try and look at it in another light.. without our most talented forward producing, the Bruins are still winning games.. so once he gets going, it's going to be very tough beating the Bruins Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later
Maybe he's not on Kessel level, but he's farther away from say Krejci and Peverley than he is from Kessel. He's by far the Bruins who's less willing to fight for a loose puck or for position. He's a tremendous player, he's got all potential in the world and I really like him as a player (in fact I love every "old" Bruins on this team). Like Kessel, he can backchek hard, he can pick pocket oppinsing players, but when he need to physically fight he dosen't. He's a little bit better than Kessel in that aspect cause Kessel never go in traffic, Seguin often goes, but when he's there he's a passenger. Let's just say that is win/loose ratio fighting for the puck in the corner is below 50%, way below.

It's his third year in the league, he can improve a lot of thing on his game on when to do things. I just don't think he'll ever be more than a mediocre boards guy.

Something Kessel did and Seguin does too, coming into the o-zone with speed one on one with a D. Like Kessel he'll always shoot or try to deke the dman. Like Kessel, when there's an opening to just pass with speed to the outside and cut to the net, he'll never do it. I liked Kessel when he was a Bruins, for all his bad, he brings something nobody could. I love Seguin too, and like Kessel he's bringing something no others can, but like Kessel he's totaly affraid of physical contact. I don't see why people try to make excuses for him.

reffree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
i know our first line has been dynamite through the early stages of this season.
i really would like to see horton and seguin swapped between the first two lines for at least a little bit.

Lucic and Seguin really had their moments last year, you give them another chance to get that magic going. Horton has been a beast this year by the way, he should help bergy and marchy keep it going without setting them back.

but once seguin gets going again, im good with our lines as they are. just gota try more to give seguin different looks. at least he is contributing in the shootout, helping the B's bank valuable points.
I wouldn't really have a problem with a line shake up to keep things fresh. It might not be the worst thing. Especially considering we've got Buafflo quite a bit coming up.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Afam*

Everyone here knows Tyler seguin is by favorite player but im not going too hold back any criticisms of him. The problem with seguin, is that he trying too go one vs three, four most of time. Certain down kid, We know you got the speed, we have been watching highlights of you in the Whalers.

It is Almost like he ha regressed as a player a Bit. He might need too sit out a game in the press box and watch and see what he is doing wrong. His skating is there, but he needs too win more one one battles and when he gets the chances too score a goal, don't grip the stick too tight. Finish with poise. Seguin has improved in faceoffs, but he needs to work at other facets of the game. I don't know where he thinks he has made it. False, you can still be sent back down to the AHL

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
There's nothing wrong with Seguin that driving to the net wont fix. Do what Bourque did last night. If you take a little beating so be it. Get to the post and hold your ground. Goals will come.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Everyone here knows Tyler seguin is by favorite player but im not going too hold back any criticisms of him. The problem with seguin, is that he trying too go one vs three, four most of time. Certain down kid, We know you got the speed, we have been watching highlights of you in the Whalers.

It is Almost like he ha regressed as a player a Bit. He might need too sit out a game in the press box and watch and see what he is doing wrong. His skating is there, but he needs too win more one one battles and when he gets the chances too score a goal, don't grip the stick too tight. Finish with poise. Seguin has improved in faceoffs, but he needs to work at other facets of the game. I don't know where he thinks he has made it. False, you can still be sent back down to the AHL
No, he can't.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
No, he can't.
Why cant he be sent down too the Ahl. You have too be 19 or 20 i believe.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Afam*

What would be the correct definition of gripping your stick too tight?

Old
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Dicky113

He brings nothing when he ain't scoring and he ain't scoring. I have never been convinced, too one dimentional and overated for me. I look to move him as crazy as it sounds I we can get fair market value. It worked out well in the Kessel deal (big believer in Hamilton).

Spare me the overreaction, only on hfboards crap, I have felt the same since he got drafted, was just hoping I was wrong.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
okay, so in your opinion, what would be fair value for seguin

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
He's played too many games and would have to clear waivers, leaving him open to 29 teams looking for a 21 year old forward with elite offensive skills

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
For the same reason why he played in Switzerland instead of the AHL during the lockout - he'd have to pass through waivers. A player Seguin's age (20) with 160 games played in the NHL has to be subjected to waivers before being sent to the minors. Seguin gets placed on waivers he'd be grabbed in an instant.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-regular-waivers-work

Last edited by TP: 02-04-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: mod
Old
02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
He brings nothing when he ain't scoring and he ain't scoring. I have never been convinced, too one dimentional and overated for me. I look to move him as crazy as it sounds I we can get fair market value. It worked out well in the Kessel deal (big believer in Hamilton).

Spare me the overreaction, only on hfboards crap, I have felt the same since he got drafted, was just hoping I was wrong.
Well, thank God the Bruins F.O., coaches and players disagree with you.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post
okay, so in your opinion, what would be fair value for seguin
John Scott. He's a game changer!

Spoked-B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:13 PM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

i'm serious

you aren't going to get karlsson; bobby ryan would probably be seen on this board as an underpayment

what's fair value

Old
02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
i'm serious

you aren't going to get karlsson; bobby ryan would probably be seen on this board as an underpayment

what's fair value
Evander Kane and a pick / prospect maybe

Old
02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Mainehockey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked-B View Post
John Scott. He's a game changer!
When he isn't scoring at least he's fighting which would be more then Seguin does!

Let's not criticize Bergeron though because he's a defensive god.

Maybe we can get a Chris Kelly type for Seguin.

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Evander Kane and a pick / prospect maybe
that's.... actually not bad

Old
02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
I have faith in Seguin and still think he'll be an 80 point two way game breaker at his peak but hypothetically if he struggled and ended up looking like he just isn't a fit with Boston, getting EK back with a promising prospect or decent pick in a deep draft wouldn't be awful..which typically means it will end up being good for both sides

Old
02-03-2013, 10:42 PM
patty59

Quote:
It actually is bad. Evander Kane is overrated, not sure why, probably because he knocked out Matt Cooke.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:28 PM
TCL40

I can just imagine the feeding frenzy if Seguin were to be put on waivers to go to the AHL.

I still think Seguin's time in Europe reinforced his bad habits. He is trying to force things now, and I think that leads to more mistakes.

He has the talent, it will come.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:37 PM
EvilElf63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I have been underwhelmed this season. I think his stint in Europe reinforced his weaknesses.
Not to mention his idea that defensemen are traffic cones, and goalies are immobile stiffs.

EvilElf63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
i'm serious

what's fair value
Seguin + for Malkin

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:46 AM
TheSeguinEra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post

I think you are wrong. You see inconsistency in young scorers in the league today. When he gets going he will be scoring left and right. The kid is going to be great its just gonna take some time.

TheSeguinEra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:13 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Ha Ha. What's your Trick. Skipping Posts?. Plus i am going to start using the ignore button as my best friend Don't have time. for people trying to teach other posters the English Language.
Yeah, I agree with all your sentiments here about Seguin. Its a shame that people are ******** for whatever reason and want to point out some gramatical mistakes. Look its 2013 folks lots of people type like they talk on a chatroom and furthermore might be posting from a smartphone which will further make grammatical mistakes more common. I'm with you Afam you don't come here to get that kind of **** and shouldn't put up with it. Of course the person going after you notoriously likes to bully others when the opportunity arises. Its one thing to go after hockey opinions if you disagree but that other stuff is just dumb and I don't wanna read it.

I think Seguin had the misfortune to not only lead the team in scoring before he was developed, but he also went to Europe and dominated. And therefore he thinks he is a star already. The truth is he is somewhat soft, somewhat lazy compared to his teammates, and he doesn't do the little things a guy like Bergeron does.

Very talented but despite the talent there is a fine line between being a superstar and an underacheiver.

Look how much better Krejci is this year now he is fully healthy and isn't having morons drop plexiglass on him. Last year he wasn't 100% and people got frustrated with him even though he is a great player. He's been our best one so far.

I wish Seguin didn't lead us in scoring last year and could be sent a message that playing soft like Kessel won't be tolerated. And I wish he had been able to play in Providence this fall since dominating Switzerland wasn't good for him (unless he wants to go be a star in the KHL.)

Last edited by TP: 02-04-2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: mod
MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:17 AM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

It's absolutely ridiculous that people still consider anything Kevin Paul DuPont has to say relevant.

He's a grade A ****-stirrer, and hasn't had a fresh, or interesting article about the Bruins since pre-Joe Thornton.

TSC* is offline   Reply With Quote