HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 12:46 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Not only untouched but they got to play the Nucks without Daniel, the Blues without Halak, Phoenix as...well, they were pretty healthy except no Torres (not missing much), and then the Devils with a herniated-disc Kovalchuk. One day we'll get crazy fortunate matchups. It's bound to happen eventually.

We can only match up against Norris defenders and Vezina nominees so many times in a row, lol.
We have to count on pure, crazy luck. Every year it all comes together for some strong team, regardless of whether they were hyped to be win or not - hence why MG prefers to build a team that can contend every season.

But you also have to play a part in your destiny somewhat. Both West Coast teams that won have done so in dominating fashion and finished their opponents early. It's an absolute must for teams that travel a lot.

Even though Boston would have been a tough series anyway, it simply took too long to eliminate CHI and NSH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Well the Kings played 14 games before the Finals and 20 after it. We played 18 before and 25 after.

I don't know how many times I've said, if you want to limit injuries and fatigue in the playoffs finish your series when you have the chance. Canucks couldn't (3-6 in elimination games) Kings did a little better (4-4) but it didn't hurt going up 3-0 in every single series.

If you want to win a Cup on the West Coast you are going to have to do it like LA (16-4) or Anaheim (16-5) did it, and not like Boston did it (16-9) or Carolina did it (same record).
Yeah, this exactly. Especially with the way AV leans on his top forwards and D-men. You simply have to finish them off as soon as you can. Hence why seeing us sitting back on a 1 or 2 goal lead irks me so damn much (certain situations depending, of course).

Old
02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
We have to count on pure, crazy luck. Every year it all comes together for some strong team, regardless of whether they were hyped to be win or not - hence why MG prefers to build a team that can contend every season.

But you also have to play a part in your destiny somewhat. Both West Coast teams that won have done so in dominating fashion and finished their opponents early. It's an absolute must for teams that travel a lot.

Even though Boston would have been a tough series anyway, it simply took too long to eliminate CHI and NSH.

Yeah, this exactly. Especially with the way AV leans on his top forwards and D-men. You simply have to finish them off as soon as you can. Hence why seeing us sitting back on a 1 or 2 goal lead irks me so damn much (certain situations depending, of course).
I agree with this.

Also, any news on when Kesler's eta is? He was skating with the team, and I don't want to get my hopes up, but are we talking a week, a couple weeks, Thursday...?

Old
02-05-2013, 05:04 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I agree with this.

Also, any news on when Kesler's eta is? He was skating with the team, and I don't want to get my hopes up, but are we talking a week, a couple weeks, Thursday...?
Definitely won't be Thursday. Probably not a week. I'd say we're still at least 10 days away.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Yeah, this exactly. Especially with the way AV leans on his top forwards and D-men.
he's not really doing that this season yet

Old
02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I agree with this.

I'm hoping he'll be at least another week and a half, if not two weeks and change.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:12 PM
keslerburrows

@imacVanSun: Looks like Kesler practising 2nd line w Hansen, Raymond. Kesler's 2nd full practice w #Canucks.

Wonder how he looks.

Last edited by keslerburrows: 02-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 01:24 PM
L4cer8

Skating on lines? You have to think he's back this week.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
@imacVanSun: Looks like Kesler practising 2nd line w Hansen, Raymond. Kesler's 2nd full practice w #Canucks.

Wonder he looks.
Wow nice. Except that Raymond without Schroeder is like peanut butter without jelly. Just kidding peanut butter's awesome. Raymond without Schroeder is an onion.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Raymond with Kesler again

Old
02-06-2013, 01:53 PM
StringerBell

I don't mind Kesler with Raymond to start. It'll be interesting to see what type of game Kesler plays when he gets back. Wouldn't be surprised if we see more of a playmaker as he eases back to 100%. I imagine it's only temporary until Booth gets back too, at which point he bumps Raymond off the line.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:55 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post

Old
02-06-2013, 02:11 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Raymond put up 53 points playing alongside Kesler. I think his dramatic fall-off is more accurately pinned on injuries than a fundamental inability to play with #17.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
Raymond put up 53 points playing alongside Kesler. I think his dramatic fall-off is more accurately pinned on injuries than a fundamental inability to play with #17.
Yes, Raymond need to be up there or not at all. As he is on the team it is clear that he got to be playing on that spot - at least until it clearly does not work (not that AV would budge in that case, but with another coach).

Old
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
He put up 53 points with the Kesler who didn't know he had a shot.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
He put up 53 points with the Kesler who didn't know he had a shot.
Let's be honest, it was all because of Samuelsson.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
Quote:
RT @mattsekeres: Our friend @DTeam1040 thinks Ryan Kesler could return as early as Saturday. Looked great at practice today according to DT

Old
02-06-2013, 03:11 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
No, silly child. NO.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
No, silly child. NO.
Agreed. We're doing okay without him, so he just has to rest until he's 110%.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Wizeman*

There is also a compressed schedule . I think the end of Feb is max . That would leave him 2 months to gel with the rest of the team.

Anytime before Feb 28th is good for me. Hopefully Booth will be back by then.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

I understand the concern here, After what happend last time the thinking is that if we keep him out of the lineup as long as we can it cant happen again. But it dose seem to be baised on the belief that Kesler has not learnt from his mistakes. also I dont think how the team is playing should matter when he comes back. If we were loosing and he wasent ready we would not hurry him back again would we?
All in all Injerys are out of our control, so just hope for the best.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
YogiCanucks

Wasn't Kesler supposed to be back early/mid January? Was it ever reported he had a setback? All I remember hearing was that the timetable had been pushed back. Maybe this is Kesler waiting until he's 110%

Old
02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Wasn't Kesler supposed to be back early/mid January? Was it ever reported he had a setback? All I remember hearing was that the timetable had been pushed back. Maybe this is Kesler waiting until he's 110%
He was originally supposed to be back late November/early December, then was pushed back a month, and then people speculated that he was pretending to still be injured so he would get paid during the lockout.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
roach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Exactly.

If he thinks he's ready, then nothing on earth will stop him from coming back and if it is this Saturday.

Let's get rollin'!

Old
02-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

If Kesler is ready, let him play. He needs to get into game action here. I'm sure he's been skating for a while, no? It's not as if he can't be conditioning with a shoulder injury. It's all about getting his timing and shot back, and he needs to get in the game to do that.

I say bring him back and let him work his kinks out. There are still a ton of other guys trying to do the same.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
Quote:
Kesler: "The shoulder is a big thing. I have to make sure it's 100 per cent. The range of motion is there, but strength isn't there at all."

Closed Thread