Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
To you all so great that we brought some life into the danish part of the HF boards...so thanks for your participation and a warm welcome to all that wants to join in. That was my hope of starting this thread!

Old
02-03-2013, 06:56 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Boy was I pleased to see Eller proove me THAT wrong.. He played an amazing game... LEt's hope he stays this hot..

Pacs is back sooner than they thought, that could mess up Ellers situation!

Also Gally has hit his 9 game cap, and it looks like he is staying up in Montreal, also could mess up Eller's situation.

All in all let's see if Eller gets rewarded for this game

Old
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Boy was I pleased to see Eller proove me THAT wrong.. He played an amazing game... LEt's hope he stays this hot..

Also Gally has hit his 9 game cap, and it looks like he is staying up in Montreal, also could mess up Eller's situation.

Maybe this game could be what saves him on the roster.."until next game" (he really has to streak NOW so they "have" to keep him up there). So lets cross our fingers and hope for the best....being tried at the first line with success means it's now or possibly never in Montreal! Either Eller is their man for point-production or Montreal might doghouse him rest of season with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk ready and staying respectively.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
To Bank: What I meant about Dalles defence is that on paper it looked fine (to me at least), but in no way should Larsen fall to d-man 8.
Robidas, Goligoski, Daley, Larsen, Dillon, Rome, Benn... I mean everybody knew that would be the problem. That's why I'm in the dark about how the coach have failed to set up some kind of plan for it. The offensive issues. That's just... Wow.

Quote:

Living on the buzz of last night I'll try and put a positive spin on this. Seeing as Lars Eller will be a top 9-player if he's on the team - might as well give him some quality players around him if he's to succeed. Right? Right... ?

Old
02-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Robidas, Goligoski, Daley, Larsen, Dillon, Rome, Benn... I mean everybody knew that would be the problem. That's why I'm in the dark about how the coach have failed to set up some kind of plan for it. The offensive issues. That's just... Wow.

Living on the buzz of last night I'll try and put a positive spin on this. Seeing as Lars Eller will be a top 9-player if he's on the team - might as well give him some quality players around him if he's to succeed. Right? Right... ?
Just looked at the Montreal forum and a lot of fans wants to keep him on first line to see if he can keep it up! So we hope hope hope for Eller to convince them now!

Old
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Bank

OR... Last night gave some team the evidence of Eller's potential so maybe he might have remove some of the question marks. Could he give some more samples of his talent, he looks more like a looser of the numbers game than a spare piece. That could increase the interest of some teams looking to roll the dice on Eller.

So once MaxPac's back maybe Eller gets traded to a team with with at hole or two to fill. Maybe in a package with a d-man.

Haven't though this through but some candidates:

- Columbus looking to reorganize their talent pool. Some thing like Eller and Weber for JAM/Calvert/Atkinson and Savard.
- San Jose looking to improve their third line a cup run via pick. He's beats a usual rental by being young and signed for another year(And RFA). Still Montreal might swap him for a fourth liner and a pick. Desjardins/Sheppard/Handzus and a 2nd? Montreal gets a 2nd for at spare. San Jose gets an upgrade now and in the future(Long term possibility as a piece in a quick rebuild once their window goes down and Coture, Burns and Vlasic is still in their best age).
- If Philly blows it up it must somehow be possible.
- Washington see Philly
- Phoenix because Eller fits Tippett perfectly IMO. Sullivan and Doan ain't lasting forever. Can't spend any money. Kinda gotta set up replacements from within. Defensive prospect all over the place. Bright future yet competing currently. Lars Eller fits both bills.
- NYR's got a hole at 3C
- Chicago ditto
- Calgary's got holes all over the place
- Tampa Bay's playing a defensively responsible kinda hockey and isn't stacked with sure fire top 6 players. If the current winger transition continues to go well a spot next to Conacher the next 5 to 10 years. Jauza. If not a solid 3C is always handy. Tampa Bay is in a position where they can afford to exchange a 2nd or a 3rd for a young semi-proven forward.
- As a piece of a Detroit rebuild perhaps?
- Anaheim looking for a stop gap that can slide to 3C when Holland's ready.
- Colorado flipping Ryan O'Reilly for Lars Eller? Montreal can take the risk. Colorado might not garner the best offers on a contract hog.

With a little imagination Eller could go anywhere As long as teams see potential for offense ability and prove of defensive ability

Last edited by Bank: 02-03-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Lack of Holland
Old
02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Justinov

Quote:
OR... Last night gave some team the evidence of Eller's potential so maybe he might have remove some of the question marks. Could he give some more samples of his talent, he looks more like a looser of the numbers game than a spare piece. That could increase the interest of some teams looking to roll the dice on Eller.

So once MaxPac's back maybe Eller gets traded to a team with with at hole or two to fill. Maybe in a package with a d-man.

Haven't though this through but some candidates:

- Columbus looking to reorganize their talent pool. Some thing like Eller and Weber for JAM/Calvert/Atkinson and Savard.
- San Jose looking to improve their third line a cup run via pick. He's beats a usual rental by being young and signed for another year(And RFA). Still Montreal might swap him for a fourth liner and a pick. Desjardins/Sheppard/Handzus and a 2nd? Montreal gets a 2nd for at spare. San Jose gets an upgrade now and in the future(Long term possibility as a piece in a quick rebuild once their window goes down and Coture, Burns and Vlasic is still in their best age).
- If Philly blows it up it must somehow be possible.
- Washington see Philly
- Phoenix because Eller fits Tippett perfectly IMO. Sullivan and Doan ain't lasting forever. Can't spend any money. Kinda gotta set up replacements from within. Defensive prospect all over the place. Bright future yet competing currently. Lars Eller fits both bills.
- NYR's got a hole at 3C
- Chicago ditto
- Calgary's got holes all over the place
- Tampa Bay's playing a defensively responsible kinda hockey and isn't stacked with sure fire top 6 players. If the current winger transition continues to go well a spot next to Conacher the next 5 to 10 years. Jauza. If not a solid 3C is always handy. Tampa Bay is in a position where they can afford to exchange a 2nd or a 3rd for a young semi-proven forward.
- As a piece of a Detroit rebuild perhaps?
- Anaheim looking for a stop gap that can slide to 3C when he's ready.
- Colorado flipping Ryan O'Reilly for Lars Eller? Montreal can take the risk. Colorado might not garner the best offers on a contract hog.

With a little imagination Eller could go anywhere As long as teams see potential for offense ability and prove of defensive ability
After last nights game his trading stocks certainly went up, but still Montreal have one center to many, so now is maybe a good time to sell?!
Calgary might be possible since they need something now. Maybe Calgary will try to sell Iginlas for a bigger package?
Hadn't thought about Rangers....looks interesting!
Phoenix I agree is a good fit.

But its way most likely he will be traded as a 3'rd center than a top6, as you state for most teams.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Bank

Quote:
But its way most likely he will be traded as a 3'rd center than a top6, as you state for most teams.
Agreed. My starting point for every team was actually 3C - didn't make that clear enough - and then seeing if there was a chance of a promotion down the way. Or the other way around. A spot where he'd fill in until a prospect could take over and he'd slide down to 3C.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Maybe this game could be what saves him on the roster.."until next game" (he really has to streak NOW so they "have" to keep him up there). So lets cross our fingers and hope for the best....being tried at the first line with success means it's now or possibly never in Montreal! Either Eller is their man for point-production or Montreal might doghouse him rest of season with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk ready and staying respectively.
Quote:

RIGHT! The Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Eller combo was awesome

Quote:
Just looked at the Montreal forum and a lot of fans wants to keep him on first line to see if he can keep it up! So we hope hope hope for Eller to convince them now!
Ima watch the game today and have my fingers crossed all the way through

Old
02-03-2013, 01:24 PM
dklap3

^^ So Eller back on the forth line today, strange after yesterdays game. Not sure what line Regin plays today.

EDIT: Regin looks like he has no confidence at all at the moment. Good thing Frans will be on the ice in 30 minutes...

Last edited by dklap3: 02-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old
02-03-2013, 01:52 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Yup, as I wrote earlier, Regin is Invisible... He looks so deflated and lost!

It is sad to watch, I had high hopes from him.. I really think this will be his last NHL season.

Yeah it must be hard for Eller to perform as has been asked of him, and then get demoted to 4th line duties as a "reward"!

Old
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
dklap3

Quote:
Yup, as I wrote earlier, Regin is Invisible... He looks so deflated and lost!

It is sad to watch, I had high hopes from him.. I really think this will be his last NHL season.

Yeah it must be hard for Eller to perform as has been asked of him, and then get demoted to 4th line duties as a "reward"!
I haven't completely lost hope in him yet, but he sure has to step up soon. Otherwise I'm sure you're right about it being his last season.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Bank

Well... at least nobody got scratched

Old
02-03-2013, 04:24 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Eller with the least TOI of almost all Habs, only Moen, Armstrong and Gallagher had less. Not much less.
Even with Eller's 10min TOI, he still managed 3 shots, and did ok.

WOW, it's a rollercoaster with Eller... Must be dificult to handle for him. He produces 3 points in one game and this is his reward?

Geez what a reward, way to give a guy incentive !

Fransie with -2 tonight

I watched the last 7 mins of the game, when I tuned in, it was 0-0..

BANG all of a sudden it's 3-0 Devils, I must have been bad luck

Frans still played an OK game and one of the goals was on the PK.

Peter Regin, once again INVISIBLE! And the ONLY sens player to be on ice during both Habs goals. So -2 for Regin who had 13.06 TOI and nothing to show for it!

NOW I truly have lost all hope for Regin.

They are really giving it to Regin in this thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t=regin&page=2

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-04-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old
02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Eller with the least TOI of almost all Habs, only Moen, Armstrong and Gallagher had less. Not much less.
Even with Eller's 10min TOI, he still managed 3 shots, and did ok.

WOW, it's a rollercoaster with Eller... Must be dificult to handle for him. He produces 3 points in one game and this is his reward?

Geez what a reward, way to give a guy incentive !

Fransie with -2 tonight

I watched the last 7 mins of the game, when I tuned in, it was 0-0..

BANG all of a sudden it's 3-0 Devils, I must have been bad luck

Frans still played an OK game and one of the goals was on the PK.

Peter Regin, once again INVISIBLE! And the ONLY sens player to be on ice during both Habs goals. So -2 for Regin who had 13.06 TOI and nothing to show for it!

NOW I truly have lost all hope for Regin.

They are really giving it to Regin in this thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t=regin&page=2
That was one depressing danish night.
We hope for Eller to turn it around...and is awarded 4'th line (it least he seemed to do OK from what you say)!

Regin got his chance....replaced from 4'th to 2nd line and then he totally blows it. Being -2 and invisible is really not good. This was the chance where Ottawa wanted to check if he still had juice in the tank. If he is lucky he can hold his 4'th line spot and grind from there. But it's importent also to remember how little hockey he actually has played these last years. Probably he (sub- or wholly)conciously worry about his shoulder and that affects his overall focus??

Even Frans Nielsen with -2....that doesn't happen very often. NYI maybe blew a big chance for a playoff spot there. NJ just lost big time and had back to back matches meeting a rested NYI with home-ice advantage.

We certainly have rollercoster up and downs on this forum!

Old
02-04-2013, 09:52 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
That was one depressing danish night.
We hope for Eller to turn it around...and is awarded 4'th line (it least he seemed to do OK from what you say)!

Regin got his chance....replaced from 4'th to 2nd line and then he totally blows it. Being -2 and invisible is really not good. This was the chance where Ottawa wanted to check if he still had juice in the tank. If he is lucky he can hold his 4'th line spot and grind from there. But it's importent also to remember how little hockey he actually has played these last years. Probably he (sub- or wholly)conciously worry about his shoulder and that affects his overall focus??

Even Frans Nielsen with -2....that doesn't happen very often. NYI maybe blew a big chance for a playoff spot there. NJ just lost big time and had back to back matches meeting a rested NYI with home-ice advantage.

We certainly have rollercoster up and downs on this forum!
Tell me about it

I just gave the Habs forum my2cents I REALLY want him to get away!

Yeah Regin is done for! it's so sad the way they are bashing him...

Well Nielsen played an OK game, he was just unlucky, and so were the Islanders of what I saw.

Quote:
Holy Christ!

The bipolarism on this forum when it comes to Eller & DD

Seriously you guys complain you want him to perform, he performs then gets demoted for it? And almost plays the least minutes of all players but still get's off 3 shots.

I don't understand that some of you can still defend being so negative towards Eller.

I WISH he would ask for a trade, and then rub it in your faces next season

Ima piss some of you guys of now, but so be it

What is it you guys want from him? He has IMO proven he is more than capable to play 3rd line duties both offensively and defensively? So if that's the case I don't understand people saying he hasn't proven himself?

If you guys want him to prove more, he needs to be given more responsibility and TOI, nothing else makes sense??
He hasn't been given that on a large scale.. the times he has, he doesn't get rewarded for it.

SO what is it you want from him?

Be glad that he is danish!!! Danes tend not to complain and always do what they are told..
No one would stand for such a treatment, only a dane!

Seriously make up your minds about him or trade him!

Poor kid is being bashed in the media, by fans and staff... WTF it's like bullying on a grand scale!

You guys are NOT making friends in the danish hockey community right now!

Old
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Justinov

Ottawa are calling Stepháne da Costa up from AHL (will make the french happy), which means someone is bound to go down!
Probably (and most likely) either Regin (or Daugavins), unless they are planning a trade.
Wont be O´Brian or Condra since they have produced. Zack Smith and Coling Greening has been really good (Al-bank liga helped them gain form).
Yep that really doesn't look good, so instead of risking his shoulder bashing away in AHL; it's very likely trade or going to Europe recovering form.

So who will want Regin (betting on a shoulder injured player obviously not in form?).
Maybe a center desperate Calgary..?

Actually for Ottawa to loan him to Europe would be a good idea if he wasn't on a one-year contract so they have nothing much to win financially from it (unless it's a money strong KHL club?).

Old
02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Ottawa are calling Stepháne da Costa up from AHL (will make the french happy), which means someone is bound to go down!
Probably (and most likely) either Regin (or Daugavins), unless they are planning a trade.
Wont be O´Brian or Condra since they have produced. Zack Smith and Coling Greening has been really good (Al-bank liga helped them gain form).
Yep that really doesn't look good, so instead of risking his shoulder bashing away in AHL; it's very likely trade or going to Europe recovering form.

So who will want Regin (betting on a shoulder injured player obviously not in form?).
Maybe a center desperate Calgary..?

Actually for Ottawa to loan him to Europe would be a good idea if he wasn't on a one-year contract so they have nothing much to win financially from it (unless it's a money strong KHL club?).
Yeah, saw that Worst thing about that, I absolutely can't STAND Da Costa!

I think Regin is suffering from that shoulder injury, he is capable of more! I also think he is holding back. He is in a twist

I don't think Any club would want him... I think the best choice for him is to go to a not so physical league in Europe! So no SM Liiga...

Maybe SEL or KHL? Why not NLA? A vastly underrated league!

Old
02-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Justinov

I got a wild idea.

Ottawa should loan Regin to Dinamo Riga in KHL - they are struggling and has huge center problems. They could get more loan money than from other european leagues. If Regin does well they can call him back in case in injury or in the playoffs. If not he is out of their hair, and then Riga can see if they want to keep him.

If they are generous they could even send him to Vojens now to play the olympic qualification to see if some succes will boost his confidence?!

Maybe both Regin and Daugavins should go to Dinamo Riga instead of fooling around as 4'th liners!

Last edited by Justinov: 02-04-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old
02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I got a wild idea.

Ottawa should loan Regin to Dinamo Riga in KHL - they are struggling and has huge center problems. They could get more loan money than from other european leagues. If Regin does well they can call him back in case in injury or in the playoffs. If not he is out of their hair, and then Riga can see if they want to keep him.

If they are generous they could even send him to Vojens now to play the olympic qualification to see if some succes will boost his confidence?!
I watch the KHL, but I don't know much about the teams.. Would be fun to have a guy in Latvia though Could be a star and a spy You know with all the Latvian national players on the Riga team, and us often playing Latvia

To that last part, YES YES YES, im so on for that idea

Old
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Sorry but i really think you guys are jumping the gun way too early on the Danes. It's like 1 good game and then they're on a roll, 1 bad game and then they're done in the NHL and should go to Europe. Seriously?

Regin has the talent, no doubt. He has shown this before. He's been out with injuries for like forever. He's been solid in the games i've seen with him, where he has been playing bottom line duties. Okay then he doesn't immediately grap the chance when hes put on the 2nd line. But take it easy, it's only 11 games into the season, and he's not even into game shape yet.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:14 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Sorry but i really think you guys are jumping the gun way too early on the Danes. It's like 1 good game and then they're on a roll, 1 bad game and then they're done in the NHL and should go to Europe. Seriously?

Regin has the talent, no doubt. He has shown this before. He's been out with injuries for like forever. He's been solid in the games i've seen with him, where he has been playing bottom line duties. Okay then he doesn't immediately grap the chance when hes put on the 2nd line. But take it easy, it's only 11 games into the season, and he's not even into game shape yet.
The only player we are "jumping" the gun with is Regin, and im sorry but he is god awful.... I think ALLOT of Senator fans would agree.

And also, yes he has the potential and what not! But this is the NHL, and patience is one thing they don't have.

And yeah, the whole point is to kinda evaluate after each game.. Taking the temp..

But we also say that all but Regin has a future in the NHL.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Bank

Quote:
NYI maybe blew a big chance for a playoff spot there. NJ just lost big time and had back to back matches meeting a rested NYI with home-ice advantage.
Game 8 - Easy now

Philip Larsen update. Good news. Jordie Benn got send down to the AHL. I think GM Joe Nieuwendyk has had a stroke of genius and found a way to bind coach Gulutzan's hands. Finally he realized had to take action to secure the right players play. Three of the eight d-men have a two-way contract - and the other two Dillon and Oleksiak ain't going nowhere. So off goes Jordie Benn.

Now there's seven d-men: The three vets(Daley, Robidas and Goligoski), the sophomore(Philip Larsen), the two rookies(Dillon and Oleksiak) and the spare/stop-gap(Rome). Someone gets scratched. Da-da-daaaaaa... Odds got better.

The signal value is clear. Gulutzan has used Benn in almost every game. Some times he's done well. Some times he's been horrible. Now Nieuwendyk is starting to take away Gulutzans toys. A step toward the firing Philip desperate need and a step towards ice time.

Gulutzan will have to respond to this tonight. Either he plays Rome or Philip Larsen. Who'd D #6 and #7? No word on his pick yet...

Otherwise I'm taking the happy-go-lucky-route: Jannik will get a goal, Boedker a point and Philip will not be scratched. Make it happen!

Old
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

Actually it's not because he played one bad game or one good...it's more because of his shoulder that makes him a constant questionsmark. The reason why we are jumping the gun NOW is the news they have called up da Costa......so who will go down/away?
Regin hasn't been good since early last season (since injured he hasn't played alot). Ottawa has actually been very patient and generous to Regin (giving him a one-year extension) because they know he has the talent. But they cant wait forever for him to deliver. So I think that they either try to trade him or find him a place where he can get some form back.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Game 8 - Easy now

Philip Larsen update. Good news. Jordie Benn got send down to the AHL. I think GM Joe Nieuwendyk has had a stroke of genius and found a way to bind coach Gulutzan's hands. Finally he realized had to take action to secure the right players play. Three of the eight d-men have a two-way contract - and the other two Dillon and Oleksiak ain't going nowhere. So off goes Jordie Benn.

Now there's seven d-men: The three vets(Daley, Robidas and Goligoski), the sophomore(Philip Larsen), the two rookies(Dillon and Oleksiak) and the spare/stop-gap(Rome). Someone gets scratched. Da-da-daaaaaa... Odds got better.

The signal value is clear. Gulutzan has used Benn in almost every game. Some times he's done well. Some times he's been horrible. Now Nieuwendyk is starting to take away Gulutzans toys. A step toward the firing Philip desperate need and a step towards ice time.

Gulutzan will have to respond to this tonight. Either he plays Rome or Philip Larsen. Who'd D #6 and #7? No word on his pick yet...

Otherwise I'm taking the happy-go-lucky-route: Jannik will get a goal, Boedker a point and Philip will not be scratched. Make it happen!
Awesome news, but how'd ya figure that out?

Before season start, I got the impression that Gulutzan liked Phil?
But come season, I was proved wrong...

Well yeah, hopefully this does it !

Im not gonna bet, everything always turns out the complete opposite when I bet..

Edit: Ill bet that no danes will post anything, and that Larsen will be benched!

Closed Thread