HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Would you offer this if it get you Drouin?
Drouin fits what CHill Seeker said, top 6 gamebreaking winger.

But, I prefer to keep our 4 picks, top 60 is pretty gold overall.

And S Bah, you're right about Theodore, would love to get him. Madison Bowey comes to mind too.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
how close to the top 10 or even top 6 does 3 2nds and our first get us - if we finish out of top 20?
It's not the year to do that. There's so much depth in this draft that I want those 3 2nd round picks.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
It's not the year to do that. There's so much depth in this draft that I want those 3 2nd round picks.
Definitely, there's a lot of good players who could slip. I want us to grab 3 of them.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Hugo Sham

i'd move the 4 picks for drouin. from what i understand it's a deep draft, but there are franchise players in the top 6-7

Old
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i'd move the 4 picks for drouin. from what i understand it's a deep draft, but there are franchise players in the top 6-7
Sorry we already have 1 clear franchise player and another one coming along. +2 others that might get to it.. We need a supporting cast and long term developement. Nothing else.

Lets not get greedy. If the team falls into a position where they can draft, sure I'll be happy/unhappy that we lost but if we finished further I wouldnt mind at all drafting like we did in 07 where we got 4 good players and 3 that turned out to be stars.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:25 PM
NotProkofievian

What's everyone's opinions on Arturri Lehkonen? It seems like he's slipping, and on draft day, could be one of those guys who slips even further(smaller euro). However, the guy can flat out score goals by the looks of it.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm extremely confidence that a guy like Émile Poirier will develop into a very very good player. I have him really high on my list. Strangely for some, I don't have Marc-Olivier Roy as high as I probably should. But since my Charles Hudon mistake....I'm expecting to have one Charles Hudon per year. Roy might be my this year's Hudon....

Old
02-03-2013, 08:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm extremely confidence that a guy like Émile Poirier will develop into a very very good player. I have him really high on my list.
How high is 'really high'?

Old
02-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
How high is 'really high'?
I will have to reassess and analyze him amongst the others but for me, he's CLEARLY amongst the 2nd rounders that we have and by the end of it, will probably end up on my list for late 1st round....I like the kid a lot. I like his teamate Reway also, just not sure how he'll fit in higher levels. But the pure talent is there.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I will have to reassess and analyze him amongst the others but for me, he's CLEARLY amongst the 2nd rounders that we have going slowly at the end of 1st.
Wow, interesting. I'll try to keep an eye on him then. Thanks.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wow, interesting. I'll try to keep an eye on him then. Thanks.
He will have to work on his foot speed. It's not THAT bad, but it has to be worked on. But his intelligence in the game and his 2-way game is REALLY interesting.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Drouin fits what CHill Seeker said, top 6 gamebreaking winger.

But, I prefer to keep our 4 picks, top 60 is pretty gold overall.

And S Bah, you're right about Theodore, would love to get him. Madison Bowey comes to mind too.
Wow I like this post!! Keep the 4 picks and try add one more 2nd rounder would be huge for depth draft.

I am also very impressed that someone else likes Theordore and Bowey.... fantastic skaters who love the game(take them any day over Pulock)

Overall I would like Habs to draft a goalie ,one Dman and 2 forwards(with size) with those first 4 picks. Just need one more 2nd (maybe a Habs 2014 2nd for a 2013 from someone?) . Would also be nice if they could fit in 2 from the Q in those first 4 picks

Old
02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Wow I like this post!! Keep the 4 picks and try add one more 2nd rounder would be huge for depth draft.

I am also very impressed that someone else likes Theordore and Bowey.... fantastic skaters who love the game(take them any day over Pulock)

Overall I would like Habs to draft a goalie ,one Dman and 2 forwards(with size) with those first 4 picks. Just need one more 2nd (maybe a Habs 2014 2nd for a 2013 from someone?) . Would also be nice if they could fit in 2 from the Q in those first 4 picks
Pulock is a lock for top 20.. ATLEAST. Theodore might crack the first round.. I don't see it.

I find it awesome that we could steal Fucale maybe in the second round... He's an awesome goaltender and I think he might be one of the best to come out since a while now.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Pulock is a lock for top 20.. ATLEAST. Theodore might crack the first round.. I don't see it.

I find it awesome that we could steal Fucale maybe in the second round... He's an awesome goaltender and I think he might be one of the best to come out since a while now.
I noticed Winnipeg Jets have 3 2nd rounders also.... who would do this trade... Habs 1st for Jets 3 - 2nd round picks. Montreal then would have 6 - 2nd round picks in a deep draft.
Ottawa traded 2 - 2nd's for the 24th pick two years ago so this is'nt a wild and crazy thought........ if habs had a top 15 pick say........ who would or would'nt do this trade and why?

Old
02-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
I noticed Winnipeg Jets have 3 2nd rounders also.... who would do this trade... Habs 1st for Jets 3 - 2nd round picks. Montreal then would have 6 - 2nd round picks in a deep draft.
Ottawa traded 2 - 2nd's for the 24th pick two years ago so this is'nt a wild and crazy thought........ if habs had a top 15 pick say........ who would or would'nt do this trade and why?
Hard to say without knowing where we are picking and who is still available once that pick is on the clock.

Personally though, I'm much more willing to combine two of those 2nds to get another first than do what you suggest.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Nitehowl

I would agree with you IF the 2nd round was weak but with a very strong group in the 2nd round plus the best year in the Q in many years this would be an ideal time to load up with local kids plus this would put Bergevin's mark(haha) on the team with his style of players. Six players is almost 1/3 of a roster in a couple years...lol

Old
02-04-2013, 12:22 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Depending on how the rest of the year goes, if we have a 20+ pick and someone offers Bergevin two 2nd rounders for it, I hope he accepts it.

IMO, the difference between a guy picked at 25 and 35 this year will be marginal.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:52 AM
MaxLacoste

I don't see any team in the top6 this year trade away their pick. If someone have a shot at Drouin, he will not trade down. Franchise players don't come often so you don't trade them.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Mrb1p

So now Drouin is a sure lock at franchise player?

I love the guy... But hey... Let's slow it down here.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
I would agree with you IF the 2nd round was weak but with a very strong group in the 2nd round plus the best year in the Q in many years this would be an ideal time to load up with local kids plus this would put Bergevin's mark(haha) on the team with his style of players. Six players is almost 1/3 of a roster in a couple years...lol
The thing is, even if you load up on 2nds, the Q talent may go before those picks. You just don't know.

Also, Timmins has always been a master at finding talent in rounds 3 to 7 regardless of how many picks we have, so I don't see the urge to get a ton of picks to maximize our chances of getting NHLers. I'd rather go for quality, combine a couple of our 2nds to get another 1st and get 2 nearly sure things out of this draft.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Depending on how the rest of the year goes, if we have a 20+ pick and someone offers Bergevin two 2nd rounders for it, I hope he accepts it.

IMO, the difference between a guy picked at 25 and 35 this year will be marginal.
I disgree..think Timmins have enough 2nd round picks to select the players he likes best available then. Like to keep the first in case somebody we have in our top 3 slides...like Teravainen last year.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Keep all the 2nd rounders please. That's the kind of year this year. Top 60 is great, and you will see later that #55 might end up being better than #25. Happens often but this year is a guarantee.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Keep all the 2nd rounders please. That's the kind of year this year. Top 60 is great, and you will see later that #55 might end up being better than #25. Happens often but this year is a guarantee.
Timmins will get us Carrier. Relax.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I disgree..think Timmins have enough 2nd round picks to select the players he likes best available then. Like to keep the first in case somebody we have in our top 3 slides...like Teravainen last year.
Who knows?Maybe Timmins & Bergevin have players in mind they already want in the 1st round and make trades for an extra 1st pick.The Habs have only played 8 games it's a long way to the playoffs yet,the Habs are looking good.After the Boston game Wed. we should have a better idea about trading our 1st for 3 2nd's,just a thought.In a draft like 2013 quantity may well be better than having one 1st in the 20+ range.There are numerous players available that Timmins would love to pick I'm sure,the thought of six picks between 30-60 is like a jug of Icewater in the desert to someone dying of thirst to this poster.Odds are definitely in that teams favor to come out a winner,especially this years draft.Drouin,Wennberg and Gauthier are players that really stand out as players that would look great in Habs bleu,blanc et rouge.That would take three low 1st picks, which no team has and it will be difficult indeed to acquire one of those picks let alone three.So if the Jets are looking to trade those three 2nd's,it's quite possible MB will listen intently to any proposals that could help strengthen the Habs depth for the future.At least I would bet big money MB will be interested in any trade that can make the Habs better for their future and his too!

Old
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
niftymove

Quote:
we should have a better idea about trading our 1st for 3 2nd's,just a thought.In a draft like 2013 quantity may well be better than having one 1st in the 20+ range.
I think only the Habs and the Jets have 3 second round picks in 2013. So, Winnipeg is our only targetable team to trade with, if you want 3 seconds for our first pick.

So, not much chance to see that kind of trade.

Closed Thread