HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

JT Miller and Brandon Mashinter up; Ferriero down (2/18: Mashinter up with Powe out)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  #176
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Also, as has been mentioned, Miller is ridiculously strong for his age.

I think it's definitely possible he could step into a 3rd/4th line role and provide a few minutes of hitting and board work.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:15 PM
  #177
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Not directly correlated, but Miller IMO was more impressive in the WJC than Alex Galchenyuk, and he is PPG this season playing 14 minutes a game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:16 PM
  #178
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Sather is tinkering before he makes the big one that gives us a better chance at the Cup...a big name is going like Gartner went before we won the last Cup and a top prospect . Mark it down guys ! It is 94 all over again .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:20 PM
  #179
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Bringing up two players with 0 career NHL goals to face Marty Brodeur? Great strategy.

Seriously, though, I'm interested to see how these two do at the NHL level. Almost more interested in Mash. I've always been for the idea of teams getting their own tough guys, as opposed to signing others. Going to be interesting for sure.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
  #180
TriFF51
USA Hockey
 
TriFF51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
Bringing up two players with 0 career NHL goals to face Marty Brodeur? Great strategy.

Seriously, though, I'm interested to see how these two do at the NHL level. Almost more interested in Mash. I've always been for the idea of teams getting their own tough guys, as opposed to signing others. Going to be interesting for sure.
Isn't Marty known for giving up a lot first career goals

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:28 PM
  #181
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriFF51 View Post
Isn't Marty known for giving up a lot first career goals
Matt Gilroy

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
  #182
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriFF51 View Post
Isn't Marty known for giving up a lot first career goals
That was the joke. He's already given up 2 First career goals this year.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  #183
TriFF51
USA Hockey
 
TriFF51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
That was the joke. He's already given up 2 First career goals this year.
oh lol, well we can look forward to a couple more then

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  #184
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,774
vCash: 50
In fairness to Broduer, when you're a starting goalie in every season for 19 straight years, you're bound to meet a lot of rookies.

__________________
Into the flood again; Same old trip it was back then.
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  #185
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
So, this Mashinter guy fights pretty good? What else?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:35 PM
  #186
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
In fairness to Broduer, when you're a starting goalie in every season for 19 straight years, you're bound to meet a lot of rookies.
Agreed, but I've seen the list and it took off following the lockout. His first 10 years he a few, but since 06 he's given up over 30 First career goals.

It's not a flaw in his game, it's just pretty funny. And I think Devils fans find it really funny too how many first career goals he's given up over the past few years.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  #187
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
So, this Mashinter guy fights pretty good? What else?
Good skater for his size, likes to go to the net and has good hands for a guy his size. If he ever scores it will be because he is near the goal.

When he was a couple of years younger SJ thought he would turn into a Ryane Clowe clone so the guy has some offensive skill.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:38 PM
  #188
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
Agreed, but I've seen the list and it took off following the lockout. His first 10 years he a few, but since 06 he's given up over 30 First career goals.

It's not a flaw in his game, it's just pretty funny. And I think Devils fans find it really funny too how many first career goals he's given up over the past few years.
Oh no, it is true. The growing joke about it holds credibility for a reason. I believe he has given up first career goals to Staal, McDonagh and Sauer? Not entirely sure but those come off the top of my head.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:38 PM
  #189
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Good skater for his size, likes to go to the net and has good hands for a guy his size. If he ever scores it will be because he is near the goal.

When he was a couple of years younger SJ thought he would turn into a Ryane Clowe clone so the guy has some offensive skill.
Oh, I like the sound of this. We need a big net presence. A lot of our goals come from around the net. So in a way, he can get involved in a little offense.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
  #190
mooskating
flex
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
inb4millertradethread

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
  #191
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Oh, I like the sound of this. We need a big net presence. A lot of our goals come from around the net. So in a way, he can get involved in a little offense.
As long as his skating can translate he has some skills. I wouldn't put him down for 20 goals but if all breaks right maybe 10 and 10 ish

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
  #192
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Sather is tinkering before he makes the big one that gives us a better chance at the Cup...a big name is going like Gartner went before we won the last Cup and a top prospect . Mark it down guys ! It is 94 all over again .
For a split second, I read this as equating the Gartner trade with Mike Rupp and started lol'ing.

Anyway, I'm curious as to who you think Sather would trade in this scenario.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
  #193
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
As long as his skating can translate he has some skills. I wouldn't put him down for 20 goals but if all breaks right maybe 10 and 10 ish
Yeah, I don't have those expectations. Last year, our fourth line can give fourth line contributions. We had dead weight with Rupp. I'd like to see 20 points if it translates. Solid fourth line contributions.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
  #194
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Matt Gilroy
+ Staal and McDonagh

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
  #195
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
+ Staal and McDonagh
Wow, that's rightttttt

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
  #196
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Oh no, it is true. The growing joke about it holds credibility for a reason. I believe he has given up first career goals to Staal, McDonagh and Sauer? Not entirely sure but those come off the top of my head.

Sauer's first was against Sens.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:50 PM
  #197
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Yeah, I don't have those expectations. Last year, our fourth line can give fourth line contributions. We had dead weight with Rupp. I'd like to see 20 points if it translates. Solid fourth line contributions.
To me if Tom Sestito had any hands whatsoever he would be Mashinter. Although Brandon may not be as aggressive, to me, that's a good thing

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:53 PM
  #198
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Weird about Miller! Is he being show cased??
I don't understand this move at all
I was thinking this today. At the NHL level the Rangers don't have the expendable the assets they did last year to pull off a deal. All the recent talk about the larges masses scouting players, maybe the Miller call up was to showcase him? Maybe another GM wanted to compare him at this level?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:53 PM
  #199
TriFF51
USA Hockey
 
TriFF51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Just found this lol http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=475997

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
  #200
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Oh no, it is true. The growing joke about it holds credibility for a reason. I believe he has given up first career goals to Staal, McDonagh and Sauer? Not entirely sure but those come off the top of my head.
haha, I think Balej too

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.