HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The Race to the Bottom - Rebuild Thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
  #676
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gormley
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Rebuilding

Hypothetically, if we were in a rebuild

What current players do you want as the core? (5-7 players)

Forwards
XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XXXXX

Defence:
XXXX-XXXX
XXXXX

Goalie:
XXXXX

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
  #677
dcervi*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Hypothetically, if we were in a rebuild

What current players do you want as the core? (5-7 players)

Forwards
XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XXXXX

Defence:
XXXX-XXXX
XXXXX

Goalie:
XXXXX
mcclement-bozak- macarthur
kulemin

kostka-fraser
liles

dcervi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
  #678
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Hypothetically, if we were in a rebuild

What current players do you want as the core? (5-7 players)

Forwards
XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XXXXX

Defence:
XXXX-XXXX
XXXXX

Goalie:
XXXXX
Forwards:

Kadri, Frattin, Komarov, JVR*

Defense:

Gardiner, Franson, Kostka

Goalie:

Reimer

* JVR: Im starting to see why PHilly gave up on him. He dominated against NYR but then disappears in Boston and tonight. He could be an excellent player, but I think inconsistency is a major issue with him.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
  #679
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
The only player in this entire organization I wouldn't trade is Morgan Rielly. Everyone else is tradeable if the deal is right.

Now I know I'll probably get roasted for suggesting Kadri and Frattin as possible trade pieces, but if you were offered something unbelievable, I'd take the deal. I would be extremely hesitant to trade them though.

Honorable mention to Kessel and Reimer. You just don't give away a bonafide 1st line winger and Reimer is really starting to get back into his groove again.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:29 PM
  #680
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Hypothetically, if we were in a rebuild

What current players do you want as the core? (5-7 players)

Forwards
XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XXXXX

Defence:
XXXX-XXXX
XXXXX

Goalie:
XXXXX
Kulemin-Kadri-Kessel
Frattin

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner

Reimer

When I say the "core", I mean this is the team we roll with until we can supplement with better players (Getzlaf, Perry, Mackinnon/Barkov, Jones etc..).

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM
  #681
will13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Kulemin-Kadri-Kessel
Frattin

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner

Reimer

When I say the "core", I mean this is the team we roll with until we can supplement with better players (Getzlaf, Perry, Mackinnon/Barkov, Jones etc..).
Rielly*

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
  #682
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
Rielly*
I think he's at least two years away. He should stay as far removed from the struggles of the team until he's without a doubt ready to go.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
  #683
Defense
Registered User
 
Defense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Id say if we were going to rebuild, Nonis will make that call. We trade Phil Kessel to guarantee us MacKinnon. I don't want to finish 9th-12th, we lose out of playoffs and a top pick-good player that way.

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:42 PM
  #684
will13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I think he's at least two years away. He should stay as far removed from the struggles of the team until he's without a doubt ready to go.
I get to watch him play on a fairly regular basis and I'd say that there's a good chance he stays with the leafs next season. He would step in and already be one of our best defensemen.

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
  #685
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
I get to watch him play on a fairly regular basis and I'd say that there's a good chance he stays with the leafs next season. He would step in and already be one of our best defensemen.
Hopefully. THat's a problem I would love to have.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:55 PM
  #686
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Id say if we were going to rebuild, Nonis will make that call. We trade Phil Kessel to guarantee us MacKinnon. I don't want to finish 9th-12th, we lose out of playoffs and a top pick-good player that way.
we might actually do better if we trade Kessel. Players will stop seeing themselves in the backseat and prioritizing on getting a wimp the puck.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:01 PM
  #687
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
we might actually do better if we trade Kessel. Players will stop seeing themselves in the backseat and prioritizing on getting a wimp the puck.
Kessel's weakness is he gets too easily frustrated, I can't imagine he is having much fun not producing and now the losing, it's only a matter of time before he becomes unhappy. He's already smashing sticks and those were in games we won.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
  #688
hobarth
Registered User
 
hobarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Kessel & Kadri

Phanny, Gardiner & Gunnar

Reimer

maybe JVR one of our better players tonite, the rest are short on talent and compete.

hobarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:02 PM
  #689
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Kessel's weakness is he gets too easily frustrated, I can't imagine he is having much fun not producing and now the losing, it's only a matter of time before he becomes unhappy. He's already smashing sticks and those were in games we won.
Everyone says he doesn't care and has no "heart." Smashes a few sticks. Now he gets frustrated too easily. He just can't win

I'd be okay with moving Kessel for the right package. I just can't think of a good trading partner.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:15 PM
  #690
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Everyone says he doesn't care and has no "heart." Smashes a few sticks. Now he gets frustrated too easily. He just can't win

I'd be okay with moving Kessel for the right package. I just can't think of a good trading partner.
I know he cares, but the smashing stick in a game we are winning is not a good example when you are winning a game, looks a tad selfish. Team should't really care how many goals he isn't scoring. It's about W's, let Kessel deal with his goalless drought. JVR passing up on good chances to feed Kessel is utter silliness.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:19 PM
  #691
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,106
vCash: 500
Lol @ you saying this over here, but arguing with me that we need more emotion in the draft thread...

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
  #692
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Id say if we were going to rebuild, Nonis will make that call. We trade Phil Kessel to guarantee us MacKinnon. I don't want to finish 9th-12th, we lose out of playoffs and a top pick-good player that way.
That is a good call. But recent history has shown the Leafs are a bad team anyway, so this shouldn't be new to anyone. Whether you go back 1 game, 1 season, 4 seasons...we've been absolutely horrible.

So lets just cut right to the chase and start the exodus out of Toronto starting with the Captain. Then Kessel. Then Liles.

Sorry, but we shouldn't be spending all our capspace on such garbage performances.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
  #693
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Lol @ you saying this over here, but arguing with me that we need more emotion in the draft thread...
Smashing sticks when the team is winning is selfishness, do you ever read an entire post? Just wondering.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:24 PM
  #694
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
That is a good call. But recent history has shown the Leafs are a bad team anyway, so this shouldn't be new to anyone. Whether you go back 1 game, 1 season, 4 seasons...we've been absolutely horrible.

So lets just cut right to the chase and start the exodus out of Toronto starting with the Captain. Then Kessel. Then Liles.

Sorry, but we shouldn't be spending all our capspace on such garbage performances.
Id ship out Grabovski too. Who knows when he is going to show up from game to game. MacArthur as well. I might keep Kulemin for a 3rd line role.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:28 PM
  #695
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Smashing sticks when the team is winning is selfishness, do you ever read an entire post? Just wondering.
No, it's not selfish. It's what YOU call selfish. He celebrates with the team when they win, he celebrates with his team when they score. In fact, go back to when Bozie scored his last goal... Who was the first guy there to punch fists and have a hug? 81 was, that's who.

He's expressing personal frustration. It has nothing to do with selfishness. He's a goal scorer who's snake bitten, and expressing (outwardly) his frustration and disappointment in himself.

He needs a solid pat on the shoulder, and a coach who can help him overcome his frustration, so he can concentrate on doing his job, and playing with composure.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:29 PM
  #696
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
No, it's not selfish. It's what YOU call selfish. He celebrates with the team when they win, he celebrates with his team when they score. In fact, go back to when Bozie scored his last goal... Who was the first guy there to punch fists and have a hug? 81 was, that's who.

He's expressing personal frustration. It has nothing to do with selfishness. He's a goal scorer who's snake bitten, and expressing (outwardly) his frustration and disappointment in himself.

He needs a solid pat on the shoulder, and a coach who can help him overcome his frustration, so he can concentrate on doing his job, and playing with composure.
O.K If you say so.

I would be happy the team won, not padding personal stats.

Clue: That's a sign of a true leader, Lemieux, Kopitar, Bergeron...Gilmour.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:33 PM
  #697
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
O.K If you say so.

I would be happy the team won, not padding personal stats.

Clue: That's a sign of a true leader, Lemieux, Kopitar, Bergeron...Gilmour.
Go ahead and show me where he doesn't celebrate a win or goal with his teammates, and instead, mopes about his not scoring while the rest of the guys are celebrating.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  #698
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Id ship out Grabovski too. Who knows when he is going to show up from game to game. MacArthur as well. I might keep Kulemin for a 3rd line role.
Anyone making money right now should be moved...save maybe Lupul.

I genuinely believe Lupul wants the team to win.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
  #699
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
O.K If you say so.

I would be happy the team won, not padding personal stats.

Clue: That's a sign of a true leader, Lemieux, Kopitar, Bergeron...Gilmour.
I hate when guys do that when they are playing awful.

I don't mind guys getting mad when they are playing well.

Kessel is not playing well.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:39 PM
  #700
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Go ahead and show me where he doesn't celebrate a win or goal with his teammates, and instead, mopes about his not scoring while the rest of the guys are celebrating.
Show me a great player smashing sticks when the team is about to win a game?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.