HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 2: It's not how big you are...

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
dixs35

vCash: 50
Instead of targeting I guy like Bozak what about one of these guys, who would cost much less.

Boyle - Big Guy wins FO's and could remove Horcoff from the PP.
Antropov - Same as Boyle and would allow them to play Scheifele? full time instead of PB him
Matthias- same as the other 2 but with better skating.
Tlusty- had a decent year last year and is now buried again. I know he plays on the wing a tonne but also plays C

Old
02-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyChicken View Post
Most games have 8-10 scouts at them. When you have a day with only a few games, the number of scouts increases per game. I wouldn't read to much into this unless the same scout watches one team several games in a row.
This season is a bit different though. Often you have a pro scout at a game because you are doing some advanced research on an opponent. But when you aren't playing any Eastern conference teams this year, I imagine it is a little more rare.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
A couple interesting proposals from the Main Board that opposing teams seem to like also..

EDM: Stafford and Adam
BUF: Hemsky and Paajarvi

LAK: Hemsky, Whitney, 2nd
EDM: Stoll, Williams

Personally I don't think I'd do the Buffalo one but I really like the Kings deal.

Gives us many faceoff guys while Nuge and Gagner are improving and the experience of Williams and Stoll.

I'd prefer to keep Hemsky to Williams but getting rid of Whitney while gaining Stoll would be huge.

Would be interesting how the lines would work after that deal.. I'd go with:

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Horcoff - Gagner - Yakupov
Hartikainen - Stoll - Williams
Smyth - Belanger - Petrell

Let Horcoff take faceoffs on 2nd line, Yakupov gets to play his natural position.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:42 AM
SDig14

Interesting, I kinda prefer the Buffalo proposal myself.

IMO, Adam will be a better role player than Paajarvi because his game fits the 3rd line role much better, Stafford adds the bigger body to the top 6, and the age of the returning players is a better fit longer term as well.

I know Stoll just signed a new deal, what does Stafford have left on his deal? Too lazy right now...

Old
02-04-2013, 12:45 AM
SDig14

Also, proposals with Hemsky drive me crazy.

He always plays well enough for me to not want to deal him, then once I'm set on keeping him he goes into hiding...vicious circle.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:57 AM
FunkyChicken
Golden Ticket

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
This season is a bit different though. Often you have a pro scout at a game because you are doing some advanced research on an opponent. But when you aren't playing any Eastern conference teams this year, I imagine it is a little more rare.
Good point. Gillis and the assistant GM also showed up, according to McKenzie.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:15 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyChicken View Post
Good point. Gillis and the assistant GM also showed up, according to McKenzie.
So was Gills at the Florida game or the Washington game?

Last edited by DousedInOil: 02-04-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old
02-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Interesting, I kinda prefer the Buffalo proposal myself.

IMO, Adam will be a better role player than Paajarvi because his game fits the 3rd line role much better, Stafford adds the bigger body to the top 6, and the age of the returning players is a better fit longer term as well.

I know Stoll just signed a new deal, what does Stafford have left on his deal? Too lazy right now...
I just don't like the idea of giving up on Paajarvi yet. Adam would be nice but Stafford is pretty soft and I'd rather target someone else in the off-season then have Stafford taking a spot in the top 6.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

GM showing up to scout a game suggests something's up for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
A couple interesting proposals from the Main Board that opposing teams seem to like also..

Personally I don't think I'd do the Buffalo one but I really like the Kings deal.

Gives us many faceoff guys while Nuge and Gagner are improving and the experience of Williams and Stoll.

I'd prefer to keep Hemsky to Williams but getting rid of Whitney while gaining Stoll would be huge.
I like those proposals.

Would perfer to see the Oilers target a big, physical, second line left winger to balance out the top lines a bit, and let Yakupov move back to his more comfortable side. Both Williams and Stafford are right shooting right wingers, and that doesn't help with that aspect too much.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:31 AM
McArthur

Next season who do you want???

Eberle-?????-Hall
?????-RNH-Yakupov

Old
02-04-2013, 01:32 AM
McArthur

Trade for 1, sign the other in free agency

Old
02-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post

I like those proposals.

Would perfer to see the Oilers target a big, physical, second line left winger to balance out the top lines a bit, and let Yakupov move back to his more comfortable side. Both Williams and Stafford are right shooting right wingers, and that doesn't help with that aspect too much.
I agree with that. I just think the Kings proposal would be too good to pass up and Williams could go on the 3rd line with Stoll. Gives us the safe option to buy out Horcoff in the summer with Stoll there in his place.

Plus Williams is on a pretty good deal @ 3.65 for 2 more years after this one.

I'd be willing to give up on Paajarvi if we could sign Clowe as that big LW. Paajarvi for a defenseman to replace Whitney and we're set.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post

Eberle-?????-Hall
?????-RNH-Yakupov
Quote:
Trade for 1, sign the other in free agency
Gimme Gagner, thanks.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:47 AM
McArthur

Quote:
Gimme Gagner, thanks.
I like him too! I really do. But face offs are killing us. And once the playoffs come, size will be and issue. And I know I'm dreaming when I say perry and getzlaf, but who wouldn't want to play with these kids? Iginla with horcoff and smyth?

Old
02-04-2013, 02:32 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:

Eberle-?????-Hall
?????-RNH-Yakupov
I want Ryane Clowe on this team.

Perfect 2nd line left-wing.

Hall-?-Eberle
Clowe-RNH-Yakupov

Old
02-04-2013, 03:50 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:

Eberle-?????-Hall
?????-RNH-Yakupov
Gags and Horton

Old
02-04-2013, 06:05 AM
doubledown99

My ideal offseason:
-Sign Clowe, D. Murray, Smid
-Trade up (if not in position) and draft Monahan. Can use our 1st and two 2nds to do it it or use Gags plus draft picks or MPS (personally prefer 2nd option as with our pick I'd like to keep it and draft Nurse)
-sign RNH and J Schultz to long term deals (because of what I propose below. Also believe JS can be signed as he signed 2 yr deal)
-sign OEL to offer sheet 6.5 for 7 yrs (1,2,3 Ed picks as compensation. PHX might not be able to match with their ownership situation still up in the air)

Old
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
My ideal offseason:
-Trade up (if not in position) and draft Monahan. Can use our 1st and two 2nds to do it it or use Gags plus draft picks or MPS (personally prefer 2nd option as with our pick I'd like to keep it and draft Nurse)
-sign OEL to offer sheet 6.5 for 7 yrs (1,2,3 Ed picks as compensation. PHX might not be able to match with their ownership situation still up in the air)
so we add OEL 6.5mill cap hit, D Murray will get 2 to 3 --same with smid
Clowe will get 4 to 5. Lets say Murray and Smid both for 2.5 + OEL 6.5 for an extra 11.5, Clowe will get say 4mill, that brings it up 15.5mill cap hit, all these contract say are 5 year. First--let make the draft day deal Gags and our first for Monahan (not going to debate whether or not that gets the deal done--lets just say it does)

cap is 64.3

Lw
Hall 6
Clowe 4
Hartikenen 1
MPS 1.25
C
Nuge 3.77
Horcoff 5
Belanger 1.75
Lander 0.9
RW
Eberle 6
Yak 3.75
Hemsky 5
Pettrell 0.9
D
N Schultz 3.5
J Schultz 3.775
J petry 1.75
L smid 2.5
OEL 6.5
D Murray 2.5
g
DD 3.5
Back 1
it could work in theory--we would have no wiggle room and if you are suggestion Monahan for the second line c--buy out horcoff (the players will remember it down the line)

but then we got some wild card of Klefbom who is coming over next year and I predict he will be part of the top pairing sooner then later. There is not much wiggle room and we would more or less be telling Musis, Teubert, Marincin and a few other D prospects they are done with the organization

Our D is not as bad as some people think, it needs some work, but looking long term with J Schults, Klefbom and a few others--I think we have the players in place where we do not need to go out a get OEL)

we have a lot of prospects coming a long and we need to be patient and let them develop.

We are not in a win now mode, are window of winning has not opened yet and we are still waiting on a few prospects to get in line

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
02-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
My ideal offseason:
-sign RNH and J Schultz to long term deals (because of what I propose below. Also believe JS can be signed as he signed 2 yr deal)
if only it were that easy...

Old
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Sabres: Chi, Edm, Phil, Col, Mont, #tbLightning, #nhlJets, Pitt, Det, Nash, SJ, Cbs, Phx, Ott, NYR, Ana, LAK, Tor

Not sure if mentioned, but that's quite odd considering most of those teams will never play FLA or BUF this year.

Something happening in Buffalo that all those scouts would be there or is one of those teams looking at shaking things up?

Old
02-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:

Would be interesting how the lines would work after that deal.. I'd go with:

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Horcoff - Gagner - Yakupov
Hartikainen - Stoll - Williams
Smyth - Belanger - Petrell

Let Horcoff take faceoffs on 2nd line, Yakupov gets to play his natural position.
I don't think you need to replace Gagner on the 2nd line with Horcoff, I don't think he's been good enough all around to warrant his spot.

I actually like the Buffalo deal more myself, Stafford would fit nicely into the top-6, imo, and Adam (iirc) has decent size and can be a bottom to middle-6 forward with the Oilers who could help the team be tougher to play against.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Lessy

OEL is an interesting one with Phoenix's financial situation but I'm thinking they'd move Yandle long before they let OEL get poached.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I can see Buffalo making a move because Vanek is having an MVP worthy season but the Sabres aren't in the playoffs.

I can see Myers being moved as well.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post

I like those proposals.

If you get rid of Hemsky, Eberle is the last right shooting RW we have that is NHL quality. Pitlick is the next in line. We can't be a team full of left handed shots.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
PumpkinBomb

Anyone who doesn't have nuge on the top line for next season is taking crazy pills.

He's got 5 points in 8 games, playing unsheltered minutes and only has 2 EV GA.

He's actually have the best 2nd year season as a center since Crosby/Malkin.

Closed Thread