Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
If we wind up with NoDak looking sweaters I am going to poke my eyes out.

I would rather have Gulutzen scratch Loui Eriksson and play Robidas the entire game.
Not a fan of the Sioux brah?

Old
02-03-2013, 06:17 PM
99wasthebest

vCash: 500
If Gulutzan is still coaching us next year (God forbid), they might as well use this logo.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:53 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Been following this for a while now, came across this on icethetics and figured you guys over here would be interested.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013...-concepts.html

Interested in your thoughts.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Go back a page.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
You're pretty late to the party...

Old
02-03-2013, 10:02 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

To be fair, it's on the first page so it's not surprising he missed it. However the pics we saw several days ago weren't listed as primary and secondary. Although, I think we all assumed the D was probably primary.

I wonder if the team told the company's submitting logs that they wanted to go with a D as primary and Texas or secondary or if they just told the companies to surprise them.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
To be fair, it's on the first page so it's not surprising he missed it. However the pics we saw several days ago weren't listed as primary and secondary. Although, I think we all assumed the D was probably primary.

I wonder if the team told the company's submitting logs that they wanted to go with a D as primary and Texas or secondary or if they just told the companies to surprise them.
the image files are actually listed as primary and secondary

Old
02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Go back a page.
I did. It's not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
You're pretty late to the party...
My sincerest apologies. I just saw it today on icethetics and their twitter feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post

I didn't see it on the first page. Thank you for your understanding. The primary and secondary was how it was shown on icethetics.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Not a fan of the Sioux brah?
Nope. It would be a strange kind of symmetry to have the college sweater of Wisconsin which resembles the hated Red Wings, and a pro sweater that resembles the hated Sioux.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Nope. It would be a strange kind of symmetry to have the college sweater of Wisconsin which resembles the hated Red Wings, and a pro sweater that resembles the hated Sioux.
Sioux for life!

Old
02-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Been following this for a while now, came across this on icethetics and figured you guys over here would be interested.

Interested in your thoughts.
The "D" is horrible, but I have to admit I do like the state outline.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:33 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Something just came to mind when looking at those logos by TORCH Creative. The green they used may be the green the Stars will be using for the rebrand. I mean when they are presenting logos to the team you'd think the team would provide them with the colors to use no?

Old
02-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

vCash: 869
These have probably been posted on this board before, but for those who haven't seen them; unused North Stars jerseys...

Old
02-04-2013, 01:38 AM
ColeJ

hehehe. nice to see people actually enjoyed my uniform history project at the other 6 seconds (and ccslc)

Old
02-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post
hehehe. nice to see people actually enjoyed my uniform history project at the other 6 seconds (and ccslc)
Yep.
Thats where I found them.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:39 AM
ColeJ

if you're interested in the entire project, rejected uniforms and all, they're still up on my old blog. even though i stopped writing it years ago.

http://theother6seconds.blogspot.com...y-project.html

Old
02-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

Quote:
if you're interested in the entire project, rejected uniforms and all, they're still up on my old blog. even though i stopped writing it years ago.

http://theother6seconds.blogspot.com...y-project.html
Thats really interesting.
Glad to know someone is out there keeping up with things like that.

Since you seem to know a thing or two about Stars history, I figure i'll ask this.
I hate the way the Stars modernized their banners.
I usually hate banner-modernization period, but I especially hate the way they did theirs.

So my question is, where are the North Stars/Pre-modernization Stars banners?
Xcel?
Packed away somewhere in the AAC?
What about the Barons & Golden Seals?
Did they ever have anything to put up a banner about?
If so, where are they now?

Old
02-04-2013, 04:25 AM
ColeJ

i wish i knew where they were. my guess is that they were left up in minnesota.

if you remember when the stars retired broten's 7, it was at reunion arena, with a dallas stars logo on it. it was a full-sized banner just for him, and we hadn't put up anything for goldy or masterton yet.

i know that when they put up the celtics-style "all on one" banner, they took down the broten banner and gave it to him... they also made a claim that in the future, they'd hang a banner up for that player for one season, then take it down and give it to the player and add them to the all-in-one retirement banner.

i have a feeling that's not going to be the case though, since i don't think anyone is left over from the management that said that.

it'll be interesting to see what they do when they retire modano's number. i'd like to see them put up individual banners for all 3 north stars, with the north stars logo on it (or at least the ST^RS logo, without the word DALLAS over it, if we want to be douchey about it), then give modano a matching banner with either the same ST^RS logo, or the one with dallas over it.

i'd hate to see them put the north stars numbers on one banner but give dallas players their own, because that's a bit unfair to broten who is both, just like modano is... but i'd hate even more to see them take down the ugly all-one-banner and not have anything up there for those 3 guys.

someone give gaglardi my number, and we'll talk.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

Quote:
i wish i knew where they were. my guess is that they were left up in minnesota.

if you remember when the stars retired broten's 7, it was at reunion arena, with a dallas stars logo on it. it was a full-sized banner just for him, and we hadn't put up anything for goldy or masterton yet.

i know that when they put up the celtics-style "all on one" banner, they took down the broten banner and gave it to him... they also made a claim that in the future, they'd hang a banner up for that player for one season, then take it down and give it to the player and add them to the all-in-one retirement banner.

i have a feeling that's not going to be the case though, since i don't think anyone is left over from the management that said that.

it'll be interesting to see what they do when they retire modano's number. i'd like to see them put up individual banners for all 3 north stars, with the north stars logo on it (or at least the ST^RS logo, without the word DALLAS over it, if we want to be douchey about it), then give modano a matching banner with either the same ST^RS logo, or the one with dallas over it.

i'd hate to see them put the north stars numbers on one banner but give dallas players their own, because that's a bit unfair to broten who is both, just like modano is... but i'd hate even more to see them take down the ugly all-one-banner and not have anything up there for those 3 guys.

someone give gaglardi my number, and we'll talk.
Lots of info; thanks!
Yeah, I just started following the Stars a season or two ago, so I wouldn't know anything about the Broten banner.
I really would hope those North Stars banners are in the Stars possession.
Maybe I'll hit up the Wild board to see if they know their whereabouts.

Also, this might only be news to me, but apparently, B.J. Crombeen, whom was drafted by Dallas, his father played for the Cleveland Barons, who obviously then went on to become the North Stars.
Darcy Regier.
Zach Parise's dad too.
For such a small roster size, I find that really interesting.
Not only that, but the first ever Texan to play in the NHL played on the Barons as well.
It was an omen.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 25678
That all-in-one banner is such a travesty. I really hope Gaglardi agrees.

Never knew that's what happened to Broten's banner, pretty cool gesture though.

If you want to take it a step further, Lehtinen should also be considered from "both" since he was drafted while the team was in Minnesota.

I think the solution ultimately should be 6 brand new, individual banners (Goldsworthy/Masterton/Broten/Modano/Lehtinen/Zubov). Make them in whatever variation of green and gold the new colors end up being. Don't put any logos on them. Put the name, the number, and have a sublimated picture of the player in the background of the entire banner. That's how you can give a nod to the era that player was from, logos and all. Like this. That's how you knit together different time periods without running roughshod over them.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
BeaverSports

I thought I had heard the North Stars' banners and a lot of the memorabilia that was left at the Met Center eventually went to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth, Minnesota.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post

If you want to take it a step further, Lehtinen should also be considered from "both" since he was drafted while the team was in Minnesota.

I think the solution ultimately should be 6 brand new, individual banners (Goldsworthy/Masterton/Broten/Modano/Lehtinen/Zubov). Make them in whatever variation of green and gold the new colors end up being. Don't put any logos on them. Put the name, the number, and have a sublimated picture of the player in the background of the entire banner. That's how you can give a nod to the era that player was from, logos and all. Like this. That's how you knit together different time periods without running roughshod over them.

This.

But what pictures of them do you put?

Old
02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
usefulfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
This.

But what pictures of them do you put?
This work for Mo?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoni View Post
I would buy one of those. I hope the new ones are something pretty similar. I'm worried they are going to screw up the logo when they can just go simple like that and make us all happy.
I like it, except for the shade of gold. Maybe for the darks just have a green shoulder with a white and/or gold outline.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post

No doubt; that looks great.
Even the most storied franchises could have a prolonged rough stretch and want to re-brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
I thought I had heard the North Stars' banners and a lot of the memorabilia that was left at the Met Center eventually went to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth, Minnesota.
Thats cool, I guess.
Kind of a bummer.
It would be cool to have some section of the AAC for North Stars, Golden Seals, and Barons stuff.
Like a mini-museum.
It isn't "their" history, necessarily, but I like the idea of it being there for people to learn about.

Closed Thread