HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
topched

vCash: 500
Most impressive thing about Kadri right now is that he's putting up these numbers in limited minutes.

He's making every single one of his shifts count... its to the point where you don't have to look for him on the ice, because you notice he's there.

Its only up from here.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Most impressive thing about Kadri right now is that he's putting up these numbers in limited minutes.

He's making every single one of his shifts count... its to the point where you don't have to look for him on the ice, because you notice he's there.

Its only up from here.
Deserving of praise.

They have a nice line there with Frattin having the gun, Komarov getting in faces, and Kadri loading it up.

Kadri, Frattin, Kulemin all outscoring everyone in Philadelphia.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
02-01-2013, 11:39 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
I'm glad to see Kadri coming through. Had plenty of doubt myself on how far he'd go.

He's played great so far. Played well before Frattin showed up and has kept playing well. Once he can improve in the faceoff dot he'll really be a great guy to throw out there with his talent as a center.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Stephen

Kadri seems to have a weird wrist shot that seems like a sling shot. He gets a ton of rise in a hurry the way he just whips it on net. He has a longer stick it seems which makes it very surprising.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Kadri seems to have a weird wrist shot that seems like a sling shot. He gets a ton of rise in a hurry the way he just whips it on net. He has a longer stick it seems which makes it very surprising.
He doesn't have a great shot for a one timer but I really like his shot, he always waits for traffic to build in front of the net before he shoots.

He always gets quality shots off or finds a way to pass the puck to somebody who has a better chance.

Very poised.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
will13

I'm excited to see how he improves under the wing of Gary Roberts in the upcoming off season. Will look even more dangerous with that extra strength

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
I'm excited to see how he improves under the wing of Gary Roberts in the upcoming off season. Will look even more dangerous with that extra strength
I hope he does train under him again. Maybe Eakins comments and the media turned him off from training with him because the leafs nutritionist and Gary Roberts tell him to do different things.

Kadri is aware that Roberts' training helped him because his core is stronger.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
rumman

Quote:

Its only up from here.
although I think Kadri's played well this season, IMO he didn't look particularly good last night, he had a couple of good shifts, thats it, Frattin on the other hand, IMO does make the most of every second he plays.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
leafsfuture

^^
I agree.

This says 2 things about Naz:
1. He has the skill and talent to be a threat at any point in a game even when he is quiet
2. Kessel better start scoring because Kadri isnt going to produce at a PPG pace this season

Old
02-03-2013, 12:00 AM
meng666

robbed of a point tonight on the called back goal but a decent game.
Would have liked to see him take the body a bunch more, this game could have used somebody stirring it up. Frattin was more impressive i think; he probably deserves a thread as well.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:16 PM
hobarth

Kadri Time ?

Kadri is TO's top scorer so far in this young season and has done it with very little TOI and this is just wrong, Kessel should be our top scorer. The much talked about chemistry between Bozak and Kessel has not payed off for Kessel so far and this protracted season is a tickin'. I think it's a no brainer that Kessel and Kadri should play together to see if they can develop some chemistry. I've never understood why a team would break up a successful line for a PP and since Kadri and Kessel have been playing together sometimes on the #1 PP unit, why not play them together to develop chemistry on a line. Any chemistry they may develop would probably assist them on what's turning out to be a very anemic PP. I think that Kadri has enough ego to play properly with Phil, Bozak when he gets the puck normally looks for Kessel before he does anything, Kadri would look for the best play not only relying on Kessel which would add an unpredictability to Kessel's line that's not there now.

The lines I would like to see tonite :

1)Kessel/Kadri/Komarov-I think Komarov is much more comfortable/effective being physical than JVR

2)Kule/Grabbo/Mac-Mac is a game-time decision, they've done it before time to do it again

3)JVR/Bozak/McClement-I liked the way McClement played in the Boston game

4)Who cares
In my ideal world it would be Ashton/Colborne/Biggs-size, attitude and a smattering of skill, in time could be #3

.500 will not get TO in the playoffs so we need to be better, what a treat that would be, or considerably worse to take advantage of the upcoming draft.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

I'll think we'll see this happen. As long as Komarov is there pitching in defensively then I say yes.

The KGM line hasn't been so great lately. We'll see I they come out of it. I want to see:

McClement Grabo Kuli on the 2nd line.

Go Leafs Go!

Old
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
topched

The one thing that i think we often forget here.... is Kadri's been seeing the opposing team's worst defensive line in most cases. Where as Phil has been seeing their best.

Whatever line PK is on is the line that opposing coaches will put their best defensive guys up against. If you move him to Kadri's wing, they'll be keyed in on.

Things are rolling ok right now, get MacA back in the lineup somewhere and he might be the offensive spark we need.

Keep Kadri and Frattin together and under the radar, they're doing well with sheltered mins. Kessel has been generating a ton of chances even against the best dmen... only a matter of time before they start making it to the twine.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
paulster2626

I think we just need some better players. What we've got isn't nearly enough.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Pi

Quote:
The one thing that i think we often forget here.... is Kadri's been seeing the opposing team's worst defensive line in most cases. Where as Phil has been seeing their best.

Whatever line PK is on is the line that opposing coaches will put their best defensive guys up against. If you move him to Kadri's wing, they'll be keyed in on.

Things are rolling ok right now, get MacA back in the lineup somewhere and he might be the offensive spark we need.

Keep Kadri and Frattin together and under the radar, they're doing well with sheltered mins. Kessel has been generating a ton of chances even against the best dmen... only a matter of time before they start making it to the twine.
Kadri is 10x more creative than Bozak in his own zone though.

Bozak always looks to pass to Kessel whether he is in a good position or not. Kadri slows down the pace of the game in the offensive zone and makes great passes.

Kadri + Kessel will be a hit as long as we have guy like Kulemin, McClement, JvR on the other wing to go to the dirty areas.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Kadri, Kessel, and Komarov are all really bad on the cycle. They'd be somewhat dangerous of the rush but after the initial shot its pretty much one-and-done. I don't like it. The reason why Bozak is a good center for Kessel is because he goes into the corners and wins the puck back lots of times.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

We're not going to win putting all our offense on 1 line. My preferred lines would be...

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Kulemin - Kadri - Frattin

Mac - Grabovski - Komarov

Mcclement - Steckel - Orr

That's 3 2nd lines...

Old
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

kadri is already on our top scoring line
it's kessel who's on the lesser line

Old
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
In my ideal world it would be Ashton/Colborne/Biggs-size, attitude and a smattering of skill, in time could be #3
that's the world I one day want to live in

Old
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Honestly I would much rather try

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
McClement - Grabo - Kulemin
MacArthur/Komarov - Bozak - Frattin

Assuming Kadri can learn how to take a faceoff.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
topched

If Mac is back I might consider trying:

Komarov-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-MacA

Getting some more sustained traffic infront of the net for Kess might help, same with puck retrieval. Reunite JVR with Grabo/Kuli.

But my bet is everything stays the same... with mac back with KGM

Old
02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
bshaw

Never put grabo Mac and kule back together. It will not work like it did in the first season they did it.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
HappyGilmourr

Leave the 5 on 5 lines the way it is... Just get Phaneuf of the PP and pucks will start going in. We should have a top 10 PP in the NHL.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
hobarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Kadri is 10x more creative than Bozak in his own zone though.

Bozak always looks to pass to Kessel whether he is in a good position or not. Kadri slows down the pace of the game in the offensive zone and makes great passes.

Kadri + Kessel will be a hit as long as we have guy like Kulemin, McClement, JvR on the other wing to go to the dirty areas.
Unfortunately when was the last time you saw Kule or JVR go to the net with the puck or for that matter do something positive with the puck once they win battles against a NYR or Boston, actually did they win any battles against those teams. don't think so. I can see how Philly had become frustrated with JVR because I haven't seen him add a lot to TO's offense or defense, yet, but I'm hoping more is to come. Kule goes directly to the corner whether the puck is there or not and I've only seen him in front of the opposition's net twice this year and his results from those 2 times suggest he is successful 50% of the time.

I don't think McClement has the skill to finish plays but as a muck it up type of player he might be useful and he could relieve Kadri of his face-off responsibilities.

More than anything tho I would like this year to accomplish a ton of things:

1) Find out where Kadri fits
2) Is Reimer/Scrivens a #1 canidate
3) See if any Marlies have NHL futures
4) Team defense
5) Score on 5 on 3s
6) See if Nonis was BB's right hand man or was he really BB

Mostly I'm concerned TO might become a tweener not good enough to make the playoffs but too good to get great potential draft choices. I think we all want them to be really good but this is a year we could endure them being really bad cause the year is so short.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
DaveT83*

Sorry guys but were too small to play these experiments.

You can't have Kadri/Grabo/Kessel or any combination playing on a line together.

Closed Thread