HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Aaron Palushaj placed on waivers (UPD: Claimed by Colorado)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
  #26
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Are you equally a fan of the Bulldogs and the Habs? I'm not and I don't regret the potential loss of Palushaj. I thought the trade that brought him him was unwise.
I don't support the loss of an asset for nothing for any reason.

And, as I said, I think he can help our farm club, which desperately needs the help. Has nothing to do with being a fan of the Dogs, it's more in the belief that a better team and a winning atmosphere is better for all our prospects. Not that I think the addition of Palushaj to Hamilton will create a 180 turnaround, but it would be a help at least.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:09 PM
  #27
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't support the loss of an asset for nothing for any reason.

And, as I said, I think he can help our farm club, which desperately needs the help. Has nothing to do with being a fan of the Dogs, it's more in the belief that a better team and a winning atmosphere is better for all our prospects. Not that I think the addition of Palushaj to Hamilton will create a 180 turnaround, but it would be a help at least.
Maybe Palushaj was sick and tired being yo-yoed in the Habs organisation and demanded to be released ???

This guy is really nothing special. He cannot play in ourt bottom two lines. And he is not strong and good enough to be a top-two liner. We have many better wingers in the system or in junior.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM
  #28
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Maybe Palushaj was sick and tired being yo-yoed in the Habs organisation and demanded to be released ???

This guy is really nothing special. He cannot play in ourt bottom two lines. And he is not strong and good enough to be a top-two liner. We have many better wingers in the system or in junior.
I doubt that. He had to be waived once he was healthy to play in Hamilton. Looks like standard operating procedure to me.

And either way, the "treatment" he's gotten in Montreal hasn't been any different than what he'd be getting elsewhere, I'd wager.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
  #29
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I doubt that. He had to be waived once he was healthy to play in Hamilton. Looks like standard operating procedure to me.

And either way, the "treatment" he's gotten in Montreal hasn't been any different than what he'd be getting elsewhere, I'd wager.
How come ? Isn't it a weird rule (???).

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
  #30
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
How come ? Isn't it a weird rule (???).
A player can't be sent back in the AHL when he's not healthy. The Habs had Palushaj up there since training camp. They sent him back since he's healthy again, and he has to go through waivers.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
  #31
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
A player can't be sent back in the AHL when he's not healthy. The Habs had Palushaj up there since training camp. They sent him back since he's healthy again, and he has to go through waivers.
But Palushaj was playing in Hamilton earlier this season before the lockout ? He was just at the training camp and did not play any single game. Anyway. No big loss if he is picked up, but I doubt he will.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
  #32
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
But Palushaj was playing in Hamilton earlier this season before the lockout ? He was just at the training camp and did not play any single game. Anyway. No big loss if he is picked up, but I doubt he will.
both Blunden and St Denis also didnt play a single game and had to go through waivers.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
  #33
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't support the loss of an asset for nothing for any reason.

And, as I said, I think he can help our farm club, which desperately needs the help. Has nothing to do with being a fan of the Dogs, it's more in the belief that a better team and a winning atmosphere is better for all our prospects. Not that I think the addition of Palushaj to Hamilton will create a 180 turnaround, but it would be a help at least.
If Palushaj would be a "help" the Bulldogs must be in desperate shape.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
  #34
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Good news for the Dogs as they can't get much worse after losing 7 of their last 8 games. Hopefully he'll be fired up and can put a few goals in the back of the net as the Dogs are a real mess right now.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  #35
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
I hope this can rejuvenate Leblanc.

__?__ - Leblanc - Palushaj


Gotta give Leblanc 1st line minutes...gotta.
Hamilton exists as an ice-time machine for our prospects.
1st Rnd prospect (Leblanc)...gotta give him the minutes to succeed.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
  #36
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If Palushaj would be a "help" the Bulldogs must be in desperate shape.
Palushaj was a point per game player last year in Hamilton and he's only 23, that's not too shabby. Let's not act like he's the scum of the earth here.

But yes, yes they are in desperate shape.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
  #37
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,572
vCash: 500
If a team claimed him, they'd have to keep him on their roster.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
  #38
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
There's nothing wrong with getting paid 200k a year to play hockey. One of the better people I have happened into was a career AHLer.
No way he makes that much. AHLers make between 50-90k (your friend was bs'ing you).

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
  #39
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Are you equally a fan of the Bulldogs and the Habs? I'm not and I don't regret the potential loss of Palushaj. I thought the trade that brought him him was unwise.
It was a trade to buy time. D'Agostini was finishing his ELC and we had no spot for him as a guaranteed one-way player. We would have lost him on waivers. We traded him for a younger guy who still had upside. Now, granted that upside has not really been seen yet, but it was a reasonable gamble. Palushaj was a mid-second round pick from a good College.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
  #40
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
No way he makes that much. AHLers make between 50-90k (your friend was bs'ing you).
Some older vets make more. Alex Henry comes to mind in the recent past.

Palushaj's minor-league salary this year is $85k.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
  #41
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Meanwhile D'Agostini is on the Blues.
Sucking on the Blues, but there no less.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:10 PM
  #42
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Some older vets make more. Alex Henry comes to mind in the recent past.

Palushaj's minor-league salary this year is $85k.
Which is a decent living, mind you.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:29 AM
  #43
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
No way he makes that much. AHLers make between 50-90k (your friend was bs'ing you).
He never told me what he made. Just tossed that number out there. My mistake. Even still, that's not bad

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
  #44
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Claimed by Colorado.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
  #45
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Claimed by Colorado.
Good for him, but I don't see a lot in the guy.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  #46
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Sucking on the Blues, but there no less.
Sucking? He's played fine so far this year. He just doesn't fit into their Top-6, and while he's improved defensively, they've got better options on their third lines. He's in a similar situation to Lars Eller here.. do you think Eller sucks?

The Blues top-9 is;
Perron - Backes - Oshie
Steen - McDonald - Tarasenko
Sobotka - Berglund - Stewart

D'Ago, offensively, is as talented (or more-so) than Sobotka and Stwart, but they just fit the third line better than him.

Langenbrunner also doesn't play often either, and I think he could still contribute on other teams.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
  #47
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Claimed by Colorado.
Glad he will get a chance somewhere. He always played hard for the Habs but the results never came.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 AM
  #48
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,643
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Claimed by Colorado.
damn.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
  #49
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Well, that's the end of that chapter. Now let's see how this "Weber" thing is going to turn out...

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #50
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,552
vCash: 50
Awards:
Damn, that really bites. You had the feeling that someone would claim him though.

Hamilton suffers the most from this.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.