HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

ICX's Random Musings (12/12)

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 07:19 PM
ICX*

vCash: 500
ICX's Random Musings (12/12)

Well folks, after a long sabbatical from the boards I've decided to once again bring my popular random musings column back from retirement...and for those of you who don't remember it, it's because it never really existed. But I digress...

- The Devils potted 3 goals tonight sans Langenbrunner, Madden, and Stevenson and still came within a few minutes of beating an East-leading Flyers team on a hot streak. All is well.

- Patrik Elias is shouldering the offensive load with a consistency he hasn't had since his 96 point season a few years ago. Hopefully he clears the 70 point mark and silences Jason MacIssac once and for all.

- I can't drink anymore (gasp!) because my bloodwork showed heavy liver stress. Again, shocking to those who remember my proclivity for binge drinking.

- Continuing on the substance tip, I've rediscovered the joys of dipping. Skoal (straight) is the closest thing to ambrosia you will find in the mortal coil.

- I'm back with my girlfriend after a fallout over some of my belligerent, drunken escapades last week. Being a one woman man is surprisingly pleasant.

- Ritalin runs a close second to Skoal in the substances-I-love category.

- Between regular Tylenol and Tylenol gel-caps, I choose Tylenol gel-caps every time.

- If you're in the market for a low-maintainence exotic pet, you can't go wrong with an alpaca. Chinchillas are highly overrated.

- Alexander Suglobov will be in a Devils uni after the All-Star break, as Lou's wariness of a potential lockout will make him extra cautious about big deadline deals.

- The single greatest line in American movie history is from "The Way of the Gun:" 'Shut that c***'s mouth before I come over there and ****-start her face!" A philosophy in and of itself. Take the time to learn it.

- Sometimes I wonder if I'm genuinely insane or just mildly psychotic, but then I take a Xanax and go to sleep.

- Carnival music never seems to get girls 'in the mood.' One more thing about women I may never fully understand.

- I never get tired of watching girls on elliptical machines. I am seriously considering dropping the econ/polisci double major in favor of dedicating my senior thesis (and possibly career) to studying this phenonmenon.

- There's nothing sadder than watching a mosquito trying to feed on a mummy. Give it up, little friend.

That's all for now. I have an econ stats exam at 3 P.M. tomorrow to study for. Feedback, abuse, and your own random musings are welcome, but only if they're sufficiently random and musingful.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

I really don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you, but I think I will just laugh at you because I'm not a very nice person.

So welcome back and I'm glad to see the monkey is back too, eventhough other posters on these boards have copied you, it just wasn't the same.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
This seems like as good a place as any to post this

Old
12-12-2003, 07:44 PM
ICX*

Unthinkable...

I don't think Arturs Irbe would appreciate that last cartoon too much.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:45 PM
ICX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI
So welcome back and I'm glad to see the monkey is back too, eventhough other posters on these boards have copied you, it just wasn't the same.
I, too, have noticed the proliferation of evil monkey avatars on these boards, and let me assure you that my vengance will be swift and merciless. To clarify that, by 'vengance' I mean 'total apathy' and by 'swift and merciless' I mean 'lethargic and uninterested.' Beware, monkey posers!

Old
12-12-2003, 07:48 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX
I, too, have noticed the proliferation of evil monkey avatars on these boards, and let me assure you that my vengance will be swift and merciless. To clarify that, by 'vengance' I mean 'total apathy' and by 'swift and merciless' I mean 'lethargic and uninterested.' Beware, monkey posers!

That just made my day.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Tao Jones

Am I the only one who thinks Ken Hitchcock looks like Captain Kangaroo? or was that last year's joke?

http://streetcarmike.com/kangaroo.html

Old
12-12-2003, 08:04 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
Am I the only one who thinks Ken Hitchcock looks like Captain Kangaroo? or was that last year's joke?

http://streetcarmike.com/kangaroo.html

Maybe Captain Kangaroo is the one who looks like Ken Hitchcock, you ever think of that? Why does Hitchcock always be the one compared to Captain Kangaroo? Huh? Tell me!!!

I need sleep.

Old
12-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Vanya

Well done.

Seeing as we've had a flood of flyers fans on the board lately, I present ICX's Musings in Pictures, because we all know they can't read and some of those big words might have confused them...

Part I

Last edited by Vanya: 12-13-2003 at 06:53 AM.
Old
12-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Vanya

Part II

Old
12-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Vanya

And Part III

Old
12-13-2003, 06:58 AM
PEli*

Google Image Search lives on. It is easily the greatest thing the planet has going for it.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Vanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Google Image Search lives on. It is easily the greatest thing the planet has going for it.
Seriously. You can find images of everything on there.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX
- I never get tired of watching girls on elliptical machines. I am seriously considering dropping the econ/polisci double major in favor of dedicating my senior thesis (and possibly career) to studying this phenonmenon.
This whole list is great, but this one is the clear winner in my mind.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Elias still needs to drive to the net more then his little dipsy daisey moves. He is a good sized strong skater, he should learn to use ir like Hossa.
True, but look at what Joe Thornton is doing in Boston. Many nights he's unable to register 2 shots a game, he's not real keen on skating into the danger zones that Gionta has no fears of, he does the same move every game where he'll try and setup behind the net, and for all the overrated talk of him being a top player in the league today, he's seemingly been more concerned with making the league more fun to play in as opposed to leading his team to wins. I'll take Elias over him every day of the week with his current mindset and continuing lack of maturity.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:32 AM
sveiglar

Musings? I always hated that cereal...

Old
12-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Vanya

If you guys dig this type of stuff you should seriously check out Mitch Hedberg's stand up. ICX, you gotta get a slot opening for him.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
ICX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
If you guys dig this type of stuff you should seriously check out Mitch Hedberg's stand up. ICX, you gotta get a slot opening for him.
I like his turtleneck bit.

"I hate wearing turtlenecks. I feel like I'm being strangled by a really weak guy...all day. And if I wear a turtleneck and a backpack, I feel like a weak midget is trying to bring me down."

Old
12-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Vanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX
I like his turtleneck bit.

"I hate wearing turtlenecks. I feel like I'm being strangled by a really weak guy...all day. And if I wear a turtleneck and a backpack, I feel like a weak midget is trying to bring me down."
Rice is great when you feel like eating two thousand of something...

Old
12-16-2003, 09:53 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI
Maybe Captain Kangaroo is the one who looks like Ken Hitchcock, you ever think of that? Why does Hitchcock always be the one compared to Captain Kangaroo? Huh? Tell me!!!

I need sleep.

I thought he look like Chef Boy Ardee..........Is that how you spell that?

Closed Thread