HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
JacketsFanWest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...Days/134/48016

Remember when some were ticked that Nash allegedly didn't waive his no-trade clause for a deal headlined by this kid?

Dodged a serious bullet there (and still got one of the potential players in the deal at a much lower cost). We missed out on the next Lindros. Brett Lindros, that is.

You mean the kid who has playing lights out for the Sens and is 1+1 in 2 games and had been lighting up the AHL since his return earlier this month?

Zibanejad was not concussed. He had a string of weird injuries, including problems with his wisdom teeth being removed. The Ottawa media thought it was all fake to cover up for a concussion.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
EspenK

Just watched Z drill a pp goal for the Sens

Old
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
bizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
You mean the kid who has playing lights out for the Sens and is 1+1 in 2 games and had been lighting up the AHL since his return earlier this month?

Zibanejad was not concussed. He had a string of weird injuries, including problems with his wisdom teeth being removed. The Ottawa media thought it was all fake to cover up for a concussion.
Came here to post the same thing. He had complications with his wisdom teeth, throat virus and was then knocked out by a stomach flu, but not a concussion. Still think that Nash for Z, Foligno and Lehner would have been the best trade for the Jackets.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Came here to post the same thing. He had complications with his wisdom teeth, throat virus and was then knocked out by a stomach flu, but not a concussion. Still think that Nash for Z, Foligno and Lehner would have been the best trade for the Jackets.
Enh. I like having the additional first round pick, and what we really badly needed were roster forwards. We ended up with three this way rather than the one we would have had via that approach (where else would we have sent Methot?).

Not that Zib wouldn't be great to add, tho...

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

My dad's fascinated by the "Where are they now?" aspect of the CBJ and how it seems nearly every game he watches features at least one ex-Jacket.

So I made he and everybody else that wants a go a Sporcle quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/JSprague24/watncbj0809

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Behind The Battle Episode 3 came out today if you didnt know.

http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/vid...ed-share-video

Old
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's a good write up, from Union Blue blog, of today's meeting with JD:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2013/02/...son/#more-3280

One interesting note, he said Collin Campbell called to tell him that the call on Brass' goal in the Hawks game was wrong. Anyone here that didn't already know that?

Old
02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Here's a good write up, from Union Blue blog, of today's meeting with JD:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2013/02/...son/#more-3280

One interesting note, he said Collin Campbell called to tell him that the call on Brass' goal in the Hawks game was wrong. Anyone here that didn't already know that?
I didn't know Collin Campbell called JD.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...55018270433280

Quote:
Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Sabres: Chi, Edm, Phil, Col, Mont, #tbLightning, #nhlJets, Pitt, Det, Nash, SJ, Cbs, Phx, Ott, NYR, Ana, LAK, Tor

02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Going after the other Foligno! I doubt Buffalo is trading him so who would be looking at from Florida or Buffalo?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Rumors say that Stephen Weiss is on the block again.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Rumors say that Stephen Weiss is on the block again.
If we're interested in Weiss....

A)He has a NMC according to capgeek.com
B)He is a UFA after this season. I would pass on him.

Maybe we're scouting Kovalev to see what we missed out on.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Crede777
Deputized

What do we have to move besides bit players like Gillies? Maybe Umberger (NTC) or Brassard. That's about it off the top of my head. We can't move Moore/Savard/Erixon until we get healthy on the blue line.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
alphafox

Yeah, we don't have alot of flexibility with the roster right now with Wiz out for who knows how long. I imagine that Brass and Aucoin are at the top of the trade board followed by Umby and Toots. The culture looks to be considerably improved with Johnson, Wiz, Dubinsky, and Anisimov in the room, so supposed leaders like Umby and Toots may be moveable.

I think at this point it is going to depend alot on where we are at the trade deadline and what the kids on the blue line show over the next stretch. Moore has been one of our best on the back end, Erixon has some impressive possession and passing skills, and Savard is IMO still a question mark. If two of these guys can step up I can easily see a trade for more assets at the draft.

At this point I am really interested to see the trade deadline moves, because with young guys like ROR, Nino and Loktionov asking for trades we might be able to add some young high potential players for cheaper than normal.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Yeah, we don't have alot of flexibility with the roster right now with Wiz out for who knows how long. I imagine that Brass and Aucoin are at the top of the trade board followed by Umby and Toots. The culture looks to be considerably improved with Johnson, Wiz, Dubinsky, and Anisimov in the room, so supposed leaders like Umby and Toots may be moveable.

I think at this point it is going to depend alot on where we are at the trade deadline and what the kids on the blue line show over the next stretch. Moore has been one of our best on the back end, Erixon has some impressive possession and passing skills, and Savard is IMO still a question mark. If two of these guys can step up I can easily see a trade for more assets at the draft.

At this point I am really interested to see the trade deadline moves, because with young guys like ROR, Nino and Loktionov asking for trades we might be able to add some young high potential players for cheaper than normal.
I'd have reservations about moving Tyutin. He's a good embassador for the Russians on the team. He loves Columbus and has made it his home. I like his game, most of all, but his "culture contributions" in regards to other important team pieces is a value we shouldn't overlook.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Tyutin has been looking better without NikNik so far. He's also the team's leading scorer O_O

The only way I see Tyutin getting moved is if JD decides he's part of the "bad culture" that they need to get the hell out of here ASAP.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
slightlystewpid420

Tyutin isn't going anywhere with Wisnewski getting hurt. Look for Moore to play a bigger role. Umberger could be a possibility, don't really know who else.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I didn't know Collin Campbell called JD.
Nor did I, that's why I found it interesting that he mentioned in this meeting with STO.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

With that many scouts at one game, there's something major brewing. We're not talking about a 4th line swap or a draft pick trade .... someone has given wind of a serious player looking to be dealt. The question is - is it from Florida, or Buffalo?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Seedtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I'd have reservations about moving Tyutin. He's a good embassador for the Russians on the team. He loves Columbus and has made it his home. I like his game, most of all, but his "culture contributions" in regards to other important team pieces is a value we shouldn't overlook.
Agreed. Sure, Toots does mess up sometimes and can be frustrating to watch, but I think he's a legit top 4 D-man on this team.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
With that many scouts at one game, there's something major brewing. We're not talking about a 4th line swap or a draft pick trade .... someone has given wind of a serious player looking to be dealt. The question is - is it from Florida, or Buffalo?
Sounds like the Stephen Weiss rumors may be true, even though Tallon is swearing they aren't. Also, given the way Tyler Myers has looked and his contract maybe he is in play?

Old
02-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Sounds like the Stephen Weiss rumors may be true, even though Tallon is swearing they aren't. Also, given the way Tyler Myers has looked and his contract maybe he is in play?
With that sort of turnout, anything is possible.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
With how suddenly this has all come into play out of nowhere, and this early into a shortened season, I have to wonder what's going on off the ice that's triggered this. That's the only explanation I could possibly speculate on.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
With how suddenly this has all come into play out of nowhere, and this early into a shortened season, I have to wonder what's going on off the ice that's triggered this. That's the only explanation I could possibly speculate on.
That's very fair. My guess would be the Panthers ... after making the playoffs, they cannot be happy with their start to the season. They do have some very good quality pieces down there; guys that could help a lot of the teams listed.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
That's very fair. My guess would be the Panthers ... after making the playoffs, they cannot be happy with their start to the season. They do have some very good quality pieces down there; guys that could help a lot of the teams listed.
The only quality pieces I see on the Panthers who lack an NTC and aren't on an ELC are Versteeg and Kulikov.

Personally, I think Tallon is a substandard GM; he's gotten a reputation for "rebuilding the Blackhawks", even though 85% of the roster was put together by Pulford, and all he did was draft Kane and Toews while signing Brian Campbell. I'm curious to see how he handles the first thing resembling "adversity" that he's actually faced.

Closed Thread