Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Official: Bruno Sammartino WILL enter the WWE Hall of Fame

Old
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
Official: Bruno Sammartino WILL enter the WWE Hall of Fame

Quote:
At long last, Bruno Sammartino will come home to Madison Square Garden on the night before WrestleMania 29 to take his rightful place as a WWE Hall of Famer.

The longest-reigning WWE Champion of all time was announced Monday as the fourth inductee for the Hall's star-studded 2013 class. Sammartino will join fellow former WWE Champions Mick Foley and Bob Backlund and former Women's Champion Trish Stratus in sports-entertainment's most hallowed hall on April 6, 2013. (TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW) But for all the greats who have been and will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, only Bruno lays claim to being the one true "Living Legend."
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall...ement-26089325

Triple H convinced the man. Sammartino says in the article he started watching the programming again and sees things have changed.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 500
Okay then.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
M.C.G. 31

Foley
Backlund
Sammartino
Stratus

stacked HOF lineup.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Happy to see Bruno in the HoF.

Never say never in professional wrestling.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Geez, nice work there Hunter.

Now go talk to Lanny Poffo and Martha Hart about getting Savage and Owen into the HOF.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
17futurecap

Nice job by Hunter, think he is doing a good job behind the scenes, especially with the way he has built NXT.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Still needs Heyman with it being in NYC.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
M.C.G. 31

Bruno Sammartino's new working relationship with WWE will include more than just a Hall of Fame induction, reports the Wrestling Observer.

Sammartino - this year's Hall of Fame headliner - will appear on WWE television at some point and appear in historical features, DVD interviews, and other items WWE will market to their audience.

It's a big chance from 2006 when Sammartino exclusively told the Torch that he desired zero working relationship with WWE, much less a Hall of Fame invite.

However, with Triple H accumulating more power in the company, Hunter was able to pitch Sammartino on establishing a business relationship with WWE. According to the Observer, the deal was made official on Friday before it was announced on Monday.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Sammartino - this year's Hall of Fame headliner - will appear on WWE television at some point
I hope The Shield puts him through a table.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Kudos to Hunter.. I wasn't sure you would be able to do it, but I am so glad you did!! Also, kudos to Bruno for allowing Hunter the time to speak to him. Bruno finally gets the honour he deserves!

As for other stuff to do with him, put him in WWE '14... it will allow a WHOLE new generation of WWE lovers to learn about arguably the greatest of all time!! As long as they give him an appropriate rating..

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Bout ****ing time

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Who's going to induct him?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Who's going to induct him?
He had some classic matches with George "The Animal" Steele back in the day. That might be the guy.

One thing I loved hearing in his promo tonight:

Quote:
In early 1968, he headlined the first-ever wrestling event at the new and current Madison Square Garden. In all, Bruno sold out the building on an astounding 187 occasions and is partially responsible for it becoming The World's Most Famous Arena.
I was a part of that - my dad & I went to the Garden matches for about 5 years, and I went a few after he had to stop for health reasons. Great memories.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
M.C.G. 31

No doubt in my mind Triple H will induct Bruno just based on the relationship they seem to have developed and how hard Triple H has been going for getting Bruno inducted.

Quote:
WWECLASSICS.COM: It’s great to speak with you both. This is obviously an historic announcement, but let’s start off with the elephant in the room. Why now, Bruno? Why did you feel like this was the time to go into the WWE Hall of Fame?

BRUNO SAMMARTINO: Well, I guess the main reason would be Triple H. He’s the one who contacted me months ago and we got acquainted with each other. We had only met once, very, very briefly. I only really knew Triple H as a Superstar with WWE, but in person I think we only met for maybe 20 seconds.

TRIPLE H: I shook your hand once in Pittsburgh.

BRUNO: Exactly. It was a very quick introduction and that was it. But since then, Triple H contacted me and he started telling me everything that was going on with WWE. There had been issues and things that I was not happy with, but when I saw the changes, I was very, very impressed. Triple H was a very sincere guy and he was trained by someone who I had the most respect in the world for, and that was Walter “Killer” Kowalski. And then, of course, when he told me that it’s going to be in Madison Square Garden, that was huge for me, too, because of my history in the Garden.
Full interview: http://www.wwe.com/classics/exclusiv...ple-h-26089885

Old
02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 476
Quote:
No doubt in my mind Triple H will induct Bruno just based on the relationship they seem to have developed and how hard Triple H has been going for getting Bruno inducted.

Full interview: http://www.wwe.com/classics/exclusiv...ple-h-26089885
That was a good read.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:27 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
How persistent was Triple H: "Well it didn't happen overnight. We kept talking and this went on for months and months. Finally after so much time elapsed and everything we discussed , I finally became convinced that Paul absolutely wanted to take the business into a different direction. He was trained by Killer Kowalski. He was a student of the old days. He was a student of my era. He loved that and thought a lot of that. So he wants to make changes that goes back to that era. Everything he said, he convinced me because most of all I believed him. I absolutely believe his sincerity. The changes are there. Now I see these guys and the current guys are not on that stuff. Paul convinced me this is the way it is and is what they want going forward. So I said yes I'm interested and if I could help in any way as long as they keep going in that direction. I would make myself open to it."

Sammarinto in his relationship with Vince McMahon: "Here is how I feel. As I criticized Vince as you guys are fully aware of. But I also know that these changes came about because Vince was a part of it. I'm sure Vince is the big boss. I'm sure Paul and Vince had many serious conversations and obviously Vince had to agree to everything. My feeling is yes I criticized, but I will also praise him because he took all the steps. I will criticize you if you deserve to be criticized, but I will praise you when that's proper. He has made all these changes and I praise him for that. I have not talked to Vince. I have not seen him. But when the time comes, probably when I get there, I'm sure a meeting will be held. I will be glad to meet with him and have conversations with him."

On rumors that he doesn't have to deal with Vince McMahon: "That's a lie! I have heard so many different things that goes on in this internet and I don't understand where it all comes from. Where do people get this information? People have told me so many things that they saw on the internet. That is nonsense. I absolutely have never suggested that the conditions be that I would not have anything to do with Vince or see him or anything like that. Absolute lies. I resent people writing these things when they have no idea what the heck they are talking about because there is no truth to it at all."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...tW7gzf7dfAT.99

Old
02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
M.C.G. 31

According to Mike Johnson (PWInsider), Bruno Sammartino got a multi-year, seven figure deal from WWE.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Behn Wilson

If they hold a Wrestlemania in Chicago they should induct Macho Man that year since he is from here (Downers Grove a Chicago suburb). If they want to add a local flavor they should induct Dick The Bruiser who was Chicago's most popular wrestler from old territory days. And since they are billed from Chicago, the Road Warriors would be a nice choice too.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:09 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
If they hold a Wrestlemania in Chicago they should induct Macho Man that year since he is from here (Downers Grove a Chicago suburb). If they want to add a local flavor they should induct Dick The Bruiser who was Chicago's most popular wrestler from old territory days. And since they are billed from Chicago, the Road Warriors would be a nice choice too.
Road Warriors were inducted a few years ago.

I do think Sammartino changing his mind may have a big influence on other old timers who have felt the same way.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:14 PM
M.C.G. 31

Randy Savage only wants to be inducted as a Poffo and wants the entire Poffo family inducted, according to Lanny Poffo. That was Randy's wish apparently. So unless WWE does that, Savage won't be going in.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

Quote:
Randy Savage only wants to be inducted as a Poffo and wants the entire Poffo family inducted, according to Lanny Poffo. That was Randy's wish apparently. So unless WWE does that, Savage won't be going in.
Seems pretty sketchy to me.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
Seems pretty sketchy to me.
I had the exact same thought.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:13 PM
M.C.G. 31

When asked if he sees the HOF as legit, Sammartino responded with "now I do!"

Also, he said he asked about a physical hall of fame building in negotiations and WWE is getting closer to a physical hall of fame location.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

Quote:
When asked if he sees the HOF as legit, Sammartino responded with "now I do!"

Also, he said he asked about a physical hall of fame building in negotiations and WWE is getting closer to a physical hall of fame location.
Okay then.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Shoalzie

I heard that Busted Open interview on Friday...didn't know the backstory to why Bruno and the WWE had a falling out. I'd take more solice in them the cleaning up the product because a legend thinks it needed to versus them doing it for Linda's campaign. It was interesting to hear what it took to get him back in...I wonder if the WWE keeps it up after they get him inducted (or while he's still alive).

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote