HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Mike Richards

Old
02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
nbwingsfan

vCash: 500
Mike Richards

What's going on with Mike Richards?

I know its still early on in the season, but so far he is:
GP= 7
G= 0
A= 3
+-= -6

Last year he only had 44 points.

Is Richards really the 40-50 point player he's shown so far the last 2 years? Or will he return to the 60-70 point player he was in Philly?

I don't see enough Kings games to comment, I just know he is killing my hockey pool.

nbwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

He is extremely overrated and is a 2nd line C with mediocre offense but good defensive play

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:40 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Richards hasn't had a great start to the season, but it should also be said that a lot of what he brings to the table isn't reflected on a stat sheet.

He has been playing the point on our first PP unit (and has done quite well as of late). But the reality is, the Kings aren't a high-scoring team. They don't play that kind of system.

In a 48-game season, I see Richards getting 25-30 points.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

he had some stats pumped in PHI sistem... kings are crap at offence...they are 2 of 37 on PP... 0 goals on 5vs3 with 6:01 min of play... he is 40-50 pts player... right now he is some sort of hangover but se is going forward every game...

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:44 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

It seems like most of these players that got those 10+ year deals are getting a little fat and happy.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
RANDOMH3RO

Kings just flat out suck at scoring. I will be forever confused as to how they had the playoff run that they did.

RANDOMH3RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

If you think a defensive first guy who played all top line EV and PP minutes in a full on attack system in PHI is going to see the same production on the 2nd line in a complete 180 of a system in LA, you clearly have very little idea about how to manage your assets as a coach/GM.

Shouldn't you be happy you acquired such a guy to put your team over the top (among other additions) to win a cup?

Crescent Street is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

I have always been concerned that because the way Richie plays, he will be much less effective, much sooner compared to other players his age.

He plays the game hard, with intensity, and with physicality and grit better suited for a guy who is not 5'11, 199 lbs.

It really is a double edged sword. Those attributes make him the awesome player he is, but will also most likely be the reason why his body breaks down at a younger age.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Small sample size

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He is extremely overrated and is a 2nd line C with mediocre offense but good defensive play
About this.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
he had some stats pumped in PHI sistem... kings are crap at offence...they are 2 of 37 on PP... 0 goals on 5vs3 with 6:01 min of play... he is 40-50 pts player... right now he is some sort of hangover but se is going forward every game...
funny I'd imagine he's become used to working with a hangover by now.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
I have always been concerned that because the way Richie plays, he will be much less effective, much sooner compared to other players his age.

He plays the game hard, with intensity, and with physicality and grit better suited for a guy who is not 5'11, 199 lbs.

It really is a double edged sword. Those attributes make him the awesome player he is, but will also most likely be the reason why his body breaks down at a younger age.
This is roughly what I think. Richards is awful small to play the way he plays. Balls and determination can go a long way, but he's going to take more damage in a smaller body than he would playing the same way at 6'3. Eventually, damage is going to eclipse his compete level and he could end up getting "old" young.

Happened to Mike Peca.

Having said that, this might just be a slow start.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
What's going on with Mike Richards?
He's a late starter and 7 mos w/o hockey he's rusty. Historically, he usually doesn't come to camp as well prepared as he should condition wise.

Quote:
I know its still early on in the season, but so far he is:
GP= 7 G= 0 A= 3+-= -6
Last year he only had 44 points.
Most of the -6 came in game 1 vs Hawks, he was awful. He's getting his game back with every game and had a good game vs the Ducks.

As far as last year, he was off to the best start of his career, 11 G and 20 points in 24 game, ranked top 5 for defensive forwards in the NHL quarter seasons stats, playing great thru 11/30.
His regular season ended Dec 1 with a head injury.
Something his coach commented on post Cup ,saying he was aware of the extent of the injury when he came to the Kings and Richards didn't 'start' to fully recover to the end of March. That's all that happened.
He was great in the playoffs.
That's just the unfortunate part of sufferig a head injury, post concussion syndrome generally takes 9 mos or so to fully shake the effects.

Quote:
Is Richards really the 40-50 point player he's shown so far the last 2 years? Or will he return to the 60-70 point player he was in Philly?
His last year in Phily he played the whole season with torn cartilege and ligaments in the left wrist, that affected his game and he said by March the pain was crippling.

Philly's an offensive team with that type of system, LA isn't but Sutter has made some changes to that and mnow with Carter and Gagne on his wings, once he gets his game back (usualy in the 8 to 10 game area, which will be on this road trip) he'll do fine.

He is the only player in NHL history (NHL .com ,August 2012 article) to win championships at every level he's played out, some like Niedermeyer came close but he's the only one with all 5 (Mem Cup, Calder Cup, Stanley Cup, World Gold, Olympic Gold) That's a huge asset to the Kings...

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Richie is outstanding and he is worth way more than his point production! A lot of fans recognize this after his departure! Philies D is horrible without him and the is the real strenght of him. How many goals did he create due to neutral zone turnovers... Never saw someone else better at this...

He has grit and toughness in his game.

Philadelphia media screw us over and we are suffering now and in the future under this circumstances.... But Bryzgalov will save our *****.....

Oh man did we can change Quik, Bryzgalov and Richards (Voracek, Meszaros, Laughton and 2x 1st....) I would throw 4 or 5 1st in it.... We must get rid of Bryz and we need a Richie back!!!

now philie fans will flame me ;D

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
I don't know but I'm kinda happy I traded him.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMH3RO View Post
Kings just flat out suck at scoring. I will be forever confused as to how they had the playoff run that they did.
Jonathan Quick's 1.41 GAA and .946 Save% during that run should clear that up for you.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
Jonathan Quick's 1.41 GAA and .946 Save% during that run should clear that up for you.
That's ridiculous. Did you even watch the playoffs? The Kings were better than every team they played at every position.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Richards reminds me of Mike Peca. Physical, tough and defensively responsible with leadership characteristics who doesn't rack up points but isn't a disaster offensively.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Richards reminds me of Mike Peca. Physical, tough and defensively responsible with leadership characteristics who doesn't rack up points but isn't a disaster offensively.
Mike Richards to a T. Don't think he'll ever hit 70pts again. Probably hover around 50-60 for the next couple years and then the 40s if his body holds up.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:05 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

He sucks. Trade him back to Philly for Simmonds, Schenn and a 2nd. Pronger is out so that should help... right?

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
It's easy to say that now.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
As good as Quick was.. he didn't have to steal every series. The Kings played a very very well rounded team game.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Harder to produce in the Western Conference as well

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:12 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
Harder to produce in the Western Conference as well
Not particularly.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMH3RO View Post
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...l-goalies.html

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote