HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
SCARFACE909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Ovechkin for Richards + Carter + ?

Bring up Loktionov/Pearson/Toffoli?

Are you high?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
bobafettish*

stephen weiss, trade stoll and move ricahrds to 3c, if weiss sucks hes a ufa next year.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Get rid of Stoll/penner/Williams maybe/bernier/Richardson put in vey, Toffoli and another kid. Theyd all do better than our current players.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
stephen weiss, trade stoll and move ricahrds to 3c, if weiss sucks hes a ufa next year.
Everyones going to be after Weiss and with LA not having a 1st this year, I'm not sure if DL would want to part with another one for next year.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Bernier and Lokti to Edmonton for Ganger and 4th pick?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Get rid of Stoll/penner/Williams maybe/bernier/Richardson put in vey, Toffoli and another kid. Theyd all do better than our current players.
Why are we getting rid of Williams? He's playing better and until Kopitar starts playing better, nobody from Manchester is going to help that line.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
Why are we getting rid of Williams? He's playing better and until Kopitar starts playing better, nobody from Manchester is going to help that line.
He makes too many mistakes I said maybe though in case of a good trade

Old
02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
deeshamrock

something interesting brewing on the trade front....

From

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...aps-pens-game/

While the Caps were being humbled at home by the Penguins to the tune of 6-3, they had a couple of interesting guests watching the proceedings in person.

Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were in attendance for today’s game and as you might expect, this has everyone’s imagination running wild. After all, the Caps loss drops them to 2-6-1 on the season and they’ve got a pair of goalies in Michal Neuvirth and Braden Holtby who aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire with their play.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Saying trading Williams isn't a big loss is just dumb. There's a reason when we resigned him it was deemed a very nice contract and he had a very solid year and post-season. Now seven games in it's ok to send him packing?

If we send anyone packing it should be Penner or Gagne, with my preference being Penner. Outside of the playoffs last year the guys been a waste since coming to LA. Not that either would fetch much.

And I think Iggy will be a significant target for the Kings until he either signs a new contract with the Flames or is dealt (barring them making the playoffs of course). And considering his history with Sutter and the fact we are the defnding cup champs, we should have some pull.

To get him would likely cost along the same lines as what Hossa or Kovalchuk cost as a UFA rental. Hossa cost Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and a 1st (with Pascal Dupuis also going to Pittsburgh along with Hossa) while Kovalchuk cost Johnny Oduya, Nicklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, a 1st and a 2nd (with a 2nd and Salmela going to New Jersey along with Kovalchuk).

Assuming a similar price tag along with Iggy, you're looking at a 1st, a top end prospect, a 3rd/4th line regular or depth D-man, and either another lower end guy or another pick. With that in mind, Iggy would likely cost our 2014 1st, one of Pearson/Toffoli/Forbort, someone like Trevor Lewis/Dwight King and another guy or a pick. That is rather costly, but I could see us doing something along the lines of 2014 1st, Forbort, King, and a 3rd for Iggy and one of Comeau/Jackman/Jones/Smith/Butler if we did go after Iggy.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
If I was GM for a day...

Move King or Stoll for a young dman with similar upside.

Penner, I'd move for picks.

Loktionov for a similarly stalled prospect.

Bernier for a backup and picks.

Richardson for a pick.

Wouldn't hesitate to move Drewiske in any package. He's a solid pro, but nothing special.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
XXX-XXX-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Scuderi
Voynov-Martinez
Drewiske-Muzzin

Quick
XXX

Old
02-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
If I was GM for a day...

Move King or Stoll for a young dman with similar upside.

Penner, I'd move for picks.

Loktionov for a similarly stalled prospect.

Bernier for a backup and picks.

Richardson for a pick.

Wouldn't hesitate to move Drewiske in any package. He's a solid pro, but nothing special.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
XXX-XXX-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Scuderi
Voynov-Martinez
Drewiske-Muzzin

Quick
XXX
If only it were easy enough to do any of that in a day this far from the trade deadline

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If only it were easy enough to do any of that in a day this far from the trade deadline
Obviously that'd be the ideal scenario. Make it happen Deano!

Old
02-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Unless a veteran dman becomes available for reasonable price, I think we'll stay the course and trade Bernier, Penner, Loktionov, Scuderi (depending on their willingness to resign him) and Gagne (depending on how he continues to play) for picks and prospects. If we could get a 1st or some decent prospects for our expiring contracts that'd be nice.

But again that's only if we are out of it, and I don't think we will be. So maybe only Penner, Bernier and Loktionov.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Assuming a similar price tag along with Iggy, you're looking at a 1st, a top end prospect, a 3rd/4th line regular or depth D-man, and either another lower end guy or another pick.
Iginla is 35 years old. If some GM pays that much, he is an idiot.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Iginla is 35 years old. If some GM pays that much, he is an idiot.
If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd see that asking price is based off similar returns for high profile players who were UFA at seasons end. Iginla is still a high profile player and similar rentals fetched the same, so no, any GM asking that wouldn't be an idiot and, based on how the Hossa and Kovalchuk trades panned out for Pittsburgh and New Jersey respectively, no, they wouldn't necessarily be idiots to pay that either.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Whiskeypete

mommy please make the iginla nightmares go away. they keep scaring me and i can't sleep.

anyone that considers trading for Iginla is a good idea and trading away at least two roster players, a #1 and a top prospect (most likely another #1).....needs to have their head examined. you seem to forget those two roster players now have SC rings. you seem to forget that those roster players are most likely young, under contract at an affordable price going into a reduced cap next season. you forget Dean has traded away two #1's already and there are others complaining that LA lacks a 'blue chip' prospect, well i wonder why.

seriously folks, it's been 7 games and you are ready to return to the days of old. mortgage the long term future, for the immediate gain. if DL had done that years ago they wouldn't have won the Cup.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Why are you guys getting so irritated over a trade speculation thread?
because the majority of them wreak of panic and desperation after a bad game or two. most don't measure up in the long term success for the team. most involve LA suddenly dumping players, prospects and picks at 'Player X' in a bid to hit the panic button. most of them don't come close to even being considered rationale.

for example...

richards for ovechkin

now who centers the #2? Carter? okay now who slots in on the wings? now there are holes to fill on the wings.

remember two seasons ago and LA being weak down the middle, especially in the #2 C position? yeah you must have forgot that, because now people are proposing to make that a weakness again. look around the boards and other teams, they are either looking for a #2 C and in some cases a true #1 C. why the hell should LA become one of them again?

the addition of Carter and skating on the wing allowed the rest of the LA forwards to slot in and for Sutter to field a stronger line up, that won the Cup. why tear that apart again? you say bring up Toffoli. if he was ready, don't you think Dean would have made that move already? he didn't, so its my guess he still needs some seasoning in the AHL.

this is why we get irritated

Old
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Fat Elvis

Kind of hope some of these fans fall of the bandwagon and back to which ever team they rooted for before the cup. A lot of bad proposals, a lot.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Drastic moves aren't needed. A vet stay at home d-man would be pretty helpful to replace Greene

The Kings need to look within and make **** happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Brown
“I think we should view this game as a wake-up call because we got our ***** kicked. We have to use that as motivation now to get better.”
http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/02/dusti...kings-wake-up/

Old
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

No need to panic just yet. But I do feel we need some help in both zones. Our D needs a veteran to help out Muzzin and Drewskie. Maybe split up Scuderi and Drew?
We really need Willie back.

We also need to up the skill level a bit, seems we have all the same type of player. King, Penner, Fraser, Stoll, Clifford, Nolan. Big guys who have limited speed /offensive skill. The speed of the game is much faster this year, it seems we are a step behind all the time.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
DaAnimal

People are already pushing the panic button? I know we have a shorten season but come on guys. I don't think our core pieces will be moved. Richards and Carter are staying. What we are short of is the presence of Mitchell. I've said this ever since he was signed by us and will continue to say it. Without Mitchell this team will not win! He's such an Xfactor on the squad and that the things he do on the ice are barely noticeable or recognizable. But I can say that I am one of the few fans that recognizes his ability to make a change.

People that I am NOT willing to trade:
The obvious (Doughty, Kopi, and Quick)
Brown
Carter
Richards
Mitchell
Scuds

The rest i'm open to suggestions

But I personally think that Bernier's trade value is low because of inexperience but has a lot of potential. In terms of Penner's value, gosh I don't know. Stoll's value is high because of his faceoff%.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Kind of hope some of these fans fall of the bandwagon and back to which ever team they rooted for before the cup. A lot of bad proposals, a lot.
I don't think I've ever made a trade proposal on any bulletin board on any sport.

It's not how my mind is wired. I go with the flow, even with some of the bad teams we had assembled here just a few years ago.

Just don't see the point of it all.

And especially this season, when it was so important to return our entire team like we did, I can't see why people panic so easily after 7 lousy games. Yeah, I get its a short season blah blah blah but really, we still have 41 games to go.

People need to get a grip.

02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Johnny Utah

Shane O'Brien has been a healthy scratch for Colorado. Problem is where does he fit when Greene and Mitchell come back...

Gagne and Penner should be the guys the Kings should be shopping. No one will take Richards contract and probably hesitate on Stoll's too. Justin Williams and Kopi have great chemistry, why deal him.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I really dont think the problem is defense, teams with worse defense than us are out scoring us. If we make trades it should be for scoring not defense. Unless Mitchell is out for a long time then no, if he is then maybe one defenseman. But our problem is offense and trading away assets for defense is pointless quick is a great goalie we can lay off the defense adjustment a bit so maybe we can try to score 2 goals for every bad one we let in and still win.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Shane O'Brien has been a healthy scratch for Colorado. Problem is where does he fit when Greene and Mitchell come back...

Gagne and Penner should be the guys the Kings should be shopping. No one will take Richards contract and probably hesitate on Stoll's too. Justin Williams and Kopi have great chemistry, why deal him.
I think we need more of an offensive threat than Williams If Kopitar has 0 shots in 2 games we need to find a player who has a good shot and isn't afraid to be trigger happy. Kopitar goes through these slumps often which makes it really hard to win, I think you need to put a player that can easily jump start Kopi. That's not Williams. Bad puck handling and an average shot.

Closed Thread