HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 2: It's not how big you are...

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
Anyone who doesn't have nuge on the top line for next season is taking crazy pills.

He's got 5 points in 8 games, playing unsheltered minutes and only has 2 EV GA.

He's actually have the best 2nd year season as a center since Crosby/Malkin.
No 2nd year centerman has put up more than 51 points over an 82 game schedule?

He may be playing against good opposition, but he's being sent out almost exclusively in offensive situations. Players tend to look better when they start all their shifts 200' from their own net. I agree though, Nuge is our #1C now and for the foreseeable future.

02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Teams across the league are dealing with injuries and the Wild are sitting a healthy Darrell Powe. Wonder how many calls are being made to the Wild.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:24 PM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I can see Buffalo making a move because Vanek is having an MVP worthy season but the Sabres aren't in the playoffs.

I can see Myers being moved as well.
Myers might not be having the best season but you would have to think he would return a superstar back the other way.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:27 PM
tv14

What about a Whintey for Douglas Murray swap? Both are UFAs and Murray would give us another big bruiser back there. Would a Murray-Fistric pairing be too slow? They would be terrible to play against though. Insert Potter into the line-up over Fistric for speedier teams.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:28 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
No 2nd year centerman has put up more than 51 points over an 82 game schedule?

He may be playing against good opposition, but he's being sent out almost exclusively in offensive situations. Players tend to look better when they start all their shifts 200' from their own net. I agree though, Nuge is our #1C now and for the foreseeable future.
Well that would be incorrect because Couture had 56 or 65 depending when you count his rookie year. I'd think maybe it is best for a guy that played the year after being drated, but then Malkin doesn't count.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
oil4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
What about a Whintey for Douglas Murray swap? Both are UFAs and Murray would give us another big bruiser back there. Would a Murray-Fistric pairing be too slow? They would be terrible to play against though. Insert Potter into the line-up over Fistric for speedier teams.
I was just thinking the exact same thing this morning. Don't know if SJ would make that move though.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4thecup View Post
I was just thinking the exact same thing this morning. Don't know if SJ would make that move though.
Murray is currently ranked 7th on the Sharks for TOI/G for dmen (hes played all games but Demers has played 1 and Irwin 7), so he clearly looks to be their 6th dman. Not sure if they would either, but maybe they would?

Old
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
If you get rid of Hemsky, Eberle is the last right shooting RW we have that is NHL quality. Pitlick is the next in line. We can't be a team full of left handed shots.
I'm not talking about the entire team, just the second line so Yakupov can move back to his natural position on the right side, while balancing out the 2nd line with more size and physicality.

A left winger(who is not a converted right winger) makes the most sense in that respect.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
backhandsauce

Rupp to Minny.

Another big mean guy in the NW.

Rupp would have been great here.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Teams across the league are dealing with injuries and the Wild are sitting a healthy Darrell Powe. Wonder how many calls are being made to the Wild.
Well than, any other players you want to speculate about

02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
scid14

Quote:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

NYR trade Mike Rupp to MIN for Nick Palmieri

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Sorry, forgot to include Darrell Powe in that trade tweet. Powe and Palmieri for Rupp. Palmieri going to CT.

Apparently at least the Rangers haha. Now speculate about something else!

Old
02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
I'm not talking about the entire team, just the second line so Yakupov can move back to his natural position on the right side, while balancing out the 2nd line with more size and physicality.

A left winger(who is not a converted right winger) makes the most sense in that respect.
Right, but I think Neilio's point is in regard to the overall lack of RH shooting forwards. Right now we only have 3 (Gagner, Eberle, Hemsky). Replacing Hemsky with a LW (presumably a LHS) means there are only 2 in the entire lineup. That might not hurt the 2nd line, but it does affect the team as a whole, and the options available to Kreuger, on the powerplay in particular.

It would be nice if Gagner wasn't the only RH centerman we had though.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Right, but I think Neilio's point is in regard to the overall lack of RH shooting forwards. Right now we only have 3 (Gagner, Eberle, Hemsky). Replacing Hemsky with a LW (presumably a LHS) means there are only 2 in the entire lineup. That might not hurt the 2nd line, but it does affect the team as a whole, and the options available to Kreuger, on the powerplay in particular.

It would be nice if Gagner wasn't the only RH centerman we had though.
I'd rather see the team struggle with too many left handed shots than an unbalanced and soft top 6 compounded with players uncomfortable while playing out of position.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Myers might not be having the best season but you would have to think he would return a superstar back the other way.
Normally I would agree with you but he's been horrific this year after taking a step back last year from his rookie year.

Don't want to call him another Cam Barker, but he's not performing well.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Well than, any other players you want to speculate about
Big all-around d-man to Edmonton

Old
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
I'd rather see the team struggle with too many left handed shots than an unbalanced and soft top 6 compounded with players uncomfortable while playing out of position.
I don't care if Hemsky is traded for a big top six LW. But we better have a bigger deal going on that at least gives us a bottom 6 RH RW.

Everyone who is an option on RW outside of Eberle and Hemsky are playing out of position there. Jones, Harti, Petrel, Hordi, PRV have all spent time on RW. All are natural left wingers. There is no help on the way for the right wing. Pitlick doesn't look like he'll make it, and after that we have to wait for college kids to work their way up the ranks.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
I don't care if Hemsky is traded for a big top six LW. But we better have a bigger deal going on that at least gives us a bottom 6 RH RW.

Everyone who is an option on RW outside of Eberle and Hemsky are playing out of position there. Jones, Harti, Petrel, Hordi, PRV have all spent time on RW. All are natural left wingers. There is no help on the way for the right wing. Pitlick doesn't look like he'll make it, and after that we have to wait for college kids to work their way up the ranks.
Bottom sixers don't cost that much to aquire, the Oilers just never make an effort to aquire any. More concerned with the immediate and near future balance of the top 6 than the long term right wing depth.

You are worrying about an issue that effects more than just the RW position anyways, depth throughout the organization at all position is fairly poor.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:

Proposed this on the main trade boards but no one has really commented on it.

To Edm: Foligno+Dorsett
To Clb: Hemsky+Hordichuk or Petrell

I know Foligno isn't exactly the PWF were all searching for but I think he would bring a nice balance to our 2nd line and allow Yakupov to move over to the right side. Also his salary wouldn't handcuff the team in resigning the kids. Dorsett brings an agitating in your face game to the bottom 6. Something we are sorely lacking.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post

I know Foligno isn't exactly the PWF were all searching for but I think he would bring a nice balance to our 2nd line and allow Yakupov to move over to the right side. Also his salary wouldn't handcuff the team in resigning the kids. Dorsett brings an agitating in your face game to the bottom 6. Something we are sorely lacking.
I don't see CBJ moving Foligno right now. He's young has a reasonable contract at 3mil a year right now and he has potential to be a physical 50 point player.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
joestevens29

As for Matt Kassian, his future may also be elsewhere at this point. He’s being scratched in his ninth consecutive game tonight. At some point, the Wild either needs to move him or put him on waivers to give him a chance at being claimed elsewhere. He deserves it. He’s a good soldier, a great character guy, etc.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/189702401.html

Old
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
misfit

Since when are 4th line enforcers owed more than a spot in the PB? Kassian should be greatful for any icetime he gets in a season.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Since when are 4th line enforcers owed more than a spot in the PB? He should be greatful for any icetime he gets in a season.
While I agree, there really is no reason to be giving guys like him a two year deal either. Makes no sense with this 3 minute warriors.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
I don't see CBJ moving Foligno right now. He's young has a reasonable contract at 3mil a year right now and he has potential to be a physical 50 point player.
Haha, the exact reason I'd like to see him on this team.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Haha, the exact reason I'd like to see him on this team.
You and the fans of 29 other teams.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:

Theres no reason for Columbus to do this.

Closed Thread