HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
We have out first legit hockey trade of the season:

@NYRangers: BREAKING NEWS: the #NYR have acquired forward Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri from MIN in exchange for forward Mike Rupp

Old
02-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

What would you guys want from Buffalo for Stoll??

Old
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Future considerations.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Shane O'Brien has been a healthy scratch for Colorado. Problem is where does he fit when Greene and Mitchell come back...

Gagne and Penner should be the guys the Kings should be shopping. No one will take Richards contract and probably hesitate on Stoll's too. Justin Williams and Kopi have great chemistry, why deal him.
It's crazy to think Mike Richards is untradable because of a handful of hockey games this season. He might not have the same value, depending on the team, but if we were to shop him, he would certainly be in high demand.

Stoll is easily movable as well, but I just don't see Lombardi shopping him, nor should he yet.

Gagne has been better as of late and it will be interesting to see how he develops with Richards and Carter going forward.

Penner is definitely the odd man out, and needs to be moved for likely whatever we can get for him, though I don't see any deals for him soon. Will likely be a trade deadline deal for a mid pick or prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
We have out first legit hockey trade of the season:

@NYRangers: BREAKING NEWS: the #NYR have acquired forward Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri from MIN in exchange for forward Mike Rupp
Sort of surprising. I like Rupp, and getting both Powe and Palmieri seems like a pretty good return for him. Not a bad trade for either side from my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Something ranging in-between a first and second round pick if we were to firesale, but I doubt he is available. We have no immediate player than can step in, and the Kings aren't going to demote Richards or force Richardson onto the line, and I am not a fan of King or Nolan being allowed to play center at the NHL. Unless you can think of a swap, I can't see us parting with him, especially so early in the season.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
no name

Nobody is givimg a first for stoll in this draft.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Martyros

Many of us were stoked when we heard the trade for Penner, even the pieces we gave away for him. How excited are we gonna be when we hear he got traded for a 5th rounder?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Nobody is givimg a first for stoll in this draft.
That's just his value, late first or second round pick, we may have to add a late pick with him, but he can certainly yield the same return Gaustad received. I agree that it would be hard to get that in this draft, which is just another of many reasons as to why he will not be dealt and will likely be with the Kings starting next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Many of us were stoked when we heard the trade for Penner, even the pieces we gave away for him. How excited are we gonna be when we hear he got traded for a 5th rounder?
I am sure there will be complaining and tears shed over the result , but it doesn't matter, it didn't work overall, so we take what we can get for him.

It is hard to call it a complete failure when he did help us win the Stanley Cup in the playoffs. Anything we gave up for him was indeed worth it.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That's just his value, late first or second round pick, we may have to add a late pick with him, but he can certainly yield the same return Gaustad received. I agree that it would be hard to get that in this draft, which is just another of many reasons as to why he will not be dealt and will likely be with the Kings starting next season.

I am sure there will be complaining and tears shed over the result , but it doesn't matter, it didn't work overall, so we take what we can get for him.

It is hard to call it a complete failure when he did help us win the Stanley Cup in the playoffs. Anything we gave up for him was indeed worth it.
I still think a 5th rounder is too high...but I'll laugh myself to tears if we get something over that for Pancakes...

Old
02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I know the Kings are struggling and it's important to turn things around quickly, but man, the shine hasn't even worn off the cup yet and people are calling for key guys heads.

Mitchell and Greene are out hurt. Quick has been average so far coming off the back problems. Richards is not in game shape yet, and Kopitar is playing with a brace.

I think the Kings need to wake up but all this trade talk is premature. We also have Toffoli and Pearson who could get a cup of coffee.

Pick up a servicable backup and try to move Loktionov, Bernier, or Richardson at this point if needed.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There's only one player (maybe two) that need to be jettisoned out, Penner being at the top of the list, Bernier second, but only if they can acquire a suitable backup goalie to support Quick.

Trade suggestions involving Richards and Carter now is just silly.

I wouldn't be opposed of trading Bernier and Penner to Toronto for Frattin, Franson, Scrivens, and Toronto's 2nd round pick in 2013. If Scrivens can't cut it as a backup, sign Curtis Sanford whose currently playing in the KHL (I believe their season will be ending this month).

Old
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
There's only one player (maybe two) that need to be jettisoned out, Penner being at the top of the list, Bernier second, but only if they can acquire a suitable backup goalie to support Quick.

I wouldn't be opposed of trading Bernier and Penner to Toronto for Frattin, Franson, Scrivens, and Toronto's 2nd round pick in 2013. If Scrivens can't cut it as a backup, sign Curtis Sanford whose currently playing in the KHL (I believe their season will be ending this month).
I'd make that trade, not sure T.O. would tho.

I like Penner as a person, not sure he is a viable option anymore either. Least he is only signed to a one year deal, hope he can turn it around and find his playoff game.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Realistically I'd love to have Loktionov take Stoll's place. I just think Stoll has really nothing to offer and isn't talented.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I like Penner as a person, not sure he is a viable option anymore either. Least he is only signed to a one year deal, hope he can turn it around and find his playoff game.
I don't think Sutter likes him much and it doesn't bode well for him in a season where the Kings need a Dman. Esp, if he won't be here next year, you try to move him and get something back for him by April.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:36 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Realistically I'd love to have Loktionov take Stoll's place. I just think Stoll has really nothing to offer and isn't talented.
I can see both sides of this, Stoll is good of faceoffs, a good PK'er and a good third line center, given that is usually the team's shutdown line, and he can do that. Loki is a fun player to watch and it's a shame he won't play wing, that would have been a good fit when Penner goes away. Loki is too skilled for the third line, he's not physical enough and not as good defensively, and I don't think he'd be happy in a shutdown role. He belongs on 2nd line where he can score, be an offensive player with skilled wingers to feed off his speed and talent.
If the Kings were going to make that move, bringing up Loki, they would not have signed Stoll, and they chose to do that.
Depending on how long Mitchell is going to be out and even if he comes back, he hasn't played in 8 mos, will take a while to get his game back, and Greene being out and other teams losing D men (Columbus lost 2 more this week) there are more teams then D man available and DL might use Loki as trade bait.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Noonan61

What about Setoguchi for Penner? Crappy winger for crappy winger. Put Seto on the Left of Richards-Carter?

Old
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
backhandsauce

Edm offers you Ryan Whitney and Magnus Paajarvi for Penner and Stoll.

Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Quote:

Oh it worked.

Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Edm offers you Ryan Whitney and Magnus Paajarvi for Penner and Stoll.
I would take that.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I can see both sides of this, Stoll is good of faceoffs, a good PK'er and a good third line center, given that is usually the team's shutdown line, and he can do that. Loki is a fun player to watch and it's a shame he won't play wing, that would have been a good fit when Penner goes away. Loki is too skilled for the third line, he's not physical enough and not as good defensively, and I don't think he'd be happy in a shutdown role. He belongs on 2nd line where he can score, be an offensive player with skilled wingers to feed off his speed and talent.
If the Kings were going to make that move, bringing up Loki, they would not have signed Stoll, and they chose to do that.
Depending on how long Mitchell is going to be out and even if he comes back, he hasn't played in 8 mos, will take a while to get his game back, and Greene being out and other teams losing D men (Columbus lost 2 more this week) there are more teams then D man available and DL might use Loki as trade bait.
Other than the faceoffs, Stoll plays like a winger anyway.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:11 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

Toronto won't trade Frattin now, he's been really good with Kadri and Komarov.

Old
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas4662 View Post
What about Setoguchi for Penner? Crappy winger for crappy winger. Put Seto on the Left of Richards-Carter?
I'd definitely be ok with this.

Old
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I would take that.
I'm hesitant, Ryan Whitney has been terrible and is really, really slow, has no foot speed anymore.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak View Post
I'd definitely be ok with this.
Minnesota wouldn't though, they want a defenseman in return or an upgrade, but I would do it.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
It's crazy to think Mike Richards is untradable because of a handful of hockey games this season. He might not have the same value, depending on the team, but if we were to shop him, he would certainly be in high demand.

Stoll is easily movable as well, but I just don't see Lombardi shopping him, nor should he yet.

Gagne has been better as of late and it will be interesting to see how he develops with Richards and Carter going forward.

Penner is definitely the odd man out, and needs to be moved for likely whatever we can get for him, though I don't see any deals for him soon. Will likely be a trade deadline deal for a mid pick or prospect.

Sort of surprising. I like Rupp, and getting both Powe and Palmieri seems like a pretty good return for him. Not a bad trade for either side from my perspective.

Something ranging in-between a first and second round pick if we were to firesale, but I doubt he is available. We have no immediate player than can step in, and the Kings aren't going to demote Richards or force Richardson onto the line, and I am not a fan of King or Nolan being allowed to play center at the NHL. Unless you can think of a swap, I can't see us parting with him, especially so early in the season.
I think if Stoll got dealt Vey would be on the next flight to LA.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Its been made obvious that Dean is never going to let Stoll leave this team, so we're stuck with him. I'd love to see him leave but that's never gonna happen, if it would have, it would have been after last season.

Closed Thread