Notices

Who will Minnesota trade?

Old
07-02-2006, 10:48 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Who will Minnesota trade?

Rumors are abound that Minnesota might make a trade.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Wild Thing

You've got exactly 2,700 posts now. Or did you know that already?

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Wild Thing

300 more and you'll have exactly 3,000. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Old
07-02-2006, 11:17 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

You're just making discussion. I would had more if I didn't switch accounts ...

But yes, I think Dupuis will soon be in another uniform.

Old
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Wild Thing

298 to go now. But I know, I know. You knew that already.

Dupuis is probably gone. I don't know who wants him, but it's a certainty that he's available. Doug will be looking for a prospect in return, maybe a draft choice. Some asset that won't count against the cap.

In addition to Dupuis, I suppose Veilleux would be available, but I don't think Doug is actively looking to move him. They see him as the successor to Walz, and I think that's a good role for him. He played well last year for a rookie, especially toward the end. I don't understand why people are so down on him. He is what he is, and he does what they ask him to do. It takes a year or two to for most guys learn how to play at this level. Let's see how he does this season before we write him off.

I'd have to say Dupuis is the guy Doug's most likely to be shopping around. There are several other guys he'd move if someone calls about them, but Pascal is probably the best trade bait he's got right now.

Old
07-02-2006, 11:30 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Not much we can get for Dupuis. Second tier prospect at most and a 4th to 5th rounder if a draft pick. We also could see a defenseman or two moved.

Old
07-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo View Post
Not much we can get for Dupuis. Second tier prospect at most and a 4th to 5th rounder if a draft pick. We also could see a defenseman or two moved.
I don't think Doug's going to be too quick to move a D until he sees what happens in training camp. We have enough defensemen, but we don't exactly have a surplus of NHL-ready guys. I think we're more likely to do some trading in October, after all the teams have had a chance to evaluate what they have to work with and can assess their needs and what they're willing to give up in order to meet them. Chances are good that someone, somewhere, is counting on some prospect to step up and crack the roster, and that kid will have a weak camp. And the GM who was counting on him to provide some offense will suddenly start to think that Dupuis might be a good option after all. And bingo - we clear a roster spot and some cap space, and get a draft pick or some help for Houston. I think that's more likely than any mid-summer trades.

But, who knows? Anything can happen. One way or another, I seriously doubt Dupuis finishes the season here, unless he absolutely catches fire in September.

Old
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Wild Bill

Where are these rumors coming from?

BTW probably not gonna be getting too much for Dupoop. I wouldn't mind a depth defensemen or something.

Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 02:04 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Burns to Vancouver for a new back-up Cloutier.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi View Post
Burns to Vancouver for a new back-up Cloutier.
Wow, I haven't had a laugh like that in a while, Thanks

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
I don't think Doug's going to be too quick to move a D until he sees what happens in training camp. We have enough defensemen, but we don't exactly have a surplus of NHL-ready guys. I think we're more likely to do some trading in October, after all the teams have had a chance to evaluate what they have to work with and can assess their needs and what they're willing to give up in order to meet them. Chances are good that someone, somewhere, is counting on some prospect to step up and crack the roster, and that kid will have a weak camp. And the GM who was counting on him to provide some offense will suddenly start to think that Dupuis might be a good option after all. And bingo - we clear a roster spot and some cap space, and get a draft pick or some help for Houston. I think that's more likely than any mid-summer trades.

But, who knows? Anything can happen. One way or another, I seriously doubt Dupuis finishes the season here, unless he absolutely catches fire in September.

he caught fire in the preseason last year and didnt do squat afterwards.

I bet dupuis has value tho, he is a speedy two way player with a heavy shot. He did put up 47 points a few years ago when he was in more of a scoring role, so there is offensive upside there.

but ya, really there isnt anyone that I can think of that has trade value, unless someone from houston is being sought after.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:06 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post

but ya, really there isnt anyone that I can think of that has trade value, unless someone from houston is being sought after.
Gaborik has trade value...

*runs*

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote