HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #15 - Power failure at Super Bowl (Literally)

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
With the Packers needs and Revis' situation... Him to GB makes zero sense.

As for his contract Cullk, next year: 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus). Sounds like the Niners are going to go after him hard, as well as the Broncos. I'd say the Niners have the best chips to land him. Can dangle a QB to the Jets, and giving up their first rounder isn't going to kill them like it would a lot of other teams. Not sure what Denver would add on top of their first rounder to tempt them, unless they tossed in a future 1st rounder as well.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Tramon Williams and a 2nd is cool with me.

We need another elite player on the defensive side. Woodson stopped being elite in 2011. He can only blitz and tackle and was played safety to try to cover his flaws. If the defense gets turned to average, they will be the clear-cut SB favorite.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Cullksinikers

I bet the Packers look into it. It's not a TT-esque move, but for one year, it's worth it. Hayward will be an even bigger stud in 2014 learning from him.

I am basing it off reports I have seen, not wishful thinking. San Fran will have as many as 14 draft picks after compensation to use as trade bait.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Tramon Williams and a 2nd is cool with me.

We need another elite player on the defensive side. Woodson stopped being elite in 2011. He can only blitz and tackle and was played safety to try to cover his flaws. If the defense gets turned to average, they will be the clear-cut SB favorite.
^
Tramon Williams has no value after his pathetic play this past year

Old
02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^
Tramon Williams has no value after his pathetic play this past year
Don't tell the Jets that. Just tell them to watch 2010 playoff film.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Illinihockey

So Hester basically requested a trade. I wonder if we can trick a team into giving up a 4th round pick for him.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So Hester basically requested a trade. I wonder if we can trick a team into giving up a 4th round pick for him.
I was thinking Chiefs or Jaguars, maybe a 5th instead but a high one nonetheless.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
No one will give anything of value for Hester

They know he is gonna get cut and will just wait ,, He isn't good enough player to throw away assets on

Old
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No one will give anything of value for Hester

They know he is gonna get cut and will just wait ,, He isn't good enough player to throw away assets on
Depends on how bad you want him. You may not want to wait and try to sign him against other teams when you could just get him for a pick.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Illinihockey

16 days to the combine, 36 days until free agency, 80 days until the draft

Old
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Cullksinikers

Packers should definitely pursue Paul Kruger. They will tag Flacco for an excess of $20 million. Can only tag once.

As far as Hester goes, I agree that teams will play the waiting game. Teams will do the same thing with Alex Smith.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
16 days to the combine, 36 days until free agency, 80 days until the draft
This is easily the worst part of the off-season. Everything takes forever to get to.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
RayP

Anyone else hate the combine as much as I do?

And Cullk, after winning the Super Bowl and being the MVP, no way they don't hammer out a long term deal for Flacco. I'd imagine if anything, Kruger is the one tagged.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

And Cullk, after winning the Super Bowl and being the MVP, no way they don't hammer out a long term deal for Flacco. I'd imagine if anything, Kruger is the one tagged.
I heard they may tag him and then negotiate. What you are saying makes sense. Why not just give him 5/100 and call it a day?

Old
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
RayP

I'm not sure when the deadline for tagging someone is, but a random Google search shows that the deadline last year was in July... I'd imagine Flacco will be locked up longterm prior to then.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
I pretty much hate the whole offseason. I find it so boring and the hype around all of it so ridiculous.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I pretty much hate the whole offseason. I find it so boring and the hype around all of it so ridiculous.
Yeah, I guess you could expand it to the entire offseason as well for me, but I especially hate the combine and the draft coverage. 40 times are such a joke. Running in a straight line in compression shorts and no shirt doesn't mean a damn thing. Show me how fast you move sideline-to-sideline, or how fast he moves with a CB jamming him at the line.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
RayP

Jurco is saying the Ravens should trade Flacco to the Jaguars... and honestly, while I know it would never happen, I think it would be a good idea. Let them commit $100M to him, you'd get 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Go grab a guy like Alex Smith. They would either have to take a DE or DT with that 2nd overall pick, but they should be able to find a Lewis replacement with the 2nd rounder. Then you still have a great shot at another top 10 pick the following year, and a top 45 pick as well.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
madgoat33

i would feel so bad for flacco.

though I'm pretty sure that's the bitterness talking since jurco is a huge anti-flacco guy irc. some of the guys on the score have been driving me nuts and chalking it all up to"luck". like yea, tying record for tds in a single post season, doing something only Montana had done before(11tds, 0ints), leadong his team to road victories over the two huge afc favorites, and winning super bowl mvp was all luck.

real question is can he build on this and separate himself from the other second tier guys, or will he fall back to the pack?

Old
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
RayP

Titus Young finally cut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i would feel so bad for flacco.

though I'm pretty sure that's the bitterness talking since jurco is a huge anti-flacco guy irc. some of the guys on the score have been driving me nuts and chalking it all up to"luck". like yea, tying record for tds in a single post season, doing something only Montana had done before(11tds, 0ints), leadong his team to road victories over the two huge afc favorites, and winning super bowl mvp was all luck.

real question is can he build on this and separate himself from the other second tier guys, or will he fall back to the pack?
I would too. No Super Bowl MVP should be treated that way. However, the NFL is still a business, and you can easily make a business driven argument for why it would make sense.

Are people really saying he got lucky?

Old
02-04-2013, 03:24 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Titus Young finally cut...

I would too. No Super Bowl MVP should be treated that way. However, the NFL is still a business, and you can easily make a business driven argument for why it would make sense.

Are people really saying he got lucky?
Yup at least two different guys on the score today. one was a host for sure but couldn't tell you which one. and one of the guys in the 11o clock hour pretty much refused to give him any credit.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Yup at least two different guys on the score today. one was a host for sure but couldn't tell you which one. and one of the guys in the 11o clock hour pretty much refused to give him any credit.
I'm not a fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that is a ****ing joke. He's definitely a playoff performer, without a doubt. I'd be nervous with him in the regular season, but he obviously has a whole different gear he gets into during the postseason.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
RayP

Last 4 seasons the team who played the Eagles in their home opener, have gone on to win the Super Bowl...

Guess what!? We have a game @ Philly next year!

Speaking of, Vegas has us at 20/1 to win the Super Bowl next year.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
This is easily the worst part of the off-season. Everything takes forever to get to.
QFT

I don't care so much about the Combine itself, I never watch it. However I do enjoy reading mock draft analysis from some various sites (such as Walter Football) and a lot of those don't really start mattering until after the Combine and Pro-days (although the Senior Bowl Games do have some impact). I do enjoy the first day of Free Agency and the Draft though.

BTW - Speaking of the worst part of the NFL Season starting today....thank GOD we got Hockey back. Can you imagine how horrible this time of year would be without it? Brutal. The only reason I got through the Fall/Winter was because I also love the NFL. But starting now, it would have really sucked.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Culk, why should teams wait it out with Alex Smith?

Closed Thread