HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Game 9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Feb 3rd, 2pm | Marty Straka's Hijacking Makeshift GDT

Old
02-04-2013, 07:34 AM
starling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post

Ouch.
Lol I know this girl

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Jacket fan here in peace.

Sorry to see the officials jobbed you last night, but don't feel alone. Many of you may have seen almost an identical play in which we had a goal taken away against Chicago on a phantom goalie interference call. Your hosing could be considered worse since we did not get a penalty out of it. Our call cost us at least a point since we lost by one goal also.

This is really baffling me because there is no consistency in these calls. It would be one thing if the league had instructed the refs to call these but the bevy of no calls seems to dispel that option. In our first game against the Wings, a Detroit player clearly had his skate tangled with our goalies skate hindering his lateral movement, and sure enough the Wings scored, and interference was not called.

Anyway, we feel your pain. Good luck the rest of the way. You guys were a great story last year, and it was good to see.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
BigZKingK

If we are to miss the playoff i hope we at least finish bottom 6 or win the lotto One of

Jones
Mackinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan

Would be sweet...
Jones-Karlson
Cowen-Ceci

I know it`s only a 2 game losing streak but i would not mind a high draft pic in this half season full of injury

BigZKingK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Just saw the highlights and I've gotta say that the waived-off second goal for goaltender interference on Silfverberg's behalf was an absolute disgrace.

It wasn't just technically wrong and an awful 3rd period call that ultimately had a huge outcome on the result, it smacked of partiality.

Saw two 3rd period calls yesterday (in separate games) that were just across-the-board wrong at a critical juncture and ultimately had a huge impact on the game's outcome. That's not the ref's role to wield that power and effect the outcome to that degree.

Dunno if the league is concerned about this...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Orr123

I must say -- random note. I am impressed with the team being so respectful of the ****** ass officiating. It shows a WHOLE lot of class.

But again, this year the officiating has been exponentially awful, it NEEDS to be addressed! (and the worst thing is, it won't)

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Bazel5

Kerry Fraser weighs in on the disallowed goal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415224

Quote:
As the shot came toward the goal, Silfverberg turned with the shot resulting in incidental contact between himself and Carey Price. The contact was initiated more by Carey Price than the actions of Silfverberg. Rule 69.1 supports this decision where it states, "Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."

Bazel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

LOL Kerry says luckily the ref did not call pass interference.
LOL

02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
General Granny*

WOW a ref backing up a ref on a botched call everyone agrees with wow color me surprised.

If the ref shanked Silfverberg, Fraser will still back him and would insist that that Silfverbergs pool of blood caused a hazardous enviroment and issued a 5on3 for Montreal.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Bazel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
WOW a ref backing up a ref on a botched call everyone agrees with wow color me surprised.

If the ref shanked Silfverberg, Fraser will still back him and would insist that that Silfverbergs pool of blood caused a hazardous enviroment and issued a 5on3 for Montreal.
I think you need to read it again.

Bazel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:

Maybe I'm reading the quote wrong but it seems to me that Kerry is disagreeing with the ref by saying the goal should be allowed.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Smash88

vCash: 50
Quote:

He disagrees with the Ref on both the Plekanec call and the Silfverberg call..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:

Fraser said the ref ****ed up on both Plekanec's and Silfverberg's goalie interference penalties.

02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Larionov

The worst part is that the NHL treats its paying customers like morons. They will refuse to publicly acknowledge the obvious, i.e. that Pochmara blew the call. They think they are somehow protecting him by doing that, but all they do is make themselves look like fools. Own up to it, apologize, and learn from it. That's what responsible grownups do.

Then again, this is a league that refuses to tell the fans about player injuries, instead insulting our intelligence with "upper body" and "lower body" injuries. I don't think it is a coincidence that the NFL, the most successful pro sports league on the planet, at least treats its customers like grownups, admitting to blown calls, providing full injury reports, etc.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:

lol....

Emerica is online now   Reply With Quote