HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hughson,Simpson,Healy

Old
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
WHAT??? but the crowd are not real fans and only sit on their hands

that argument won't work sorry
Okay - background noise? Pucks, ice, skates, sticks? Players yelling plays?

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
BDH

Quote:
WHAT??? but the crowd are not real fans and only sit on their hands

that argument won't work sorry
I was gonna say wat about the goal horn, but for that u actually need to score -_-

Seriously tho sound definetly makes it more exciting, as annoying as Healy is

BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:26 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
CBC is an absolute mess, they'll be out of the picture in the near future and I can't wait.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
black charger

Why did Cole get shipped to Montreal.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
his day has passed.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH View Post
I was gonna say wat about the goal horn, but for that u actually need to score -_-

Seriously tho sound definetly makes it more exciting, as annoying as Healy is
for sure. but if the announcers are taking the enjoyment out of the game for some people they should look at alternatives like turning the sound off

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Superstar

Quote:
much like the ignore a poster option there is a turn the volume down option on your tv.

seems you guys would be a lot less stressed out

play by play is only needed by those who can't follow the play on their own
If you have a surround sound system, you could enjoy all that sound and atmosphere in surround sound and HD...but there's Healy...arrrggghhh...

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:37 PM
PasDaSquini

It was definitely annoying to watch. Especially on the Bruin no goal because at first they reasoned that the ref was going to call the play because Marchand was hurt and it looked like the play was dead to Reimer tripped Marchand the goal should have counted and Reimer should have received a penalty.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:39 PM
black charger

Does anybody know if you can isolate speakers in a surround system the same way as you could isolate car speakers.Background sounds seem to come from my rear speakers and the voices from the front.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Pyromaniac3

I just wished they commented on the game. They don't even have to be biased towards the Leafs.

Yesterday was all like Bruins are this, Bruins are that for full 5mins while the play goes on.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:51 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Last nights display was embarrassing for the CBC.

Uncalled for pot shots at Kessel, the moaning over the Bruins non-goal, the constant Hamilton love fest.
I especially loved it when Healy was pumping his tires and started showing clips of Hamilton giving the puck away while at the same time calling him a future Norris candidate.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Yeah, not as much fun to watch the game muted, but that's what is has come down to honestly. They do kill the enjoyment of a Saturday night watching the game though.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

I'm going to start watching the game muted, and listen via the radio. it'll bother my ocd that it's out of sync but at least i'd listen to a awesomely called game.

Daisy Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I'm pretty sure for people with surround sound you can actually mute commentary and have just the crowd noise and the game on.

But yeah, this is getting ridiculous. This culture that is developing in the GTA with hating the Leafs is getting sickening. Seeing so many fake fans wearing Bruins jerseys, Canucks jerseys, Habs jerseys and Sens jerseys makes me sick to my stomach.

I really just want a winning team so all this nonsense will disappear. Sick and tired of seeing our arena full of local people wearing spoked B's or red/white/blue toilet seat jerseys.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Swarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
Still my fav. voice in hockey but if you hear his calls you understand.

Today in Habs/Sens game in a matter of mins he went from Sens have 9 shots to 25 to 19.

I don't know why people get so upset at CBC, we have the greatest counter balance to Healey in Cherry.

Swarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
daveleaf

Heally is a door knob but there are some good people on CBC. I really like Kevin Weekes on there. Ron MacLean and Cherry. Freidman is pretty good and PJ Stock is not all that bad, Kelly Hrudey as well.

Heally just has little man syndrome and eventually he will leave. Him and Pierre McGuire should be teamed together. Both are a pair of basket cases.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:57 PM
TMLeafs

Negative Fans

I could never understand why the Maple Leaf fans are so negative towards their own players until I watched games broadcast by the opposing teams network. I live in the USA and can normally only catch the Leafs when the NHL Network broadcasts a game. For the month of January Direct TV gave away NHL Center Ice for free, which allowed me to watch numerous games. The opposing teams announcers were annoying to me until I stepped back to figure out why. It was because no matter what their team did it was a good thing. If their PP sucked then they were still getting good puck movement and just needed to shoot more. I am certain that if I had been watching the Leafs on their own network, and their PP had been the same, that the broadcasters would have been calling for all of them to be traded away for a bag of pucks.

Why is that? Is it because that is what the viewers want to hear, that their team sucks, or is it because they want to sound like they are superior hockey intellects and know so much more than the regular viewer?

I live 45 miles north of Detroit and NEVER hear the Detroit fans rag on their team as much as the Maple Leaf fans do. Is that a product of the negative broadcasting or because their are a number of so called "fans" that berate them whenever they can?

TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Alcorn

They were so bad yesterday that I ended up watching the Boston home feed at the start of the 2nd. Jack Edwards was his usual homer self, as is to be expected, but I still heard him compliment some of the Leafs a couple times, especially Reimer. More than you can say for Healy...

Alcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Kulemon

I particularly enjoy Healy's little useless segments about Bruins players being so talented by tying their skate laces with gloves on and Healy calling Hamilton a future Norris candidate even though he didnt do anything the entire game and hasn't done anything in his entire career to justify such praise.

They are so enlightening.

I seriously hate that trio with a passion and if someone starts a petition to get rid of these ****ers I would gladly sign. Hell, id go door to door around my neighbourhood to get others to sign aswell.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Hyperglide

I already stopped watching HNIC. It wasn't easy but it was worth it judged on your guys reaction. Boycott CBC. Hughson and Simpson will be gone fast once their ratings take a nosedive.

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:12 PM
sangreale

I am pretty sure that Simpsons hatred is genetic in an odd way.

It was reported that the Leafs wanted to draft him but his old man (who had something to do with hockey ... broadcasting I think) told the Leafs not to bother and that he wouldn't play with them. Leafs drafted Wendell, who had a better career. It was a crappy draft year overall anyway.

I always thought that his old man helped Leafs make the right choice anyway. I guess Simpson and his family probably blame the Leafs )in some convoluted way) for him not having a more illustrious career. Who knows that could be true;

However, his "lovely" personality .... you can give that credit to him and his family.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
sangreale

Quote:
his day has passed.
About three years ago. While his memory may live on ... it isn't always actually there when he is working.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Urban Explorer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
I could never understand why the Maple Leaf fans are so negative towards their own players until I watched games broadcast by the opposing teams network. I live in the USA and can normally only catch the Leafs when the NHL Network broadcasts a game. For the month of January Direct TV gave away NHL Center Ice for free, which allowed me to watch numerous games. The opposing teams announcers were annoying to me until I stepped back to figure out why. It was because no matter what their team did it was a good thing. If their PP sucked then they were still getting good puck movement and just needed to shoot more. I am certain that if I had been watching the Leafs on their own network, and their PP had been the same, that the broadcasters would have been calling for all of them to be traded away for a bag of pucks.

Why is that? Is it because that is what the viewers want to hear, that their team sucks, or is it because they want to sound like they are superior hockey intellects and know so much more than the regular viewer?

I live 45 miles north of Detroit and NEVER hear the Detroit fans rag on their team as much as the Maple Leaf fans do. Is that a product of the negative broadcasting or because their are a number of so called "fans" that berate them whenever they can?
Might have something to do with being the most successful team in hockey for the last 20 years? That's just me though.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
bshaw

vCash: 2000
RE Healy, he tries to stay impartial but he comes off as such a leaf hater it is really annoying, hes worse than listening to ray ferraro, i think they put all incompetent personalties between the benches lol

bshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:27 PM
tony m

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I just cannot understand the hatred Healy has for the Leafs. Where does it stem from?
Healy was a back up goaltender for the leafs. Wasn't bad, wasn't great but capable.
We had this up & coming (Swedish) goaltender at the time thought by some to be the best not playing in the NHL. Unfortunately his name escapes me.
Now I forget if Healy had a year left on his contract & leafs just dumped him, or they (& no one else re) signed him.
Anyways that goaltender sucked & Healy went into (forced) retirement.

Last edited by tony m: 02-04-2013 at 11:21 AM.
tony m is offline   Reply With Quote