HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider with a bone chip in ankle (2/5: Full contact practice)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 11:56 AM
  #101
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
bone chips are not fun at all. I had that similar injury playing basketball in high school and stupidly i tried to play through it and i went from being a quick point guard to very slow because of the pain and discomfort. Kreiders main asset is his speed and you can tell that the injury slowed him down a lot. Look Im not trying to make excuses for krieder but i've noticed some people start to bash our top prospect because of 3 bad games playing through an injury. Also the AHL thing really blew up. yes he wasnt scoring 20 goals like most expected but i watched some of those games and i could tell he was trying to concentrate on other parts of his game so i didnt think it was a big deal
And Ive noticed that you ignore facts in order to make excuses for Kreider - facts like he was very ineffective in the AHL before this "injury"

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  #102
NYRangers723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bleed Ranger Blue;58891563]And Ive noticed that you ignore facts in order to make excuses for Kreider - facts like he was very ineffective in the AHL before this "injury

QUOTE] Well first off in PLAIN ENGLISH I said im not making excuses for Kreider but im just stating that his main asset is his speed and bone chip injuries limit your speed because i went through the same injury. I never said kreider has played well not one time. All i said is can we please wait and see him healthy and playing to see if he is a bust or not. I think thats pretty fair

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
  #103
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
People forget that krieder has nobody yo really work with in the AHL... in the NHL he has star Pointmen and people to run plays with. In the AHL, he is the man. He isn't used to that pressure. I know I wouldn't be

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  #104
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,618
vCash: 500
I would go back and read all 5 pages but I don't want to go through the 'Post Lock-out edition of the Why isn't Kreider Performing well" shananggingnans.

How long has this ankle chip been there?

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
  #105
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Supposedly since Jan. 5th. He thought it was a bruised foot but the discomfort didn't subside so he had it checked out. Easy injury to play through but can certainly make your skating less than 100%. Not a big deal thus the short layoff and no need of medical attention, just rest.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
  #106
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,394
vCash: 500
Whats the latest on him, any chance he will play Tuesday against NJ? I really believe this bone chip has affected his play and once he's healthy we will see the same guy we saw in the playoffs last year.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
  #107
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,618
vCash: 500
The future and prospect pool/depth of the New York Rangers has been saved by an after the fact ankle chip.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:40 AM
  #108
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Kreider's offensive zone start percentage through his 3 games.. 27.3%. Less than Brian Boyle.

Might be a good idea for Torts to start this offensive rookie kid in offensive situations?

toewsintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:23 AM
  #109
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,294
vCash: 873
I would hate to be a struggling rookie in the Rangers system.

U guys are brutal.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
  #110
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I would hate to be a struggling rookie in the Rangers system.

U guys are brutal.
Why do you think Justin Schultz went to the Oilers? If he came here and did not look like Brian Leetch on the first shift we would be saying how he is a bust already.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
  #111
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,527
vCash: 500
All I have to say is.. When he comes back, hopefully he is 100 percent. And he gets offensive zone starts.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:13 AM
  #112
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Why do you think Justin Schultz went to the Oilers? If he came here and did not look like Brian Leetch on the first shift we would be saying how he is a bust already.
Oh please. He went to the Oilers because Gretzky did a great sales job.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
  #113
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Oh please. He went to the Oilers because Gretzky did a great sales job.
I guess you did not feel the sarcasm.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
  #114
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Today's practice is probably a decent indication Chris Kreider (ankle) will not return to the lineup tomorrow vs. the Devils.
Kreider most likely out vs. Devils? No!!!!!!!!!!

That means Bickel will be playing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
  #115
The Sweetness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Why do you think Justin Schultz went to the Oilers? If he came here and did not look like Brian Leetch on the first shift we would be saying how he is a bust already.
Well considering how Schultz tore up the AHL I'd like to think we'd have more patience and understanding.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
  #116
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 500
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Pretty clear that Kreider is not playing tmrw, either. Still working on regaining strength in ankle. Not a matter of pain, but function

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
Chris Kreider (bone chip/ankle) feeling better, but I wouldn't count on him for Devils game tomorrow. Mobility, not pain, is the issue

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:22 PM
  #117
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
People forget that krieder has nobody yo really work with in the AHL... in the NHL he has star Pointmen and people to run plays with. In the AHL, he is the man. He isn't used to that pressure. I know I wouldn't be

Newbury is playing on the same team and is getting almost a point per game. So is Mash.

This is a total BS excuse. Kreider got outscored by 4 defensemen and 10 forwards in Hartford. If Grant and Vernace are outscoring you, you can't say that your team mates are holding you down. The fact that almost the whole team except for guys like Collins and Wilson are outplaying him offensively is surely not a positive.

Look at Nieves. He has nobody to play with (except Trouba) and yet he's made the best of it and developed into the team's best forward in his freshman season. Kreider has no excuse for sucking.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:27 PM
  #118
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,108
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Newbury is playing on the same team and is getting almost a point per game. So is Mash.

This is a total BS excuse. Kreider got outscored by three career-AHL defensemen, not to mention a whole bunch of career-AHL forwards. If Grant and Vernace are outscoring you, you can't say that your team mates are holding you down.

Look at Nieves. He has nobody to play with (except Trouba) and yet he's made the best of it and developed into the team's best forward in his freshman season. Kreider has no excuse for sucking.
Not even retroactive bonechips or just keeping in shape?

People need to understand it's okay to place the blame on Kreider for Kreider's struggles, and that doesn't mean he's a bad player, bad person, bad tipper etc. Remember how bad Del Zotto looked after bursting onto the scene in his rookie year? Development is a process.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
  #119
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
If anyone should be excused for their stats, it's Hartford's goalies. The forwards on the team aren't terrible and the defensemen aren't terrible offensively. Vernace, Pyett and Parlett (and Gilroy) are good offensively.

Hartford is 2 goals away from being the 4th best offense in the East.

It's the defense that sucks. McIlrath is the best defensive blueliner, but he's a rookie who still feels awkward against adults. Vernace, Parlett and Pyett aren't great defensively. There are no true defensive specialists among the forwards. Hartford is 4 goals away from being the worst in the AHL in goals against, and without Talbot, they would've been by far the worst defensive team in the league.

And yet, despite all this, Talbot's stats are still very solid. Good players who are playing well don't need excuses.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  #120
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Remember how bad Del Zotto looked after bursting onto the scene in his rookie year? Development is a process.
Or how about Callahan in 07-08. Got injured, had a rough couple of games, got sent down.

Struggling is very much part of developing. Some people are afraid a realistic statement like this might mean Kreider will suck forever.

Some players need more seasoning.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
  #121
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Newbury is playing on the same team and is getting almost a point per game. So is Mash.

This is a total BS excuse. Kreider got outscored by 4 defensemen and 10 forwards in Hartford. If Grant and Vernace are outscoring you, you can't say that your team mates are holding you down. The fact that almost the whole team except for guys like Collins and Wilson are outplaying him offensively is surely not a positive.

Look at Nieves. He has nobody to play with (except Trouba) and yet he's made the best of it and developed into the team's best forward in his freshman season. Kreider has no excuse for sucking.
Wow. For a guy who seemingly watches a lot of hockey you have no problem comparing apples to oranges and then taking a big time stand. First, the sample on Mash is too small. I think that's obvious.

As for Noob you are comparing a seasoned, AHL Vet who plays center and is on every PP to a rookie winger who as everyone knows is a completely different kind of player. CK although talented does not create his own offense and he never has except in limited situations. He has scary speed, a scary shot and good hands around the net. But he needs help. The fact that he didn't produce in Hartford is a combination of things. But don't make silly comparisons to make your point.

I think what's more important is what he did in NY in the playoffs. And when he is healthy I will be patient based on what I saw then as opposed to a lack of production on a bad Whale team.

Have you watched Michigan play? I have. Boo is playing with Di Guiseppe and Kevin Lynch, both good players. And although he is playing well he is getting an opportunity at Michigan that CK didn't get until his junior year in terms of quality minutes and that's when CK became a ppg player. The fact that you mention Trouba who's a D-man tells me you don't watch them play and just threw out a name that is recognizable.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
  #122
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
I'm not saying Noob > Kreider in terms of potential. But it is just a fact that when you have 10 forwards and 4 defensemen on a minor league team outscore a top prospect, something went haywire.

To say that he's not doing well in Hartford because it's a bad offensive team incapable of creating offense is just false. It is an above average offensive team, as good as any other squad in the AHL. The Whale's problem is that they are the worst defensive team in the league (not counting Talbot), but that doesn't prevent Kreider from succeeding offensively.

Everyone likes to cite that he did well in the WJC. Do you realize that the quality of his line mates in the WJC was significantly worse than what he has in Hartford? So it wasn't his line mates who are the problem, it's that he doesn't get to beat up on Latvian and Italian semi-pros who are already out of hockey, probably working as store clerks somewhere.

And no, what he did in the NHL playoffs is NOT more important than the rest of his career. He's proven before (in various tournaments) that he can hold his own for a few games, but never for long stretches. Nobody doubts that he can be good for a dozen games or so. The question is whether he can hold it up over the course of a full season.

Kreider is not ready for the NHL. He may not have been ready for the super-charged AHL when he was there. But now that all the NHLers and half the borderline guys have left the AHL, he might have an easier time down there. Kreider needs to go back and learn how to be a pro.

I'm still hopeful he can develop into a 25-25 or even 30-30 player, just not at the age of 21.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:57 AM
  #123
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I'm not saying Noob > Kreider in terms of potential. But it is just a fact that when you have 10 forwards and 4 defensemen on a minor league team outscore a top prospect, something went haywire.

To say that he's not doing well in Hartford because it's a bad offensive team incapable of creating offense is just false. It is an above average offensive team, as good as any other squad in the AHL. The Whale's problem is that they are the worst defensive team in the league (not counting Talbot), but that doesn't prevent Kreider from succeeding offensively.

Everyone likes to cite that he did well in the WJC. Do you realize that the quality of his line mates in the WJC was significantly worse than what he has in Hartford? So it wasn't his line mates who are the problem, it's that he doesn't get to beat up on Latvian and Italian semi-pros who are already out of hockey, probably working as store clerks somewhere.

And no, what he did in the NHL playoffs is NOT more important than the rest of his career. He's proven before (in various tournaments) that he can hold his own for a few games, but never for long stretches. Nobody doubts that he can be good for a dozen games or so. The question is whether he can hold it up over the course of a full season.

Kreider is not ready for the NHL. He may not have been ready for the super-charged AHL when he was there. But now that all the NHLers and half the borderline guys have left the AHL, he might have an easier time down there. Kreider needs to go back and learn how to be a pro.

I'm still hopeful he can develop into a 25-25 or even 30-30 player, just not at the age of 21.
Wow!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:34 AM
  #124
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,504
vCash: 500
I'm no doctor... but how are bone chips healing? I would think that he might need it cleaned out surgically. I know that sometimes they can grind down, but that obviously wasn't happening, and resting can't be doing that. I'd hate to see this become a nagging season long injury.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:46 AM
  #125
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I'm no doctor... but how are bone chips healing? I would think that he might need it cleaned out surgically. I know that sometimes they can grind down, but that obviously wasn't happening, and resting can't be doing that. I'd hate to see this become a nagging season long injury.
It's going to grind down. He should be back in another game or two. Not tomorrow, but 1-2 after that. He's definitely not going to need surgery for it. I've had two bone chips in my right ankle. One originating from the foot, another that was nastier from the side of the ankle. Both took care of themselves with rest from vigorous activity. The worse of the two I had the option of surgery with but was advised that it wasn't necessary and to just really give it enough time to take care of itself. If they were going to consider surgery with Kreider it already would have been done. He's been skating. The whole thing will be resolved shortly.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.