HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Will Comrie have to Pay to Play?

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Copper&Blue4Life

vCash: 500
Will Comrie have to Pay to Play?

I am sitting here in my lonely dorm room thinking to myself. If this deal was between Edmonton and lets say NYI, would Mike Comrie have to pay 2.5 million. I am sure he would have to pay a little bit, but deep down i think this probably just a way of ensuring that Mike will not be traded to a Western Conference team. If the Islanders offered one of there great defense products and a first rounder, i am sure that Lowe would grab that offer, without the 2.5 million. I think this may be just another of Lowes ploys of making sure the Oilers win this situation. Let me know what you think.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
I am sitting here in my lonely dorm room thinking to myself. If this deal was between Edmonton and lets say NYI, would Mike Comrie have to pay 2.5 million. I am sure he would have to pay a little bit, but deep down i think this probably just a way of ensuring that Mike will not be traded to a Western Conference team. If the Islanders offered one of there great defense products and a first rounder, i am sure that Lowe would grab that offer, without the 2.5 million. I think this may be just another of Lowes ploys of making sure the Oilers win this situation. Let me know what you think.
Lowe has already stated that the asking of money from Comrie was a situational manoevre and was only for the Anaheim deal.. he didn't feel he was getting back fair market value and thus he required a bit of money to help even out the trade. I highly doubt that Comrie will have to pay when he is eventually traded.. I'm hoping he'll back down further and finally come out and say he's willing to play anywhere. That would likely speed up the trade process a lot and make it easier for Comrie and the Oilers to move on..

Old
12-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
Would you trade your best centerman to a team that was tied with you in the standing and who you'll be fighting with for a playoff spot and not get a roster player back?

Murray and Comrie must have been smoking crack to think it would have been that easy...

Old
12-16-2003, 06:59 AM
LawnDemon

i think it was a good move by lowe. maybe now whiny mike will concede to go wherever the oilers feel like sending him? considering it will likely save him 2.5 mil if he's not an "i-want-to-pick-my-team" jackass.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i think it was a good move by lowe. maybe now whiny mike will concede to go wherever the oilers feel like sending him? considering it will likely save him 2.5 mil if he's not an "i-want-to-pick-my-team" jackass.
Agreed, it's Comrie's decision now: pay $2.5 million to play in Duckland, or pay less for a location not as desirable. There are a range of choices between a) pay $2.5 million, and b) pay nothing, and this expanded range of options will permit Lowe to recoup something closer to fair value for Comrie's rights.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:38 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
this must be the most expensive ticket to visit Disney!

Closed Thread