Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
mikester

vCash: 500
have season tickets behind the goal Frankie tended for two periods a game, I will miss watching him play. A fan favorite and a pleasure to watch ,you deserve to be a starter .you Sudbury fans ejoy Frankie gives well over 100 percent every game. go get em Frankie

Old
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
chewerjones

Sudbury seems to be getting points in every game, but they need to start closing out games without giving up leads. It may be a product of a young defence overall, and they havent played together too long. They still have been able to creep up the standings.

They will be a contender next year.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:59 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Sudbury seems to be getting points in every game, but they need to start closing out games without giving up leads. It may be a product of a young defence overall, and they havent played together too long. They still have been able to creep up the standings.

They will be a contender next year.
Ditto!!

Old
01-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Squeet

Some key additions to this D-corps and it'll be scary next yr. The games are entertaining and they seem to pull points outta their butts to stay high in the standings...so I'm not complaining lol

Old
01-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Hockeyfriend

I believe you see some more changes to this line up for next season...more than what is being reported in articles in the Sudbury Star. They are saying that team will remain in tact for next season as everyone, but two will be back (OA's). I believe that a few forwards will want to be moved. Without naming names there has been a few who have proven a better fate this year only to be relegated to lesser roles because of potential promises to others or commitments to those kids. I also believe that specific depth in certain positions will push kids to make that decision at season end.

This team will be different. I see MC, NB, NP all around as they will not get more somewhere else (and are producing). Goalies may change, TD may decide if he has to keep missing games next season - and writing is on the wall - that if he has any shot of playing hockey after the OHL - that he wants to more active role somewhere else. In fairness, the d seems to be getting rolled thru in each situation...all are playing PP and all are playing PK. Forwards, not so much.

I am pretty sure - forwards will change and so will back-up goalie situation.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
I believe you see some more changes to this line up for next season...more than what is being reported in articles in the Sudbury Star. They are saying that team will remain in tact for next season as everyone, but two will be back (OA's). I believe that a few forwards will want to be moved. Without naming names there has been a few who have proven a better fate this year only to be relegated to lesser roles because of potential promises to others or commitments to those kids. I also believe that specific depth in certain positions will push kids to make that decision at season end.

This team will be different. I see MC, NB, NP all around as they will not get more somewhere else (and are producing). Goalies may change, TD may decide if he has to keep missing games next season - and writing is on the wall - that if he has any shot of playing hockey after the OHL - that he wants to more active role somewhere else. In fairness, the d seems to be getting rolled thru in each situation...all are playing PP and all are playing PK. Forwards, not so much.

Is it really hard to type full names? Jeez

Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
JL17

You guys want Sefton back???

Old
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
jamo27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
You guys want Sefton back???
Actually I'm quite happy with Raine, so no thanks

Old
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post

Only 2 guys will not return, Dodero and Kantor (OAs).

Raine, Palazzese and Thibodeau should be opening day OAs next year, unless BS makes a trade for another key OA and then releases Thibodeau.

Players who I can see asking to be moved, would only be Silk and Harris.

Campagna Baptise Pancel
Kahun Kubalik Schmaltz
Harris Silk Huether or Vilardi
Desrochers Cull Thibodeau

Corbett Raine
Genovese Cummins
De Haan ??

Palazzese
Dupuis

As you can see, I would only tinker with bottom six forwards, and add or delete by way of draft or trade. We should secure another puck moving veteran dman and a stay at home veteran (these can be acquired by trades for prospects in system or draft picks).

I would draft a high end skilled forward with the first round pick (say Speers or Szypula) and play him on the 3rd or 4th line.

If BS does it right, Sudbury can be a contender for next 2 years. If you are a serious contender,players will want to come and play there, such as Monahan from Ottawa for say Vilardi, Crampton, (both 613 guys) plus draft picks.

Future looks bright.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:37 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Future looks bright.
Until you realize Connor Burgess will be in those top 9 forwards. Same old song and dance ladies and gentlemen.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Until you realize Connor Burgess will be in those top 9 forwards. Same old song and dance ladies and gentlemen.
Please give this a rest.

Last edited by H44: 01-27-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Squeet

Why give it a rest?? He's right. The kid will be back, and Cull will be forced to play him in situations he doesnt deserve to be in..PP or PK. Posting a depth chart for next season and not including him is foolhardy, cause he WILL be back.
It's largely possible that because of that, prospects or trade bait from other teams, will NOT want to report here regardless of how successful the team is. No real winner wants to lose shifts or ice time to a player who is underserving.
Mark Burgess seems to think no rule applies to him or his kid and thats will stop any kid from coming here even tho they could be joining a winner. Case in point...Conner showing to games in a hoodie and sweat pants.
Can you say..."league fine" Mark? Im sure you can...

Old
01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Section19

Quote:
Only 2 guys will not return, Dodero and Kantor (OAs).

Raine, Palazzese and Thibodeau should be opening day OAs next year, unless BS makes a trade for another key OA and then releases Thibodeau.

Players who I can see asking to be moved, would only be Silk and Harris.

Campagna Baptise Pancel
Kahun Kubalik Schmaltz
Harris Silk Huether or Vilardi
Desrochers Cull Thibodeau

Corbett Raine
Genovese Cummins
De Haan ??

Palazzese
Dupuis

As you can see, I would only tinker with bottom six forwards, and add or delete by way of draft or trade. We should secure another puck moving veteran dman and a stay at home veteran (these can be acquired by trades for prospects in system or draft picks).

I would draft a high end skilled forward with the first round pick (say Speers or Szypula) and play him on the 3rd or 4th line.

If BS does it right, Sudbury can be a contender for next 2 years. If you are a serious contender,players will want to come and play there, such as Monahan from Ottawa for say Vilardi, Crampton, (both 613 guys) plus draft picks.

Future looks bright.
I'd be shocked if Vilardi ever came back to Sudbury. The Huether experiment needs to end as well. He's similar to the Visca experiment a couple of years back. In NO way should Thibodeau be kept as an OA. They shouldn't be playing him on defense. He's terrible on D. There's no point in keeping an OA if he's just going to play on the 4th line. The Wolves also lack a stud defenseman. They have some solid ones but nothing special.

Like everyone else mentioned, you failed to put Burgess in the lineup. No way he doesn't make at least the 4th line. Mark may very well force Cull's hand and put him on the third line. After all it's his NHL draft year!

As for your trade proposal, I'm sure Chris Byrnes and Ottawa fans would laugh that one off.

Really, it's the same old, same old in Sudbury. They really aren't any closer.

I'm out as a season ticket holder, not because they won't win but because of how poorly the organization is ran. I could watch a team coached by Cull the rest of my life but the fact is, Sudbury will never be able to attract top end players because of the antics of Burgess. Cull has done a great job with the players he's been given.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
chewerjones

BS is in control of the team, and CB wont be as much of a distraction next year, as you may think. They will have him on the 4th line and will be like the first half of this year. Sudbury kept winning with him in the lineup, even when we had 5 regulars out of the lineup.

Windsor only dressed 10 forwards on Sunday.

Point is, the 4th line is a filler line, and will see 5-6 shifts at most per game. No key time on PP or PK, or in a tight game down the stretch.

We couldnt win with CB in the lineup and we did. We couldnt win with Leivo, Corrado, Sefton and Vienneau out of the lineup and we keep winning.

We have all team players on the roster, and no individuals and for this reason , they are playing hard and winning.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
chewerjones

Hey Section 19,

was Chris Byrne laughing when they traded Ceci and Janes for a 3rd line ctre and questionable young dman???

I guess that was also impossible according to your opinion.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:42 PM
hardoil3232

sefton

was sefton a hard hitting physical player with wolves

Old
01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
was sefton a hard hitting physical player with wolves
He picked his spots, but wasnt known for bone jarring hits. He was just a rough, tough defender down low. He would like to mix it up, but only when he wanted to.

I personally think he is getting bored with the OHL, or hockey in general.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Brock

Quote:
Hey Section 19,

was Chris Byrne laughing when they traded Ceci and Janes for a 3rd line ctre and questionable young dman???

I guess that was also impossible according to your opinion.
Hardly that.

Blandisi is an NHL draft selection and a very solid player. He's already playing in their top 6 and is a legitimate top 6 player in this league. He'll only get better.

And Jacob Middleton is more than a questionable young dman. He's a first round pick, a guy who was (IMO) Team Ontario's best defenseman at the Under 17's (including Ekblad and McKeown), and a guy who has the potential to be the second best defenseman in his age group behind Aaron Ekblad.

Comparing that package to the one you mentioned for Monahan is laughable.

I thought that the 67's did a terrific job at the deadline this year.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Hardly that.

Blandisi is an NHL draft selection and a very solid player. He's already playing in their top 6 and is a legitimate top 6 player in this league. He'll only get better.

And Jacob Middleton is more than a questionable young dman. He's a first round pick, a guy who was (IMO) Team Ontario's best defenseman at the Under 17's (including Ekblad and McKeown), and a guy who has the potential to be the second best defenseman in his age group behind Aaron Ekblad.

Comparing that package to the one you mentioned for Monahan is laughable.

I thought that the 67's did a terrific job at the deadline this year.
I appreciate your opinion, but we agree to disagree. In my post I named 2 prospects plus draft picks.

Middleton is a big Dman but he has always had heavy feet, and I dont think you can at this time compare him to Ekblad or Mckeown. That is definitely laughable. Middleton was on the trade block for a long time.

Blandisi is a serviceable centre, but not a top 6 forward on all teams. Some yes, but most , not.

At the end of the day, if the Wolves are a serious contender, then they will definitely have enough to lure Monahan and Chris Byrnes.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Buddy23

Quote:
He picked his spots, but wasnt known for bone jarring hits. He was just a rough, tough defender down low. He would like to mix it up, but only when he wanted to.

I personally think he is getting bored with the OHL, or hockey in general.
Have to agree. He's not the same player he was before he was drafted. Not the first time I've seen that happen with a player. The sad part is he's only hurting himself regarding his future.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy23 View Post
Have to agree. He's not the same player he was before he was drafted. Not the first time I've seen that happen with a player. The sad part is he's only hurting himself regarding his future.
Perhaps he's already decided his future doesn't include hockey?

Old
02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
mobile

The goalie situation could prove interesting next year. Frankie is an OA, Dupuis will be 19, and Muzyka will be 17 . If Franky is back Dupuis may want to be moved to somewhere with a better chance of play. Muzyka will be ready for next year for a backup roll .The twist is does Franky come back next year or does he get drafted and play pro hockey somewhere else

Old
02-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Squeet

I think Dupuis might want to see more playing time and I can understand if he wants to blt next season...but as a fan, Im hoping he stays because he's a more than capable back-up. Look at how long he went between games and then had a solid effort to give us a win.
He'll only be better next season and learning from Frankie won't hurt is development one bit. PLUS, Musyka is best suited to get a ton more icetime and experience if he's going to make an OHL impact at some point as well.

I really dont think we're hurtin in the goalie dept to be honest, but time will tell. As always

Old
02-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Section19

James Boyd hockey sucks

Old
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post