HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Successful weekend!

Old
02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's done quite well. It goes further than point. He was our shutdown guy last season. He had 12 goals if you dont count his big night all that playing no PP time, about 15 minutes of play against most of the opposing teams best forwards, playing with Moen(Good shutdown player but he can't score.) and AK for the most part.

And if you watched him play last year, and this while being critical and not biased, you wouldve seen that he was really good with AK offensively AND defensively.

Now, If you don't acknowledge that
On 1/4/12 he got four goals. That means he got 12 before and after that total. You think that is a making of super star??? in 79 games he had 16 goals. 12 in 78 games. Hardly anything to be impessed with. If you are...good for you. I'm not...and it is no surprise that he has been benched already this season.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
On 1/4/12 he got four goals. That means he got 12 before and after that total. You think that is a making of super star??? in 79 games he had 16 goals. 12 in 78 games. Hardly anything to be impessed with. If you are...good for you. I'm not...and it is no surprise that he has been benched already this season.
Where did I say he was a super star? Who even said that once ?

Does he have the potential for it ? Not even.
Does he have the potential to be a 2nd C though? Hell yes.

And again ... You're not bringing any arguments... You are just trying to tell me I am not right without bringing anything substantial for you to convince me.. Wich I have been doing for quite a while now.
Step it up

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
BTW-We're now the BEST team 5 on 5.

when was the last time that happened? 1856?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Doc McKenna

Ellers a good player. But as whitesnake pointed out, hasn't had a regular position never mind regular line mates. If they would leave him at center he would look better, wing doesn't suit him well, and when he plays with talent he does much better. Just don't expect the kid to light the lap by being on the first line without PP time for 14 minutes a game. It doesn't equal the sum of its parts.

I disagree with whitesnake on his hockey IQ. Compared to puck hog pleks he is better in the IQ department and cost 1/4 as much. Not that its a huge achievment, but we could replace pleks wih eller.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Ellers a good player. But as whitesnake pointed out, hasn't had a regular position never mind regular line mates. If they would leave him at center he would look better, wing doesn't suit him well, and when he plays with talent he does much better. Just don't expect the kid to light the lap by being on the first line without PP time for 14 minutes a game. It doesn't equal the sum of its parts.

I disagree with whitesnake on his hockey IQ. Compared to puck hog pleks he is better in the IQ department and cost 1/4 as much. Not that its a huge achievment, but we could replace pleks wih eller.
Quite surprised anyone would make this claim. Plek is a great 3 zone player, if Markov wasn't off to the great start he's having we would all be talking about Tomas' resurgence.

I am absolutely loving his play so far, and from a total contribution point of view Eller has a long to go to be in his league.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

I agree with you on the fiorst part. But the second one is just wrong. Plek has one of the best hockey IQ of this damn team. How do you think he gets so much breakaways?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Captain Saku

Eller reminds me of Marcel Hossa. He might have a better NHL career with some flashes here and there but not more than a 3rd liner IMO.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
They will most likely send Lucic against White or Prust..
Really? Lucic is actually a really good top-6 player. Why would they "send him" after Prust or White? Lucic will take liberties during the play and defend himself if need be. He won't run around looking to fight a 4th liner.

lamp9post is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Cupmonger

All this talk about goaltender interference calls by the refs.

Yes, the call on Sens second goal was absolute bogus. It was a good goal. But the call on Plekanec's penalty at the start of the game was also complete garbage. Which led to the Sens first goal.

Yes, refs need to get their **** together. But I love how some fans say that the refs gave us the game.

With this logic, we should also say that the first game vs Sens should have gone differently since White never should have been called his penalty in the first case...

Oh, well...

I'll shamelessly take those two points. Suck it, Sens! Good tight game overall.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Kriss E

To me Eller is more of a Turris type. Didn't get too much ice time in Phoenix, and not necessarily with the best players. Just didn't look like he could put it all together.
Gets to Ottawa, is given the proper linemates and icetime, starts to play better.
Except even Turris in Phx got to play regularly on the PP.

Eller, despite his flaws, was rarely ever placed in an actual offensive role. We've given him scrappers and kinda went with ''let's see what you can do with them'' mentality. I mean really, who expects Eller to explode centering Moen and Armstrong, I mean really.
If this kid wants to show some offensive things with those two, he will pretty much have to do it all on his own. Moen won't set up Eller too often. Might happen once in a while, but that's it.
Eller's bread and butter last year was the PK, and he's not even used there. He has finally been used on the PP these past couple of games and surprisingly (not!), he looks good on it.

Eller might end up being a total flop, nothing more than an average 3rd liner. But before that, it's our duty to get the best of him out. Prust needs to be moved down to 4th line and Eller moved with kids. I think that with Eller, those three could dominate opposition badly.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
SouthernHab

A damned great weekend!! Habs take two and the 49ers lose!!!!!!!

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
They will most likely send Lucic against White or Prust..

No. Thornton's job, if goonery is desired, but he's out. Lucic is just a bigger meaner Pacioretty. He's not being sent up against anyone, and especially not 4th line energy guys.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Prust needs to be moved down to 4th line and Eller moved with kids. I think that with Eller, those three could dominate opposition badly.
I'd like to see a line of Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-|Gallagher. This to me has the potential to being a world class line.

I would put Eller with Desharnais and Cole. I would juggle Desharnais and Eller at center. They would be our ''3rd'' line. I would compensate's for DD's demotion with PP time.

Bourque belongs on a line with Gionta - he knows that if he has to play on the captain's line he's gonna have to show up, each night. With Plekanec, they form what is now the 1st line but easily the 2nd line if Max and the Gally boys click, which I think they will do.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:29 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'd like to see a line of Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-|Gallagher. This to me has the potential to being a world class line.

I would put Eller with Desharnais and Cole. I would juggle Desharnais and Eller at center. They would be our ''3rd'' line. I would compensate's for DD's demotion with PP time.

Bourque belongs on a line with Gionta - he knows that if he has to play on the captain's line he's gonna have to show up, each night. With Plekanec, they form what is now the 1st line but easily the 2nd line if Max and the Gally boys click, which I think they will do.
Maybe in time, but right now the Gally's still need sheltered minutes. That line has a tendency to get pinned in their own zone and is below average without the puck. I actually really like the line combos and minute distribution of all our lines for the time being - kudos to Therrien for that (really liked to see the Gally's with Markov and PK on the 4-on-3 PP today). I do agree that Pacioretty-Gally-Gally is the line of the future though.

lamp9post is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

If we start losing then try this cause I love these lines too. But lets not **** our chemistry as we gotta good thing going here.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:42 AM
FinnHab

Sens game was boring, but im happy with 2pts Succesfull weekend and Price is THE man.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

50+ points playing half the season with wingers such as Darche, Moen, Staubitz, White, Geoffrion... considering Eller has played with players as least as "good" as those ones, wonder why he didnt get 50+ pts too ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
zzoo

I'm happy for 2 points, but not super happy though.
That refused goal from Sens should be counted. Sens have no Spezza, Gonchar and Latendresse.
Oh well, no excuses for a win too

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You watch the same hockey as me right ? You know he just had a 3 point night a day ago????

Your quite the hockey professional!
That's the same hockey expert that thinks every goal Price lets in is a softie, so he clearly when he says it's time to give up on Eller, it must be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Eller reminds me of Marcel Hossa. He might have a better NHL career with some flashes here and there but not more than a 3rd liner IMO.
Marcel Hossa couldn't even dominate in Europe until he was in his late 20's. At the same age Eller is now, Hossa was a .5 PPG player in the SEL during the lockout, in comparison, Eller left Finland at a PPG clip.

Seriously, the only thing they have in common is that they are tall Europeans. This is the worst comparison yet.

Quote:

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I'm happy for 2 points, but not super happy though.
That refused goal from Sens should be counted. Sens have no Spezza, Gonchar and Latendresse.
Oh well, no excuses for a win too
Look, officiating hasn't been great for anybody. Yes, that goal should have counted. But one could also argue that the first penalty we got which allowed the sens to score, was also bogus. Just like White initial roughing penalty 2 games before was also bogus.

Refs were bad all around. It's part of the game, got to accept it. **** happens, we all deal with it. We won, it wasn't pretty. I'm glad we're in 4th.

Last edited by Cupmonger: 02-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM
EveryDay

They just add 1 assist for Cole on Desharnais Goal on sunday

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote