HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jonathan Quick allows 2 goals on 3 shots

Old
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Daz28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak View Post
Numbers can be very misleading, especially in small sample sizes. Wtf are you blabbering about?
When you win a Conn Smythe, and then the next year, after a back surgery, you're 40th in sv%, it's gonna raise some eyebrows even if it's only 15% into the season.

...so maybe the balbberer is the balberee...

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Shellz

Poor Quick.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Do you actually have anything rational to say? The numbers don't lie...get over yourself.
Perhaps I should post more irrational and inane statements such as yours and take shootouts into account of a goaltenders horrible performance. Thanks for your contributions.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
HavlatMach9

Has he had a bounce back game yet where his type of goalies get a shutout?

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Has he had a bounce back game yet where his type of goalies get a shutout?
No, his last game is the thread title. Let in 2 of first 3 shots, and pulled 5 minutes into the game. Usually a coach will let him try to play through it when we're talking a top 3 guy, which is why I wonder if he pulled him because he's only 90%? I can see pulling a back-up before a disaster occurs, but not Quick. Anywho's if he's not 100%, we probably won't know until the end of the season.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
No, his last game is the thread title. Let in 2 of first 3 shots, and pulled 5 minutes into the game. Usually a coach will let him try to play through it when we're talking a top 3 guy, which is why I wonder if he pulled him because he's only 90%? I can see pulling a back-up before a disaster occurs, but not Quick. Anywho's if he's not 100%, we probably won't know until the end of the season.
Sutter explained why he pulled him. The team looked flat. He said that he hated having to pull Quick but he had to wake the guys up. It worked to some degree when they came back from the two goal deficit and tied the game on three separate occasions, unfortunately Bernier wasn't much better and the PK was dreadful (for the most part due to Bernier's crappy goaltending). I think Sutter made a mistake and should have left Quick in.

But you're right that he's not 100% as it is visibly noticeable when Quick moves post-to-post. He's not springing as quickly (no pun intended) as we're used to seeing from him. He seems to react a tad bit slower than last year, but he's still had some spectacular performances, in particular against Edmonton and he also looked very good against the Canucks.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote