HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
  #101
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Gaborik wore #67 for a little while during his rookie season..
Nope he didn't.

#82 actually. (In 2001)

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:38 PM
  #102
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a tree stand.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Nope he didn't.

#82 actually. (In 2001)
Damn....you're right....

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:41 PM
  #103
Goldmember
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Tervetuloa!

Now, if only I had my old username...
Kiitos! Jatkoajalla, ja Wildin foorumilla olen ollut mukana jo kauemmin.

Varastinko sun usernamen? Voin luovuttaa kyllä sen jos haluat?

Sorry about the finnishtalk. Nothing special.

Goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:43 PM
  #104
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
English please or take it via PM.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
  #105
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
I hope they dont bench granlund because of bringing coyle up.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
  #106
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I hope they dont bench granlund because of bringing coyle up.
They'll bench granlund because of his sub-par play.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
  #107
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
Kiitos! Jatkoajalla, ja Wildin foorumilla olen ollut mukana jo kauemmin.

Varastinko sun usernamen? Voin luovuttaa kyllä sen jos haluat?

Sorry about the finnishtalk. Nothing special.
No, you didn't steal my username. My previous username was "Maxwell Goldshadow" which I changed a month ago. I still use it on Jatkoaika though, so you might recognize it from there.

I just thought of it when I saw your username, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
English please or take it via PM.
As he said, it wasn't anything special. I can translate it if you want though:

Quote:
"Thank you! I've been over at Jatkoaika.com* and Wild forum for some time.

Did I steal your username? I can give it up if you want it?"

*A Finnish hockey forum, the largest in Finland and widely known among Finns.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
  #108
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,286
vCash: 827
The translation was actually a plot to destroy all of HF by manipulating certain higher-ups to do their bidding. I seened it.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:59 PM
  #109
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
The translation was actually a plot to destroy all of HF by manipulating certain higher-ups to do their bidding. I seened it.
Its the secret Illuminati language. Puhis and this new gold guy are actually ILLUMINATI MEMBERS!

Little did we know, that the Illuminati has actually been planning the superbowl black out for the past few months and have been using hfboards in order to talk about it secretly!

tyratoku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:12 AM
  #110
Marcolepsy Scandella
Registered User
 
Marcolepsy Scandella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
They'll bench granlund because of his sub-par play.
He's not the only one that's been subpar... Doesn't make much sense to put him on line 4 or bench him IMO. If that's the plan he needs to be sent back down instead because as a rookie he needs playing time to develop and get better. I'd personally like to see him reunited with Coyle replacing Seto on the second line. They seemed to develop some chemistry in Houston. Then have either PMB or Cullen with them. I'd like to see Granlund get a few games in at wing to see if that helps at all to maybe Cully with Granny and Coyle.

He definitely needs to improve a lot but sitting in the press box or playing scrub minutes with the fourth line will not help him at all IMO. Like I said, I'd prefer they just send him down at that point. It's the lesser of two evils.

Also.. Even though he's been below average lately, he still has 3 points in 8 games on a line with guys that haven't been playing too well either. In a normal season that would be a little over 30 points for him which I believe was ballpark for what a lot of people expected of him coming into the season. Obviously it not JUST about how many points he puts up but I thought that could use pointing out.

Marcolepsy Scandella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #111
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by centcougar07 View Post
Also.. Even though he's been below average lately, he still has 3 points in 8 games on a line with guys that haven't been playing too well either. In a normal season that would be a little over 30 points for him which I believe was ballpark for what a lot of people expected of him coming into the season. Obviously it not JUST about how many points he puts up but I thought that could use pointing out.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  #112
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,274
vCash: 500
I still thought they'd bring up Zucker before Coyle. Even if it is a size move, I don't agree with it.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:01 AM
  #113
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I still thought they'd bring up Zucker before Coyle. Even if it is a size move, I don't agree with it.
Fletcher said he wanted a big strong presence for on the boards in the offensive zone. What isn't there to agree with?

This call up isn't and wasn't a solution if there was a Cullen injury. When/If an injury to an offensive forward(Cullen, Bouchard, Koivu...knock on wood) goes down we will see Zucker wear iron range red and forest green.

If we lose a Clutterbuck or Powe then you will see a guy like Veilleux or Jake Dowell.

Its that simple, you call up the player that fits what you need on your team right now that is Coyle's physical presence to help us establish a forecheck and cycling down low in the offensive zone.

This move was to send a message to underperforming players(Setoguchi, Granlund etc..) And try to light a fire under their arses. Hopefully it will.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 AM
  #114
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I still thought they'd bring up Zucker before Coyle. Even if it is a size move, I don't agree with it.
The team is getting dominated in the offensive zone. The first line, besides last game, is the only line to be able to hold on to the puck down low in the offensive zone for more than a single shot on goal. The second line especially isn't able to collect the puck after a chance or even forecheck to retrieve the puck to get a chance. We need Coyle hard working big body to help with our game along the boards. Granlund, Cullen, and Butch can't win any battles down low period. Zucker is scrappy and can shoot but he isn't know for his corner battles or strong defensive play like Coyle is. It doesn't matter who is scoring the most points in the AHL what matters is what they can bring to the table in the NHL that the team needs most.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:07 AM
  #115
Goldmember
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
English please or take it via PM.
Sorry. I have no clue why I did wrote in finnish
Too much alcohol for me last night!

And thanks to Puhis for saving my ass.


Last edited by Goldmember: 02-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:12 AM
  #116
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 7,897
vCash: 50
In a perfect world, with Coyle being called up, why wouldn't something like this work (apart from the fact that Yeo would never do it)?

Bouchard-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Granlund-Heatley

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:23 AM
  #117
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
In a perfect world, with Coyle being called up, why wouldn't something like this work (apart from the fact that Yeo would never do it)?

Bouchard-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Our scoring lines would be much more balanced atleast on paper. I just don't see Yeo ever spliting up Koivu and Parise. I really do believe Heatley should be moved down, but I'm and armchair GM that knows everything about nothing.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:26 AM
  #118
hirawl
Used Register
 
hirawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
Sorry. I have no clue why I did wrote in finnish
Too much alcohol for me last night!

And thanks to Puhis for saving my ass.
Yep that's it. Alcohol makes people speak in Finnish. No wonder there are so many Finnish speakers in Finland.


Last edited by hirawl: 02-04-2013 at 05:37 AM.
hirawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:51 AM
  #119
SphinX
YouWantSome?
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
The best thing for FBJ at this very moment would be playing with Zuke nuke'm in Houston. This is just not doing it.. Or maybe move him to wing on the 2nd line.. Wing on 4th SHOUTS Gillies

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:34 AM
  #120
Ladde
Registered User
 
Ladde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Giving Granlund the Niedereitter treatment? That will work. Yeo if you feel he cant play in the NHL tell GM CF to send him down.

Ladde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
  #121
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Fletcher said he wanted a big strong presence for on the boards in the offensive zone. What isn't there to agree with?

This call up isn't and wasn't a solution if there was a Cullen injury. When/If an injury to an offensive forward(Cullen, Bouchard, Koivu...knock on wood) goes down we will see Zucker wear iron range red and forest green.

If we lose a Clutterbuck or Powe then you will see a guy like Veilleux or Jake Dowell.

Its that simple, you call up the player that fits what you need on your team right now that is Coyle's physical presence to help us establish a forecheck and cycling down low in the offensive zone.

This move was to send a message to underperforming players(Setoguchi, Granlund etc..) And try to light a fire under their arses. Hopefully it will.
Bringing up a rookie struggling to score in the AHL is a great move. My apologies. I should not have wanted to bring up a hot Zucker up. To want this team to shoot the puck more and become faster was a totally irresponsible want of mine. Especially since we are the 26th in the league in shots per game. Take in all the other leagues and they are one of the best in the world. Who knew that this team would have to dare to shoot on goal to score? Huh. Beats me. Once again, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
The team is getting dominated in the offensive zone. The first line, besides last game, is the only line to be able to hold on to the puck down low in the offensive zone for more than a single shot on goal. The second line especially isn't able to collect the puck after a chance or even forecheck to retrieve the puck to get a chance. We need Coyle hard working big body to help with our game along the boards. Granlund, Cullen, and Butch can't win any battles down low period. Zucker is scrappy and can shoot but he isn't know for his corner battles or strong defensive play like Coyle is. It doesn't matter who is scoring the most points in the AHL what matters is what they can bring to the table in the NHL that the team needs most.
Bull. Zucker has been good with his boards play and plays a solid defensive game. I don't see any other rookies blocking as many shots as him or sacrificing his body for the team. But if its fiery passion you don't want, then Coyle is a good choice.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
  #122
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,007
vCash: 500
Love the move. Wild desperately need a guy with size and some hands and scoring ability on the second line. That's what Coyle projects to be.

Look, this team has to get young at some point. I'd rather take a chance on Coyle now than flounder around with three crappy lines after the $$$ line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Agreed... #63 is BRUTAL. #3 if he sticks please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Seto has laid people out a few times this season. He's hitting better than anyone but clutterbuck so far. Where the **** is Brodziak?
Seto has been effective only when paired with good players. Marleau and Thorton, for example. Granlund and Cullen aren't in the same ballpark. he's a complimentary player, and someone who should be the third best player on a line. he's been better than Cullen and Granlund ES.
Hitting and laying people out = something grinders do, not second liners. Seto just looks like he's getting worse offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I still thought they'd bring up Zucker before Coyle. Even if it is a size move, I don't agree with it.
If Granlund goes down, Zucker comes up IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladde View Post
Giving Granlund the Niedereitter treatment? That will work. Yeo if you feel he cant play in the NHL tell GM CF to send him down.
It's been eight games. Guarantee that if Granlund struggles over the next few games with limited ice time, he goes down. Fletcher and Yeo have always been on the same page, not like Lemaire and Risebrough.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
  #123
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
I want to see Zucker as much as anybody. The problem with calling him up is he doesn't solve Minnesota's primary issue. I see a team struggling to get shots on goal largely because the 2nd line has lacked the size to maintain puck control in the offensive zone. The 2nd line's next biggest problem has been not having somebody who can park himself in front of the net. Coyle's big frame is the most logical solution to that. The line really needs a big, strong skater with good board play - and it's not like the kid can't put the puck in the net.

Let's give Coyle a chance before we scream bloody murder.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
  #124
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,615
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post


Hitting and laying people out = something grinders do, not second liners. Seto just looks like he's getting worse offensively.
considering Yeo wanted them more engaged and tough to play against, and no one else in the top lines seems inclined to hit other than Heatley, I don't see hitting as an exclusively "grinder" thing to do. he does look like he's getting worse, but why is that surprising everyone who has been complaining that Cullen is not top six material himself, and Granlund has been very disappointing given the expectations that were built up. he isn't heatley who can produce at least a little all by himself (figuratively speaking). Like i said, Seto needs to play with good players. Cullen and Granlund are not good at this point in time. Sounds like the beef with Seto (as inferred from Russo's examples of why he's being sent a message) have more to do with attitude/effort than skill.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:01 AM
  #125
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
In a perfect world, with Coyle being called up, why wouldn't something like this work (apart from the fact that Yeo would never do it)?

Bouchard-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
I really like this look. This is something I would try for sure. I have mentioned before I wonder how Granlund would do with Parise and Heatley at his wings...

I get the feeling any line Parise is on will work,regardless of who he plays with he will put up points.. similar to Mikko in his career(Miettinen anyone??)

Also Koivu and Bouchard have worked well together in the past..give it a try Yeo!

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.