HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber & Suter: Like Peas and Carrots

Old
02-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
Dude, "suffer from ED"?? That's harsh. I love the "reasons" Ryan left both leaving him. I'd change it to his wife cheating on him with Parise, Ryan finds out, it becomes a team scandal, and they trade Parise. Suter's now ex-wife follows Zach to ........ Columbus. Don't have Leotard sell the team. Force Ryan to play the next 13 years in Liepold-Hell.
Given that this plan involves both Suter getting comeuppance and us getting Zach Parise, I think I could get behind it.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:59 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
Dude, "suffer from ED"?? That's harsh. I love the "reasons" Ryan left both leaving him. I'd change it to his wife cheating on him with Parise, Ryan finds out, it becomes a team scandal, and they trade Parise. Suter's now ex-wife follows Zach to ........ Columbus. Don't have Leotard sell the team. Force Ryan to play the next 13 years in Liepold-Hell.
this scenario only works if C-bus goes East... dont want them getting better just to screw over Suter...

trade Parise to the isles.... or back to the devils...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Machinehead
Pump it up Puempel!

Weber's gonna be alright. It's tougher to put in one-timer goals without Suter's crisp passes. That, and the whole team has had a horrid time scoring, which makes it hard to put up points obviously.

He'll find his way in these new circumstances, and the team will get hot eventually. Even if he does have a down year offensively he's still a top 3 defensive D-man in the game.

"If you put Hayes' brain in a goldfish, the goldfish would drown."-Raspewtin
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Predsboro

this thread has everything

A great, well thought out, well written OP by ILIILI ... followed by venom from 101st and others, with a little sex, scandal, and some ED thrown in.

LMAO

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:12 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 613
Wow as an outsider the anger here while not surprising is quite funny and well thought out in some of these posts. I do think both guys will be fine, although I understand why you guys hate Suter. I do find it odd that anybody ever associated with the Preds would get willingly back in bed with Leipold and if that goes bad he deserves what is coming his way.

You get in to trouble just looking at +/- as a stat, Suter looked an awful lot like the guy I remember in Nashville when they played Detroit. He also did when I caught them playing Chicago. He like Weber is now playing with a very young d-partner lately in Brodin there are going to be growing pains. Both guys are simply too good to keep playing like they are playing right now.

I really like Ekholm as a future partner if he keeps developing the way I have watched him in Milwaukee. He is a good passer, but has the more stay at home game. They could make a massive pair as Ekholm fills out, plus he has a shot you must respect as well, helping keep people away from completely cheating to Weber. He does well with wheel housing his partners shots though, which is a big plus for Weber, I am intrigued to see it happen sometime in the future, but also scared as a Wings fan.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Predarat

Suter isn't Pea, he is Pee as in ****.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:48 PM
deanwormer

much as I love the therapeutic venom being launched Ryan's way.... it was fun to watch that pair come up and mature and play a couple of really strong seasons together. however......

a - he's not one of ours anymore so he's dead to me
b - he lied out his teeth to Poile, just like Liarpold did to all of us - they deserve to rot together in fighting-for-8th-spot he!! for the length of his contract.

However, I do expect both Webs and Sutes to get their skates under them as they get more time with their new partners. But the idea that Suter is as good as Weber might not be laughable, but it's a wishful stretch of a Suter fan, and I expect that we'll see that over the next 10 years.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
weeze

Before Nashville, I was a North Stars fan, then followed them as they went to Dallas. Once Nashville got their team I became a Pred for Life! I dislike the Wild for more than just Suter! I do believe Suter knew what he was doing and got what he wanted. I find it hard to imagine that he would go to a team owned by Leipold after what he did to the Preds! And then Leipold sign Parise and Suter before the lock-out just to then watch him talk about how the salaries are too high and should be rooled back. What a jerk! I am still a little bit of a Stars fan but hope that the Wild never make the playoffs as long as Leipold and Suter are still there!

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
KevFist
is best pony

We're what? 8 or 9 games into a shortened season with no training camp? I think it's way too early to make any judgements on any body in any direction.

"I do my best work while chock full of whiskey & cheese"
--Beef Invictus
KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Does it have Barry Trotz's neck?

On an unrelated note: Peas and carrots have been replaced by a chocolate chip cookie named Roman Josi. I like it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

How freakin' fun is March 9th gonna be? Saturday night sellout eagerly awaits the return of the prodigal son. Unlike the biblical version, our son is just back for a visit.
  1. Will there be a video?
  2. Will it just be an initial boo or a boo-every-time-he-touches-the-puck?
  3. Will Clune run him?
  4. Will Suts chat it up with Preds during shoot around or stay with his Wild boys?

It's evident by now that this Suter Thing is a unique form of fan reaction for Pred fans. We've never felt this way about any former player. We're used to greedy players and players who want to go home or make decisions for personnel reasons, or players who just admit they want to go somewhere else. Suter's sin will go down in Pred History as the Sin of Hypocrisy. Poile asked him early and often what we needed to do to sign him. We did it. He asked him what his criteria was, and he said to play for a winner who could win the Cup. He was even asked about the family side. Not an issue. Poile was truthful (& gullible), while the nice boy from Wisconsin either lied about what he was going to do or didn't have the stones to confront his wife and she told him the way it was going to be. Either way, he bleeped us and, Nobody, I mean Nobody, Comes Into Our House and Bleeps with us.

Who do you think feels better about there contract: Webs or Suts? Webs is loved, plays for a proven winner, and has more money than God. Suts will go from being loved in MN to being a disappointment within a year when the Mild finish 10th, plays for proven loser and a loser two-timing owner, and has more money than God.

Webs has a clear conscience. He let the process work so the Preds cold control their destiny with him, while he still gets his max money. Suts never gave us Last-Look. He doesn't have a clear conscience. And we will never let him forget what he did to us until he admits it and apologizes. Until then, we will torment him like no other.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
WartracePred

I won't speak for Weber. But if I was Weber, I'd hold a grudge against Suter equal to the amount of frustration encountered on ice with different linemates. 7-8 games with Josi, no points, few shots, and I'm resenting Suter for his decision. 20-30 games with Hannan in the box every other shift, and I'm looking to run through Suter the next time we're on ice together. Who knows, maybe Weber is just pissed at Poile and the owners for matching Phily's offer sheet.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I won't speak for Weber. But if I was Weber, I'd hold a grudge against Suter equal to the amount of frustration encountered on ice with different linemates. 7-8 games with Josi, no points, few shots, and I'm resenting Suter for his decision. 20-30 games with Hannan in the box every other shift, and I'm looking to run through Suter the next time we're on ice together. Who knows, maybe Weber is just pissed at Poile and the owners for matching Phily's offer sheet.
Then he is stupid for betting that Poile wouldn't match it, hockey players are not that smart sometimes.

02-04-2013, 05:37 PM
PredsChik

I do encourage "Neuter Suter" signs on March 9th.

That's as clean and as short as I can make one.

"Hey Shea, I'd tell you to aim for his nads but they're with his wife in Minny" is a little long.

and "#uck you" would get me kicked out of the game.

A profanity covered jersey may make its way over the glass too. Haven't decided yet. My screen printed black and blue jersey won't bring much on ebay.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
StarvinArvin38
Weber/Neal/Rinne

the throwing of suter gear should be brought upon him when he returns to the bridge

StarvinArvin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
The irony of reading this thread right now is I found a shirt from high school about 30 minutes ago that says "traitors never win". I hadn't seen it in about 10 years.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The irony of reading this thread right now is I found a shirt from high school about 30 minutes ago that says "traitors never win". I hadn't seen it in about 10 years.
Cleveland basketball fans would suggest otherwise.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Suter -6 I REALLY HOPE he reaches double digita

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think if people really thought about it, it's not that they want Suter to suck forever and ever...
I pretty much want him to suck forever and ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post

A great, well thought out, well written OP by ILIILI ... followed by venom from 101st and others, with a little sex, scandal, and some ED thrown in.

LMAO

This!

What really makes me sad is that Weber/Suter would've been an absolutely historic pair, the likes of which hockey hasn't seen in a long time. It would've been fun to watch them dominate together. I feel like Suter leaving ruined what could've been epic hockey history.

Surely the team knows better than to make a damn tribute video when he comes back. That will NOT go over well.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:46 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

All I know is that when picking my flex 12 plan, march 9th was the first date I circled. I can't wait to boo the crap out of him.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Sk8Tenn

Hmmmm...people understand things differently from different perspectives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Not only do I want the Wild to languish at the bottom of the standings for the next 13 seasons at a minimum ... I want Suter to suffer from ED, have his wife run off with some 4th liner from a Cup winning team (my hope for Clune this summer) ... Parise to ask for, and receive, a trade away from Sutes .... leave him alone in Minny with only his BFF Liepold ... only to have Craig try sell the team because they've dropped so far that even the State of Hockey won't support them.
Maybe it's because I figure skate, but I immediately thought you were wishing an eating disorder on Suter...

Sk8Tenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

bumping with puck daddy article about the top 10 most unproductive players

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Suter har been horrible all season thus far for the Wild. I fear his contract will be an albatross around the Wild's neck. All the other teams that were vying for Suter to sign with them are probably thanking their lucky stars they didn't get him.
With the standard caveats that it's early in the season, and it's only one game, but FWIW, Vancouver - Minny game right now has Vancouver winning 4-0 going into the third, and the Wild were booed off the ice by their own hometown crowd. It's been commented on that by far the worst players this game were Parise followed by Suter.

Like most Preds fans, I have a sickened angry feeling still over how Suter acted, though I'll admit that I have a slight grudge with Weber and am annoyed that he hasn't come out flying to earn back his place. But we'll see.

Rinne I love. I used to think that his contract gave no hometown discount I'd like to see for a team that needs it financially AND to show the the fanbase that players want to go out of their way to play here.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i kinda hate they were embarrased at home and booed. they will come out flying saturday

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
ProfessorMcFatty

Wild Fan... treading carefully here.

Weber has a crazy contract with the potential to be a disaster (not unlike Suter's). 4 First Round picks seems like a lot to turn away. Do you guys regret not taking the picks, and saving the cash for a future UFA? Even late 1st picks can yield some great players...

ProfessorMcFatty is offline   Reply With Quote