HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
  #326
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
I'm all for a heavyweight on the 4th line, we dont' need 4 scoring lines its not an all star game. I really liked staubitz he could skate fast enough to keep up

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
  #327
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I'm all for a heavyweight on the 4th line, we dont' need 4 scoring lines its not an all star game. I really liked staubitz he could skate fast enough to keep up
I don't consider Staubitz an heavy weight by any means, though. Drew a fight against Prust earlier in his career and isn't half the player Prusty is. I'm also all for an heavyweight, but once again, it has to be the right fit. Thornton in Boston was a fit made in heaven. There aren't many teams that stick with their HW for too long, since it's a particular job that requires the perfect fit for the reality of your team.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
  #328
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
They're just replacing Rupp with Mashinter who is also pretty tough and costs less... They keep a guy in the same role and save money on their cap while getting help for their fourth line in Powe.

Beendair Donedat is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
  #329
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Don't talk about Bordeleau here, 90% of peoples will tell you that he can't skate just because is 6"5 and 240lbs even if they don't know who it is
He can't.

Oh wait, he scored against Hamilton, he must be good.

Matt Kassian scored twice against the habs and I wouldn't touch that inept **** with a twenty-foot pole.

What did Parros do to us ? What did the big John Scott do against us ?

Next you'll be advocating to get Kevin "I'm a pacifist" Westgarth.

It's great to want toughness, but you need skill to go with that toughness. Otherwise, why not scour the beer leagues for the biggest, meanest, craziest mother ****er you can find ? I'm sure he'd take on Bordeleau before and after he destroys a 2-4 of his preferred cheap beer.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  #330
FireBergevin
it's go time
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Beliveau
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Just a thought, but maybe the Habs should give out more AHL contracts to guys who can fight & go from there. Worked out well for Scott & Clarkson.

Y'know, instead of going with guys like Stortini & Hagel...

FireBergevin is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
  #331
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Prust is not the best fighter out there but he still lead the nhl this year with 4 fights and led the nhl last year with 20 fights.

He was the enforcer of the rangers and i don't remember anyone saying the rangers are soft.

Prust and White are not scared to drop the gloves with anyone so is Moen right now. I think i prefer to have White and Prust that can actually play some hockey and fight when the time is needed than start a liability for 5 minutes per game and get our top forward to play more than they should and get tired.


Who is the enforcer of the flyers? Are they soft? What about the rangers? Asham? At this point Prust is better than Asham.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:22 PM
  #332
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If a team like the Rangers, who have been celebrating their new found toughness over the past few years thinks Rupp is past it, what does that tell you? Rupp used to be solid, but a Rupp having lost a step..
Who did Prust play for before the Habs?

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
  #333
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Who did Prust play for before the Habs?
The only reason Prust is not on the Rangers anymore is we outbid them. They never would have traded him for scraps.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  #334
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The only reason Prust is not on the Rangers anymore is we outbid them. They never would have traded him for scraps.
Every player has a value to a team. The wise Rangers management undervalued Prust. Yet they are very competent for dumping Rupp because you don't like fighting.

I love this thread

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
  #335
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Who did Prust play for before the Habs?
NY Rangers..

dkdanielkli is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
  #336
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Every player has a value to a team. The wise Rangers management undervalued Prust. Yet they are very competent for dumping Rupp because you don't like fighting.

I love this thread
I really don't know why I even bother responding to you when you just change the subject and bring in straw men every time. It's a waste of time.

The Rangers were making some big trade for Nash and needed ever dollar they can get. They assumed (wisely or not wisely, we don't know yet but it looks like Prust's loss is felt) that they had enough toughness and could get by with the cheaper Asham and Haley to take Prust's place. The Rangers have plenty of energy players.

I don't get what this has anything to do with them trading Rupp, a fan favorite, for spare parts. I don't dislike fighting, I dislike obsessing over weight classes like this is UFC, fighting in hockey should break out when something happens, not be planned in advance. And the Rupp of a few years ago would be a good fit for a 13th forward, but apparently he's a shell of himself. It's the useless plugs who belong on the wrestling circuit or in a beet league that I dislike, guys like Scott.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
  #337
lesHabitants514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
it is amazing how people just want someone who can fight!
It's still hockey! the guy is still going to play 8-13 minutes a game, he needs to be able to contribute apart from fighting....and the guys that do play well and scrap are expensive....ask Nashville.

lesHabitants514 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  #338
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Prust, White, Moen fit the bill nicely
I wouldn't give up Prust from what i've seen in this young season for anything
When You have 3 guys that can drop the gloves, and a few more guys willing to throw the body around, you don't need a bona fide heavyweight. You are considered to be a tough team.
We're developing a team identity different from what its been in recent years - lets see where they get to.

AntonCH is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:35 PM
  #339
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He can't.

Oh wait, he scored against Hamilton, he must be good.

Matt Kassian scored twice against the habs and I wouldn't touch that inept **** with a twenty-foot pole.

What did Parros do to us ? What did the big John Scott do against us ?

Next you'll be advocating to get Kevin "I'm a pacifist" Westgarth.

It's great to want toughness, but you need skill to go with that toughness. Otherwise, why not scour the beer leagues for the biggest, meanest, craziest mother ****er you can find ? I'm sure he'd take on Bordeleau before and after he destroys a 2-4 of his preferred cheap beer.
wtf, Bordeleau is probably faster than Moen. Again, Ms. Analyzer don't know ****

Quote:
Sacco said Bordeleau made the cut not solely because of his fighting skills. Guys who could fight, but couldn't really play, still found a niche in the old NHL. Not anymore.

"I liked Bordy because he can also play the game," Sacco said. "He can skate and he can play defense and not embarrass you out there."



Read more: Avalanche's Patrick Bordeleau glad to pack a punch as journeyman - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...#ixzz2JyqGg76w
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Sacco don't know ****.They should call you

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
  #340
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Prust is not the best fighter out there but he still lead the nhl this year with 4 fights and led the nhl last year with 20 fights.

He was the enforcer of the rangers and i don't remember anyone saying the rangers are soft.

Prust and White are not scared to drop the gloves with anyone so is Moen right now. I think i prefer to have White and Prust that can actually play some hockey and fight when the time is needed than start a liability for 5 minutes per game and get our top forward to play more than they should and get tired.


Who is the enforcer of the flyers? Are they soft? What about the rangers? Asham? At this point Prust is better than Asham.
no, its Boll with 6
yes, the flyers are really soft this year
for the rangers, Rupp was their enforcer and now, they just called-up Mashinter.So they have him, Bickell and Asham


Last edited by bud12: 02-04-2013 at 07:46 PM.
bud12 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:24 PM
  #341
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,747
vCash: 500
I wanted Ian Lapps too. Seemed like a great fit too. Oh well, move on.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
  #342
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Prust is not the best fighter out there but he still lead the nhl this year with 4 fights and led the nhl last year with 20 fights.

He was the enforcer of the rangers and i don't remember anyone saying the rangers are soft.

Prust and White are not scared to drop the gloves with anyone so is Moen right now. I think i prefer to have White and Prust that can actually play some hockey and fight when the time is needed than start a liability for 5 minutes per game and get our top forward to play more than they should and get tired.


Who is the enforcer of the flyers? Are they soft? What about the rangers? Asham? At this point Prust is better than Asham.
Do you mean better player or fighter ? Because I still believe Asham is the best fighter in this league, if he had a bigger frame he'd be damn unbeatable.

All in all, we are a tough team and a skilled team and I like it we have one or two sofff individuals on this team like Mr. Kaberle and (for now) Diaz...
The rest of the team can be considered tough. Even if they don't fight.

Most of all, our coach is tough

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
  #343
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Asham was one of the best if not the best middleweight. But he seem to have regressed this year and he's getting old

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
  #344
TheWhiteIdea
Registered User
 
TheWhiteIdea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DirtyJerz
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Prust is not the best fighter out there but he still lead the nhl this year with 4 fights and led the nhl last year with 20 fights.

Who is the enforcer of the flyers? Are they soft? What about the rangers? Asham? At this point Prust is better than Asham.
Flyers have Jody Shelly, Tom Sestito, Zach Rinaldo(not a big guy though) Tye McGinn

The Rangers? Really they are huge and have plenty of fighters: Rupp, Bickel, Asham, Newbury,

TheWhiteIdea is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  #345
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
Flyers have Jody Shelly, Tom Sestito, Zach Rinaldo(not a big guy though) Tye McGinn

The Rangers? Really they are huge and have plenty of fighters: Rupp, Bickel, Asham, Newbury,
Yeah by a clap of fingers we could have Schultz Stortini White Prust and Moen in the team. See what i'm doing there.

Habs are not soft anymore like last year when we had freakin Engvist Weber and Darche on the fourth line.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:04 PM
  #346
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really don't know why I even bother responding to you when you just change the subject and bring in straw men every time. It's a waste of time.

The Rangers were making some big trade for Nash and needed ever dollar they can get. They assumed (wisely or not wisely, we don't know yet but it looks like Prust's loss is felt) that they had enough toughness and could get by with the cheaper Asham and Haley to take Prust's place. The Rangers have plenty of energy players.

I don't get what this has anything to do with them trading Rupp, a fan favorite, for spare parts. I don't dislike fighting, I dislike obsessing over weight classes like this is UFC, fighting in hockey should break out when something happens, not be planned in advance. And the Rupp of a few years ago would be a good fit for a 13th forward, but apparently he's a shell of himself. It's the useless plugs who belong on the wrestling circuit or in a beet league that I dislike, guys like Scott.
Scott plays his role perfectly, whether on the ice or in the pressbox.

Watch the last few seconds of the Sabres/Bruins game if you do not understand.

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
  #347
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
i think rags called up mashinter to play with asham and bickell. i like our team toughness but now that prust has become a top 9 forward and integral to PK i don't like the fact he's always getting jumped by other teams tough guys and being forced to fight...i like white in there but he nor moen should be forced to go with guys that are considered goons

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:16 AM
  #348
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Asham was one of the best if not the best middleweight. But he seem to have regressed this year and he's getting old
I haven't watch him fight this year sadly... But I'm pretty sure he's still tough as nails.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
  #349
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i think rags called up mashinter to play with asham and bickell. i like our team toughness but now that prust has become a top 9 forward and integral to PK i don't like the fact he's always getting jumped by other teams tough guys and being forced to fight...i like white in there but he nor moen should be forced to go with guys that are considered goons
Feel the same exact way...I like our team toughness but I don't like BIG/HUGE GOONS going after our Prust, White, Moen,etc...

We need one BIG/HUGE goon like Scott only against teams like Boston.
(this way...Prust and Moen can concentrate on hockey).

Probably hard to believe...but I'm a pacifist! (I'd take a huge/goon who is there to police...never has to fight but does his job as a policeman...fights only when other team breaks the rules).

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 01:23 AM
  #350
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Feel the same exact way...I like our team toughness but I don't like BIG/HUGE GOONS going after our Prust, White, Moen,etc...
You mean how big huge goon John Scott went after Prust and Moen in Buffalo.

Oh... right. That didn't happen.

No Team Needed is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.