HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FEB 6TH Boston @ Montreal 7:30PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I never expected a start like this, but it's pretty exciting that with a win we can be in first place!

Old
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles30 View Post
Is that the same game White beat the snot out of Boychuk for going after Subban's knee?
Yes, but during an era where the habs were "softer" than the current team we have now. Habs will lose if they play the Bruins' game.

If White being on the bench makes you feel insecure, they can easily sit Armstrong who's been...disappointing, if I'm putting it nicely.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:09 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Is that the same game White beat the snot out of Boychuk for going after Subban's knee?
March 8, 2011. Pacioretty incident... White vs. Boychuk fight

Old
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I am sorry to step in your Eller discussion,

But I just wanted to make sure. Everybody talks about Division Lead. Does it mean we have no chance to grab conference lead on Wednesday?
Pittsburgh and Tampa both play Tuesday, so we won`t know anything until Wednesday morning.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Ahh Good ol' Boston. The team that brings out the habs fans insecurities. Habs will win if they stick to playing hockey. If they play Boston's game they will lose.
First time poster here. It's not related to insecurities as much as the fact that every team has to respect itself before actually winning anything. It's not about playing Boston's game or gooning it up. It's about standing up for ourselves and not having our best players being intimidated by guys like Lucic, MacDermid, McQuaid or even Ference.

Having White, Prust, Moen and Bouillon in the lineup sure as hell doesn't make us more physical than Boston. But it makes them answer for their goonery act when they try to intimidate us. A huge part of hockey is mental and involves self-respect.

That being said, I agree that Eller should not be benched for White. Armstrong comes first in the list.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
I know it's early but it's against boston and could be for the division lead...
Maybe even the Conference lead! This game will tell us a lot about the team but I'm very confident.
3 lines that can score, a very solid D squad, Price is playing great... Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
...also Moen in Glory's First GDT
Can't wait!

Old
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
shutehinside

This is when the habs come crashing back to earth after a humbling loss to the Bruins after we get beat up on the scoreboard and on the ice.
It was nice while it lasted.

Boston 7, Montreal 0 with 2 Montreal top 6 players on IR after the game.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:22 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

White should be back in and scratch Armstrong.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yes, but during an era where the habs were "softer" than the current team we have now. Habs will lose if they play the Bruins' game.

If White being on the bench makes you feel insecure, they can easily sit Armstrong who's been...disappointing, if I'm putting it nicely.
I love the way debating the use of our 11-12-13th forwards makes me insecure...

My opinion actually has very little to do with White's fighting ability - I agree that you don't want to get into a slugfest with Boston. My problem is that I see Eller having a hard time matching up against Campbell, and I see him morphing into "bad Eller" and taking O zone hooking penalties.

Having Eller play wing on the 4th could work, and then as I mentioned in an earlier post you can switch him with Prust every once in a while when the situation calls for it.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:28 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
This is when the habs come crashing back to earth after a humbling loss to the Bruins after we get beat up on the scoreboard and on the ice.

You are trolling or what?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

Reverse jinx?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
If we are winning, chances are there'll be injuries to follow.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
First time poster here. It's not related to insecurities as much as the fact that every team has to respect itself before actually winning anything. It's not about playing Boston's game or gooning it up. It's about standing up for ourselves and not having our best players being intimidated by guys like Lucic, MacDermid, McQuaid or even Ference.

Having White, Prust, Moen and Bouillon in the lineup sure as hell doesn't make us more physical than Boston. But it makes them answer for their goonery act when they try to intimidate us. A huge part of hockey is mental and involves self-respect.

That being said, I agree that Eller should not be benched for White. Armstrong comes first in the list.
Welcome!

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I think there's way too much talk about Boston's 'intimidation' of other teams. The Habs don't seem to notice it and the reality on the ice is that the two teams always play very tight and close games. Win or lose, Montreal rarely gets out-hit, out-played, out-muscled or out-anything by Boston. I can't remember a game against them that was decided by intimidation.

That said, I agree that White is in, Armstrong is out.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If we are winning, chances are there'll be injuries to follow.
How is a win going to get us more injuries than a loss? I fail to see the logic there. There sure will be bruises as it probably will be quite a physical game. But injuries? Could happen against any team, really. We just have to make sure it doesn't escalate to the point where we're being abused.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Welcome!

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I think there's way too much talk about Boston's 'intimidation' of other teams. The Habs don't seem to notice it and the reality on the ice is that the two teams always play very tight and close games. Win or lose, Montreal rarely gets out-hit, out-played, out-muscled or out-anything by Boston. I can't remember a game against them that was decided by intimidation.

That said, I agree that White is in, Armstrong is out.
Thanks. I personally think the Chara hit on Pacioretty and the game that followed it (I think we lost it 5-1 at the time) helped Boston quite a bit mentally. At the time, our players decided to give up, and Boston showed character through adversity. We didn't respect ourselves, and let's get real, without Cammalleri's 10 points in 7 games and Price great first games, we didn't control that series.

But I can see where you're coming from and I respect your opinion. I just have another point of view on how we have to stand up for ourselves. We can't let the Bruins hit Markov, Pacioretty and Subban and not react.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
How is a win going to get us more injuries than a loss?
We aint playing the Panthers here.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
We aint playing the Panthers here.
Yeah... I'd still like to hear how a win would get us more injuries than a loss?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Yeah... I'd still like to hear how a win would get us more injuries than a loss?
I imagine the logic behind that statement is that the Bruins tend to goon it up once they are losing.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Beendair Donedat

At some point there has to be a line drawn in the sand and the Habs say enough. Buffalo brought in John Scott to do that and after he took care of Thornton you could tell the Bruins were intimidated. Now we've got Prust, Moen, White, and Bouillon and that's not bad... But I'd like a designated tough guy ala Steve MacIntyre, that will take care of business. Even a Ryane Clowe type would be a big help.

Either way this could be a statement game and I look forward to seeing how the Habs play and respond to the Bruins.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
At some point there has to be a line drawn in the sand and the Habs say enough. Buffalo brought in John Scott to do that and after he took care of Thornton you could tell the Bruins were intimidated. Now we've got Prust, Moen, White, and Bouillon and that's not bad... But I'd like a designated tough guy ala Steve MacIntyre, that will take care of business. Even a Ryane Clowe type would be a big help.

Either way this could be a statement game and I look forward to seeing how the Habs play and respond to the Bruins.
Ryane Clowe is one of my favorites player in the game. Can do it all, experienced player who can drop the gloves with the best of them. Great net presence on the PP, and is an absolute pain to play against as a defenseman. Definitely my #1 target this summer along with his teammate Doug Murray. We lack a big body back there to clean the front of the net.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Beendair Donedat

I hear you loud and clear, he'd be my first priority as a UFA, but I'm sure he'll be getting a ton of calls and offers.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Andy

Quote:

My opinion actually has very little to do with White's fighting ability - I agree that you don't want to get into a slugfest with Boston. My problem is that I see Eller having a hard time matching up against Campbell, and I see him morphing into "bad Eller" and taking O zone hooking penalties.

Having Eller play wing on the 4th could work, and then as I mentioned in an earlier post you can switch him with Prust every once in a while when the situation calls for it.
Why would Eller have a hard time matching up against Campbell? He hasn't in the past. He didn't even have trouble doing so when he played against the Bruins in the playoffs in his rookie year. You're just making things up.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Habaddict

Quote:

Are actually referring to Eller as one of 11, 12, or 13th forward ?

Old
02-04-2013, 12:08 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I hear you loud and clear, he'd be my first priority as a UFA, but I'm sure he'll be getting a ton of calls and offers.
We did it with Cole, we did it with Prust... let's do it with Clowe

Old
02-04-2013, 12:08 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You are trolling or what?
No

Quote:
Reverse jinx?
Yes, but is it really a RJ if you say it is. Hope you're happy now, a Habs loss will be on your conscience for calling me out on my RJ

Closed Thread