HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Making significant changes just 7 games after winning the Stanley Cup seems hard to justify IMO.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Sacha Baron Corbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Edm offers you Ryan Whitney and Magnus Paajarvi for Penner and Stoll.
Yes please.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Edm offers you Ryan Whitney and Magnus Paajarvi for Penner and Stoll.
This would make our team worse. (and yes, that is possible)

Old
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas4662 View Post
What about Setoguchi for Penner? Crappy winger for crappy winger. Put Seto on the Left of Richards-Carter?
Now this is something that makes more sense, IMO. I haven't watched the Wild at all this season... So, I have no idea where they rank Seto. But, seeing his stats.. looks like hes having a tough time too.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:27 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Now this is something that makes more sense, IMO. I haven't watched the Wild at all this season... So, I have no idea where they rank Seto. But, seeing his stats.. looks like hes having a tough time too.
He's on the 2nd line with Granlund and Bouchard, he's hitting a lot of people, just puck hasn't gone in, pretty sure they want a top 4 d-man in a trade for him, so not good trading partners.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Ron*
Bandwagon Since 1967

Anyone in the West is not good for trading partners.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
This would make our team worse. (and yes, that is possible)
Of course its possible, we are the defending Stanley Cup champions

Old
02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Of course its possible, we are the defending Stanley Cup champions
It was a joke.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Johnny Utah

Gagne has been bad, but I have been saying that since last years playoffs.

Where is Colin Fraser? Rather have Clune at this point.

Dustin Penner? We all knew this might happen. 1 big goal against Phoenix and he gets over 3 million? Seriously.

Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Carter, Clifford and Nolan are all good in my book.

Lewis and Stoll have been mediocre. King has been invisible. Richards looks bad.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:28 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Dustin Penner? We all knew this might happen. 1 big goal against Phoenix and he gets over 3 million? Seriously.

Lewis and Stoll have been mediocre. King has been invisible. Richards looks bad.
I disagree with Gagne being bad, he hasn't scored a goal yet, but he's been getting assists and points and has looked good with Richie and Carter.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
It was a joke.
Hard to tell in this thread.

Quote:

Our second leading scorer has been 'bad.' Yeah, ok.

The only ones I'd be ok with seeing moved right now are Penner, Richardson and Lewis. Beyond that, let them ride things out and get into the playoff picture and beyond, which we all know they can do.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Johnny Utah

Gagne is a goal scorer. Fine he has some assists but that's not his game. He used to be a sniper. By the way Richards and Brown are -6.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:56 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Gagne is a goal scorer. Fine he has some assists but that's not his game. He used to be a sniper. By the way Richards and Brown are -6.
He will get his goals. He's played five games. At least he's contributing. Besides you said he's playing bad, which he's not, regardless of if he's playing his game or not.

Seriously, you guys are pretty weak. You'd think the team that gave us a break from 45 years of misery would be given more than two weeks slack, but I guess this fanbase is incapable of seperating emotions from patience. We are seven games in people. Outside of maybe the 1996 Red Wings, is there a team in the last 20 years that hasn't had a seven game stretch during the regular season where they were 2-3-2 or worse? Every year?

But no, let's jump down their throats and get ready to trade everyone. Let's ignore the fact they showed they are a great team when they get in sync by having one of the best ever playoff runs, and instead let's embrace this seven game slide, and write this team off as a bunch of failures which we should gut.

You guys do this because its easy and familir, nothing more. Chill out and have some faith in this team for at least a month. They earned that much. They have the rings to prove it.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
So Gagne is playing bad because he's getting assists instead of goals?

And wtf was Clune going to do? get his butt kicked while possibly giving the other team powerplay after powerplay?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
He will get his goals. He's played five games. At least he's contributing. Besides you said he's playing bad, which he's not, regardless of if he's playing his game or not.

Seriously, you guys are pretty weak. You'd think the team that gave us a break from 45 years of misery would be given more than two weeks slack, but I guess this fanbase is incapable of seperating emotions from patience. We are seven games in people. Outside of maybe the 1996 Red Wings, is there a team in the last 20 years that hasn't had a seven game stretch during the regular season where they were 2-3-2 or worse? Every year?

But no, let's jump down their throats and get ready to trade everyone. Let's ignore the fact they showed they are a great team when they get in sync by having one of the best ever playoff runs, and instead let's embrace this seven game slide, and write this team off as a bunch of failures which we should gut.

You guys do this because its easy and familir, nothing more. Chill out and have some faith in this team for at least a month. They earned that much. They have the rings to prove it.
Solid post. I agree.

--

Richards is struggling, but I'm sure he will pick it up eventually. Kopitar will start shooting more. Gagne has been working hard to move up and is finally getting his chance to playing with guys who will really be able to set him up for some goals. Mitchell coming back in the next couple of weeks hopefully. That will help a bunch.

I love Penner's, but not on my regular season hockey team. My playoff hockey team, sure.

I'm a bit frustrated that other teams are winning and we aren't, but picking out one guy after every game to put all the blame on isn't going to help anything. Give them a chance to get things figured out and get out of this cup hangover.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 435
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Realistically I'd love to have Loktionov take Stoll's place. I just think Stoll has really nothing to offer and isn't talented.
I think Stoll's skillset, as mediocre as it seems, is more valuable as our third line center than Loktionov's, even if he isn't scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Oh it worked.

Well, yeah In my next sentence, I admitted it was worth it, but for Penner specifically, he hasn't panned out in the regular season at all. He is becoming dead weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think if Stoll got dealt Vey would be on the next flight to LA.
Probably, but that is because we will likely have to call someone up versus him being entirely ready or earning the promotion and forcing his way into the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Its been made obvious that Dean is never going to let Stoll leave this team, so we're stuck with him. I'd love to see him leave but that's never gonna happen, if it would have, it would have been after last season.
Exactly. Stoll isn't going anywhere. Like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Making significant changes just 7 games after winning the Stanley Cup seems hard to justify IMO.
Correct. The firesale stuff is ridiculous.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
KingKopitar11*

Valuable i dont know, thats just perspective, but for the kings we need more play making and talent than grinding which is stoll's strong suit.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:10 AM
bobafettish*

ROR still not signed i'd like him very much on the kings.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
ROR still not signed i'd like him very much on the kings.
Not gonna happen.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
KingPuckChoo
Go kinGs Go !

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
this is NOT 7 games... it's a 48 game schedule

it's almost half !

therefore approx 13 games in prorated

im tired of the only X amount of games excuse...

urgency is a necessity on a shortened season

Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
this is NOT 7 games... it's a 48 game schedule

it's almost half !

therefore approx 13 games in prorated

im tired of the only X amount of games excuse...

urgency is a necessity on a shortened season
13/48 = 27%. We still have 73% of the season to go, and are three points out of a playoff spot. Last year were were 3 points out with like 15% of the season to go.

Everyone, chill the **** out.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
13/48 = 27%. We still have 73% of the season to go, and are three points out of a playoff spot. Last year were were 3 points out with like 15% of the season to go.

Everyone, chill the **** out.
Yes, everyone chill **** out and put a puppy in a tortilla!

Old
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Whiskeypete

Old
02-05-2013, 10:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

As much as I love Vey and have championed him from the word go, he isn't ready just yet for the jump. Even back in bantam Vey was the kind of player who thrives after he proves himself. He is what is called a grade learner. What that means is he is the kind of kid who has to finish his grade before he moves on or needs a season of proving himself before he is ready to matriculate.

Vey is a perfect example of a kid you don't rush. Give him a cup of tea with the big team as a carrot? Sure as long as he knows that it is only for a couple of games at a time. Bring him up too soon and place too much responsibility on his shoulders and he will take a step backwards.

He is a year away from the NHL. I think he is going to be a very good 2nd/3rd line player and we are lucky to have him but I have said that all along. I just wouldn't rush him to the NHL, let him continue having a stellar season on the farm and build his confidence and when he is ready we will have a great young talented kid.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
SettlementRichie10

I think you're all severely underestimating the kind of player Gagne was and can be. At half speed, in and out of the lineup, he's at the top of our team in terms of points. Keep him on the Richards-Carter line for a few games and watch the entire line improve. He's just that kind of player.

I'm not excusing the struggles he had in the Chicago game, but there's a reason he went from healthy scratch to second line in the matter of four games. He has an incredible skill set, one of the most naturally talented on the entire team, and it's only a matter of time before he gets going 100%. 100% Gagne is a more valuable asset than every forward on the team not named 100% Kopitar.

Closed Thread