HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
ColdSteel2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Bickell won't help you get Weiss, in my opinion.

It'll take something like Pirri, Morin, a 1st, and a conditional pick if he signs.
I think Bickell has more value than Pirri and maybe even Morin at this point. That says more about the declining value of the two prospects than anything but a legit bottom 6 NHL player signed for nothing is going to have value.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:13 PM
ColdSteel2

The physical aspect is something that is going to need to be addressed at some point, as are the faceoffs. Ideally, we can bring someone in who specializes in both.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Cullksinikers

I'd love Marcel Goc. However, if you get Goc, you are committing to Bolland as your full-time second-line center.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
ColdSteel2

I'd love to get Goc but if we had him, I would like to see him as the 4th line center and a center on a PK unit with Bolland going back to the 3rd line and Pirri and/or young cheap options we could acquire working on the 2nd line. Just give me an offensive minded center that can make plays on the 2nd line. We need offense first and foremost there and with a strong defensive center on both the 3rd and 4th line, I think we could get away with an all offense line.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Cullksinikers

Marcel Goc is very underrated. You don't acquire him to play the fourth line.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

Acquiring Goc does nothing to improve our top 6 though ,, Having Bolland as #2 C is not a fix to that as we see

Old
02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
ColdSteel2

Quote:
Marcel Goc is very underrated. You don't acquire him to play the fourth line.
We're not the right team to play him on the 3rd line though, too offensive, I don't want someone like Saad or Stalberg playing with Goc. It's not anything against his abilities, but he just doesn't do much on offense.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I know Sharp has a NMC but I could see the Hawks and Panthers moving pieces if Sharp didnt have a NMC.

Panthers get - Sharp, Stalberg, and Beach

Hawks get - Weiss, Goc, Shore

I know Weiss is a risk as he would need to sign, but I cant imagine him coming to a real hockey town, likely centering Kane and say I want to go elsewhere next year.

I think Weiss and Goc make us much better at center, and the youngster Shore is a tough two way kid who can play a power game with potential top 6 ability as well...he gets thrown in because of the risky Weiss situation.

losing Sharp would suck, but to get Weiss and Goc someone is likely going to have to be moved from our top 6 or top 4 dmen.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
ColdSteel2

I can't part with Sharp, not unless I feel like it is a deal we just can't pass up. His goal scoring is too valuable. Right now Kane and Hossa are hot but there are always times in the season where we ride Sharp to wins.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
This team, properly utilized and with no injuries, certainly has the talent to be able to make the conference finals. Maybe even further, but I think our continued lack of a 2nd line center is going to be our biggest hole going into the playoffs this year. Especially if we have to face a team like St. Louis.

I've grown a lot of faith in our defensive play and goaltending, but if we can't score, we can't win. For my money, our scoring has looked a little inconsistent even though it always seems to pull through in the end. Some golden chances and loads of power plays are just falling by the wayside. Saad is going to need to start hitting the scoresheet (he most certainly will) and no matter what happens, Kane's line should never have to play in their own zone because they've been getting pinned there.

Now more so than any time since 2010, I really do believe this team is just one piece away from being able to win it all. Given the lower cap next year, and the amnesty buyouts coming this summer, I think Bowman is hoping to poach some players who are currently slightly overpaid this summer after they get bought out or traded, so I won't be horribly mad if we don't have a 2nd line center after the trade deadline. But we're true contenders again, and we need one for next year. No more ifs, ands, or buts.
I hope you are right but I will say you are very optimistic about this team chances as it currently stands. We basically have the same team from last year and its same flaws. I hope Saad becomes that legit top 6 bull that we need, but I dont know if he does that this year but maybe by next year.

Our defense is better and I will definitely agree to that. But in a 6 or 7 game battle I just dont know if this team can pull out enough tough and gritty wins like we did in 2010 to go far.

Crawford definitely looks like a different player and maybe he helps balance out a few flaws by him just making the saves he should make each playoff game.

I just hope Bowman sees that we need some more toughness and some f/o help and tries to at least make a move or two by the deadline..

Old
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Cullksinikers

That's bad value for the Hawks.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I can't part with Sharp, not unless I feel like it is a deal we just can't pass up. His goal scoring is too valuable. Right now Kane and Hossa are hot but there are always times in the season where we ride Sharp to wins.
agree, not really saying this should happen, I just think it makes sense for these two teams to be trading partners as we both have pieces that could be moved.

Sharp is a clutch guy and someone I dont want to lose, but his salary and years left is going to be harder to move later on than now. and a guy like Weiss could really spark the offense by giving us another legit top 20 centerman who finally is playing with talent.

I am sure posters will tear that proposal up, but I think its fair and works for both teams.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
agree, not really saying this should happen, I just think it makes sense for these two teams to be trading partners as we both have pieces that could be moved.

Sharp is a clutch guy and someone I dont want to lose, but his salary and years left is going to be harder to move later on than now. and a guy like Weiss could really spark the offense by giving us another legit top 20 centerman who finally is playing with talent.

I am sure posters will tear that proposal up, but I think its fair and works for both teams.
Posters won't "tear" it up if it really was fair.

Old
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Acquiring Goc does nothing to improve our top 6 though ,, Having Bolland as #2 C is not a fix to that as we see
Our top 6 has 42 points and the rest of our team has 32 points. Why do we need to improve our top 6?

Old
ColdSteel2

We definitely need to make a few moves this T.D. If the idea was that the team wasn't good enough the last two years and therefore not worth investing in, fine, but this year, what else do you want them to do? They'll have a good record and should be rewarded with a couple good acquisitions to help get the team to where it needs to be. The coaches are working hard. The players are working hard. Time for baby BoBo to get on the horn and do some work too. It's a team effort, no slugs.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
That's bad value for the Hawks.
maybe , maybe not...

Stalberg seems to be useless to many here as his value is now back to Earth right now... Beach really wont make our team and I know Tallon loves him still. Sharp is the best player no doubt, but Weiss really gives us a dynamic 1-2 punch down the middle.

I look at it this way

Sharp > Weiss - but pretty close

Stalberg = Goc - pretty much a wash here as Goc adds more value to our team than what Stalberg can do

Beach < Shore - Shore is a talented two way power winger, who right now is easily ahead of Beach imo of overall promise and talent. needs time to develope but I think he could be a real solid 3rd liner for us next year or solid injury fill in this year if needed.

it just depends on how much you value the inconsistent Sharp or Weiss who has never really played with a ton of talent as linemates.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Illinihockey

There's nothing inconsistent about Sharp. He's produced year after year the last 5 years.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
There's nothing inconsistent about Sharp. He's produced year after year the last 5 years.
he is inconsistent in the meaning of he goes pretty invisible for stretches at a time...he certainly hits his numbers by years end, but I usually end up scratching my head trying to remember how the hell he did it, like he was a ninja!

Old
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
BobbyJet
Casual fan - Free Q

Quote:
We definitely need to make a few moves this T.D. If the idea was that the team wasn't good enough the last two years and therefore not worth investing in, fine, but this year, what else do you want them to do? They'll have a good record and should be rewarded with a couple good acquisitions to help get the team to where it needs to be. The coaches are working hard. The players are working hard. Time for baby BoBo to get on the horn and do some work too. It's a team effort, no slugs.

All the best with that. We were in much the same boat last season and look what happened (I mean didn’t happen). I honestly do think that Stan believes this team is good enough right now…. After all he added Rozy and Brookbank. And that just reeks. Sorry to be such a cynic, but Stan instils no confidence from me whatsoever.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
he is inconsistent in the meaning of he goes pretty invisible for stretches at a time...he certainly hits his numbers by years end, but I usually end up scratching my head trying to remember how the hell he did it, like he was a ninja!
He had one stretch last year when he went 5 games without a point. Other than that I couldn't find any significant stretch when he didn't score. A few 3 game stretches here and there but to say he often dissapears for stretches just isn't true.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM
ColdSteel2

Sharp has those stretches where he is just en fuego:

14G in 18 GP in the second half last year

9G in 8 GP during the first half in 2010-11; goal in 5 straight games during the second half; and another stretch of 7G in 10 GP; that's 21G in only 23 of his games

Old
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Bowman has made moves every single year at the deadline, I'm sure they'll add someone this year too. Its tough this year because you are limited to guys that are in the last year of their deals, or have multi-year deals at a low cap hit.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
ColdSteel2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
All the best with that. We were in much the same boat last season and look what happened (I mean didn’t happen). I honestly do think that Stan believes this team is good enough right now…. After all he added Rozy and Brookbank. And that just reeks. Sorry to be such a cynic, but Stan instils no confidence from me whatsoever.
Well, here is a scenario he may not have accounted for before the season. Everyone, both coaching and players is ****ing tearing it up. If this team fails, the whole thing falls on Stan.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:58 PM
ColdSteel2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Bowman has made moves every single year at the deadline, I'm sure they'll add someone this year too. Its tough this year because you are limited to guys that are in the last year of their deals, or have multi-year deals at a low cap hit.
I hear that every year. This is the dream season to make moves. Amazing FA class coming up. Cap going down. Awesome deep draft coming up too. The streets are paved in gold for Stan, as Chubbs would say, "just tap it in"

Old
02-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I hear that every year. This is the dream season to make moves. Amazing FA class coming up. Cap going down. Awesome deep draft coming up too. The streets are paved in gold for Stan, as Chubbs would say, "just tap it in"
Why is this a dream season to make moves? The Hawks are a team near the cap, they can't just add a ton of salary. Its awesome for a team like St. Louis who is near the cap floor. Its going to be hard for any team near the cap to make big moves without moving out salary as well.

Closed Thread