HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

habs - canes trade

Old
02-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
habs - canes trade

Habs give : Erik Cole

Canes give : I don't know tell me what you are ready to give

I really don't like how Cole's playing right now and I think he could find his smile back ( and his motivation ) by playing with his old team, the team with who he won the cup.

Last edited by Chacal667: 02-04-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Cole had a slow start last season too.

too early to just give up on him and since the Habs are winning, we can afford to be patient.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
glenbuis

I would think it would come down to where each team was at the deadline. If they wanted him bad enough i could see Cole and a second for a first and either Faulk or McBain.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I would think it would come down to where each team was at the deadline. If they wanted him bad enough i could see Cole and a second for a first and either Faulk or McBain.
they're not going to trade us Faulk even if we added some picks. that's just some serious wishful thinking on your part.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Chacal667

People think that Desharnais isnt playing good, but he work very hard.
The real problem is that lazy ass Cole ( and the injury to paccioretty ), he look like he's having 0 motivation, maybe because we finished in last position the last season or because he loose some money with the lockout and the new convention. Anyway I hope that he gonna play better soon cuz we need someone on our first line.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:30 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
Faulk or McBain.
See it often just like and as worse as Ekman-Larsson or Yandle

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
glenbuis

ok my bad. it would be cole and a second for mcbain and a first. Eric's really gonna want his old buddy back.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I like Cole, but If the habs are out of it at the deadline and somebody offered a 1st, I'd probably do it.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
1 point out of first in the East. Yes, let's trade the 1st line winger.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Perhaps Cole and a 1st for Faulk....and then I probably still wouldnt do it.

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:55 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Not going to comment on value, because I know very little about Faulk, but Habs are definitly not giving up their 1st this season unless they're a clear cut playoff team at the deadline and they can get something good to help right now.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
EveryDay

to the OP: No we don't trade Cole.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:

Wrong word right? I would demand what Habs fans would demand for Subban (the world), and rightfully so

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
People think that Desharnais isnt playing good, but he work very hard.
The real problem is that lazy ass Cole ( and the injury to paccioretty ), he look like he's having 0 motivation, maybe because we finished in last position the last season or because he loose some money with the lockout and the new convention. Anyway I hope that he gonna play better soon cuz we need someone on our first line.
Cole's been getting his game back more and more with each game. Dunno what you've been watching, unless you're one of those fans that think a player must be dealt if he's not scoring a hat trick a game.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:34 PM
FanHabtic

Cole has shown signs of life and had his best game against Ottawa. It helped to have MaxPac back and the top-line in tact. Now is not the time to trade Cole. He's exactly what the Habs need. (Size, grit, scoring and veteran leadership).

His comments regarding the lockout are just voiced out of frustration. That is all water under the bridge now.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
Cole's been getting his game back more and more with each game. Dunno what you've been watching, unless you're one of those fans that think a player must be dealt if he's not scoring a hat trick a game.
He only had ONE game winning goal last game. He should score winners at least two or three times a game if he wants to stick around.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
what about this?

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

Erik Cole

Habs get a veteran defenceman and some size since they're a little small outside Borque and a valuable mid round pick from a bad team

Canes get a 1 dimensional smurf who can go back to playing with his bestest buds and continue on his tradition of racing down the wing faster than anyone and lifting the puck one inch off the ice right into the goalies pad.

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
okokokokokokokok

what would you give ? You know you wwwaaaaaannnnnnnntttttttttt him.
Sure, I'd take him back, but only because Ruutu is out for the season and we are one decent forward short. But you arent getting a decent guy on the roster, and I'd be hard pressed to give you more than a 2nd-3rd round pick for a guy who is 36 with a broken neck.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Sure, I'd take him back, but only because Ruutu is out for the season and we are one decent forward short. But you arent getting a decent guy on the roster, and I'd be hard pressed to give you more than a 2nd-3rd round pick for a guy who is 36 with a broken neck.
What would you give for a 34 year old, who doesn't have a broken neck and has played every game the last two seasons?

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
What would you give for a 34 year old, who doesn't have a broken neck and has played every game the last two seasons?
Ok, in this instance, I will go up to a 2nd

Nice work, my math is off this early in the morning.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Habs finally have some balance and consistency in the top lines, and somebody thinks of trading Cole? Impossible. The 6-2 start may not be quite sustainable, but clearly the team is at least capable of fighting for a playoff spot, so those Habs fans who have been stuck too long on the trade-all-the-veterans tankwagon need to rethink their strategies. Cole isn't going anywhere. Not for a 2nd, not for a 1st, not for any "sensible" bundle of futures. The team needs him too much in the short term.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
what about this?

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

Erik Cole

Habs get a veteran defenceman and some size since they're a little small outside Borque and a valuable mid round pick from a bad team

Canes get a 1 dimensional smurf who can go back to playing with his bestest buds and continue on his tradition of racing down the wing faster than anyone and lifting the puck one inch off the ice right into the goalies pad.
Lousy proposal. Corvo and Westgarth can't crack our lineup. Our bottom is fine for size/toughness (Galchenyuk and Eller both have size and Armstrong, Prust, Moen and White are excellent grinders). Corvo doesn't rank ahead of Subban, Markov or even Diaz for a PMD. I'd hesitate to put him before Kaberle.

Also, why would we trade Cole? He's always a slow starter, but he's starting to come on now. We finally have 3 balanced scoring lines, why mess it up. If Cole gets moved its in a package for an immediate upgrade or for a top-quality prospect/1st rounder +. Anything less and we'll just keep him, he fits perfectly into our lineup.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

LOL at asking for Faulk. I'm going to hope that was based on a lack of hype, and not a serious evaluation of his game.

Some Canes fans may disagree, but I have zero interest in Cole. Two years from now he's going to be dragging his team down with a big cap hit, a sense of entitlement and an NTC. No thank you.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Domino11

Cole is not going anywhere unless habs are out of the playoff at the deadline !! It will cost a lot to acquired him ... Carolina is not willing to pay the price so !! Team like rangers , Philly , Pittsburg , Los Angeles just to name them would be willing to part for a lot to get him !! Those team don't care when it come to win a Stanley cup they r willing to give future ...
At the deadline cole will get at least 1 round pick + excellent prospect

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
LOL at asking for Faulk. I'm going to hope that was based on a lack of hype, and not a serious evaluation of his game.

Some Canes fans may disagree, but I have zero interest in Cole. Two years from now he's going to be dragging his team down with a big cap hit, a sense of entitlement and an NTC. No thank you.
2 years from now his contract will be expiring and he'll be a UFA.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote