HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Regehr to Toronto

Old
02-04-2013, 03:50 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Regehr to Toronto

What would it take? there is a very good chance Morgan Reilley makes the team next year seeing as he was one of the last cuts out of camp. Problem is we don't really have a true stay at home guy that will be able to cover up his rookie mistakes since Komi is all but sure to be bought out.

That is where Regehr comes in he's always been a favorite of mine seems like a perfect fit in Caryle system and a solid vet to pair beside Reilley.

Sabres fans assuming Regehr would sign an extension with us what would he cost?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Regehr being UFA after the season and Toronto not making the playoffs, no really, why not just try for him in free agency rather than spend assets? One suspects he will be listening to offers in any case to set himself up with likely his last major contract.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:13 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Regehr being UFA after the season and Toronto not making the playoffs, no really, why not just try for him in free agency rather than spend assets? One suspects he will be listening to offers in any case to set himself up with likely his last major contract.
that is the thing the way Randy has us playing I'm starting to think this team makes the playoffs. Last year they missed because goaltending was AWFUL this yeat with the exception of 1 game goaltending has been solid

Old
02-04-2013, 07:14 AM
tsujimoto74

Don't think Regehr would waive his NTC.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Don't think Regehr would waive his NTC.
Nobody wants to leave Buffalo.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:02 AM
is the answer jesus

Regehr could potentially be moved at the deadline if the Sabres are out of it, but I doubt he's moved any time soon. I also tend to think if he did agree to be traded somewhere it probably would be to a team he viewed as a contender, which I don't really think Toronto is at this point.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:04 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Nobody wants to leave Buffalo.
Only took 4 posts to trash on the city? Must be some kind of record, so congrats.
Regehr didn't want to move his family from Calgary. He won't want to move them again now, I'm sure. And yes, plenty of players like Buffalo. There's a reason so many move back after they retire.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

I am all for it if we are a threat in the playoffs but I don't see that happening so it might just be a "Gerber" move where we just kill our pick.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Only took 4 posts to trash on the city? Must be some kind of record, so congrats.
Regehr didn't want to move his family from Calgary. He won't want to move them again now, I'm sure. And yes, plenty of players like Buffalo. There's a reason so many move back after they retire.
Honestly I saw his post and didn't even want to acknowledge it. The Maple Leafs organization is a mess if they want to make fun of Buffalo go right ahead it really is the pot calling the kettle black.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
He's in the final year of his contract so if he isn't going to re-sign in Buffalo or retire then he's going to have to relocate them. If it's in the short-term it shouldn't be a big deal either as Toronto is close to Buffalo.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:15 AM
broc

Quote:
Yeah....it's the cheapest place to get good Leafs tickets!!!
hahahahahahahaaahahahahahah!!!!!

Ahem.
I'm sorry.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Be sure to tell Robin your plans for him.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Zip15

If he'd be willing to waive his NTC--assuming it's even still in effect, because the awful Buffalo media has never bothered to ask whether the Sabres allowed him to keep it after he was traded there--I'd say he could fetch at least a 2nd and a 3rd considering that's what Oduya fetched last trade deadline. Regehr has lost two steps, but he can still play tough competition and is good on the PK. He'd be a solid fit for any team who values what he'd bring in the playoffs, but recognizes he's no longer a top-pairing defenseman.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
If he'd be willing to waive his NTC--assuming it's even still in effect, because the awful Buffalo media has never bothered to ask whether the Sabres allowed him to keep it after he was traded there--I'd say he could fetch at least a 2nd and a 3rd considering that's what Oduya fetched last trade deadline. Regehr has lost two steps, but he can still play tough competition and is good on the PK. He'd be a solid fit for any team who values what he'd bring in the playoffs, but recognizes he's no longer a top-pairing defenseman.
all we need from him is top 4

Old
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Buffalo-Toronto isn't exactly a prohibitive commute if the leafs are willing to make a few concessions

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Be sure to tell Robin your plans for him.
Who is Robin???

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
leugangen

Quote:
because it's so close to canada

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Who is Robin???
Batman's ambiguously gay sidekick.

I was under the impression that Reggie was abysmal when he got to Buffalo? Did he turn it around? If he did, I'm sure he'd love to go back to Calgary.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 50
As a Flames fan I don't see Regehr wanting to step into "Dion's locker room". After Phanuef was traded Rhett Warrener said it was partly because he and Regehr butted heads

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:40 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Who is Robin???
Robin Hood. Of Course. D'ah.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
because it's so close to canada
They are all huge Bills fans. Go Bills!

Old
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
As tmurfin said, Regehr didn't get along with Dion in the locker room, now that Dion is captain I can't imagine that it would be any better.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
As a Flames fan I don't see Regehr wanting to step into "Dion's locker room". After Phanuef was traded Rhett Warrener said it was partly because he and Regehr butted heads
Dion was the root of all evil in Calgary but his departure didn't fix much.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Dion was the root of all evil in Calgary but his departure didn't fix much.
We aren't talking about on ice, Regehr didn't like who Dion was as a person and apparently was vocal about wanting him out.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Djp

Quote:
The reason many people retire to the Buffalo area (Amherst, Clarence, etc) are because:

1. schools are very good. NY State has top 5 overal state education program.

2. The real estate is very cheap compared to other hockey towns. You can build/find your dream home in Amherst/Clarence for less than $150,000--similar homes in other cities would be 5 times as much. A negative for the state is that they have high property taxes compared to other states....other states have <1% per $1,000 value while there its around 4-5% per $1,000 value.

3. The suburbs are good area to raise your kids. You get around town without being attacked by fans. In general neighbors are friendly.

4. For Canadians you are still close to your hometown in Southern Ontario, or if there are items you want to buy its an easy trip to cross the border and get it.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote