HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curiosity: For NYR to get Pronger

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2006, 10:19 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
You must have not read my post then.

I said THE CLOSEST you're going to get, if you're not going to get Bouwmeester and Horton would be Tyutin and Immonen, and that's IF Maloney is willing to give up youth for Pronger, which I don't think he will.

The reason I say that, is that any of the teams that would be interested weren't, as they signed UFA's instead of giving up any talent. The Rangers would be doing Edmonton a favor by giving up any young talent for Pronger, and since it's Kevin Lowe, and his connection with Sather, and the Rangers in general, we'd get Pronger for even cheaper than that probably.

If Maloney offered that for Pronger, Lowe would be a foot to not take it while he can. Because in a week or two, the market's going to be all dried up, and no one's going to want to give up any youth for him. Then, you have to worry about the cap.

I'm sure people will be interested in Pronger, but the longer he stays on the open market, the less his value becomes.
A foot? Nah, maybe just a big toe.

Old
07-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie View Post
I really don't see how hard it is to grasp that trading for Pronger would not just be a move for "next year". Pronger is signed for the next 3 (4?) years at what is now considered a bargain price for one of the two or three best defensemen in the league.
Well part of the price is the money in his contract part is the players you send back.

If in fact Lowe asked for Prucha and Staal... I say no

Plus Pronger has to WANT to be here.

Old
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Levitate

well, one of the bloggers on hockeybuzz is reporting that Pronger is going to Anahiem and it will be announced soon. With Lupol as part of the deal...

Old
07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
A foot? Nah, maybe just a big toe.
Sgt. Hulka? Is that you?

Closed Thread