HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
  #1026
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
That is where the new CBA is fun.

If Tampa wants to buy-out Vinny, it's gonna be 2/3 of salary
That's a huge paycheck

Vinny at $5.7M....are you more interested?

What would you for:
Vinny Lecavalier + $2M of his cap hit/Salary
nothing

wait until he gets bought out and make him a reasonable offer.

IceDaddy is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
  #1027
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,276
vCash: 500
What would you guys be willing to offer Ryane Clowe next year if he makes it to UFA? He brings the same physicality and protection aspect as Prust but is much better offensively so I think he would be the perfect LW to finish of the kid line.

I would say we should try and trade for him but there is zero chance the Sharks are looking to make a move with how they have started the season. If they struggle after a while though they may look at it, maybe Clowe + 2nd for Gionta? I know they are looking for speedy wingers.

Patches - DD - Cole
Eller - Plek - Bourque
Clowe - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - White/Armstrong

No amazing line but I love the depth and physicality that line-up has.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
  #1028
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
I proposed the exact same thing and line up PH... He's making 3.6 right now. You'd almost have to offer 4 million over 3-4 year term to entice him to Montreal you would think. It could be done but it would mean moving Kaberle or buying him out.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
  #1029
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,977
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
what do you guys think the chances of tb buying him out are? And i just don;t see a scenario where tb doesn't get rid of him. It has to be him

purcells cap hit jumps up to 4.5 from 2.3 next year...their cap hit right now is 63.7

every bottom six forward is getting paid a million or less and they all have expiring contracts this year and next year.

Conacher is getting 900,000 now and he's gonna need a significant raise.

What's realistic? I would take this contract...i would take vinny lecavalier for the right price.

desharnais, kristo, pick?
msl 2.0

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 02:24 PM
  #1030
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,977
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
It's a pipe dream Habs fans, don't bother with Levallier. I don't understand the obsession with him. He's never coming here, move on and enjoy Galchenyuk.
Galchenyuk++ for Lecavalier?

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
  #1031
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Great idea.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
  #1032
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
msl 2.0
msl lite

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
  #1033
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,601
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Have you been watching hockey this year ?

He's back to being dominant in all 3 zones and he's much better then any forward we have here. But you wouldn't give anything for him because he gets paid a lot? That's what great players do, they make plays and they get paid handsomely for it.
first off: it's 8 games in and tampa is playing way above their heads, it's only a matter of time before he goes down to where he belongs, which is in the 50-60 bracket.

second: he's 32 years old.

third: his contract is 7.7 million until the 2019-2020 season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
You can't have a team full of Drsharnais's.
right, because that's totally what i'd want. don't put words in my mouth

MasterDecoy is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 10:16 PM
  #1034
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
first off: it's 8 games in and tampa is playing way above their heads, it's only a matter of time before he goes down to where he belongs, which is in the 50-60 bracket.

second: he's 32 years old.

third: his contract is 7.7 million until the 2019-2020 season!
...
Fine then we'll talk about it after 16 games.

vokiel is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:01 AM
  #1035
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
What would you guys be willing to offer Ryane Clowe next year if he makes it to UFA? He brings the same physicality and protection aspect as Prust but is much better offensively so I think he would be the perfect LW to finish of the kid line.

I would say we should try and trade for him but there is zero chance the Sharks are looking to make a move with how they have started the season. If they struggle after a while though they may look at it, maybe Clowe + 2nd for Gionta? I know they are looking for speedy wingers.

Patches - DD - Cole
Eller - Plek - Bourque
Clowe - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - White/Armstrong

No amazing line but I love the depth and physicality that line-up has.
The great thing about that depth is that its similar to Boston's SCF year or maybe even chicago to an extent. BOS had basically 3 2nd lines and rolled them to victory. We would not only have a very balaned top9 but we'd also have a diverse one.

Speed
Plekanec
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galcehnyuk
Cole(Once he gets going)
Eller
DD

Power
Clowe
Pacioretty
Cole
Bourque
Eller(ish)


It's a very tempting idea, even though I love Gio, If the sharks would take this deal, I'd run, maybe with some tweaks here or there. Clowe could easily replace prust, like you have in your lines, and he'd be just at good at protecting them, while having way more offense. With prust on the 4th our team gets way better. We get someone who could potentially go with Lucic, and we get a real useful player who could slot in basically anywhere in our lineup.

I like your lines but we could see variations such as:

Clowe-Plekanec-Cole (Plek has big wingers who can play)
Pacioretty-DD-Bourque (DD and Pac keep their chemistry, bourque adds jump)

That's a very tough top6 that won't get pushed around and at the same time we don't lose too much speed.

OR

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque(Speedier line with bourque comfortable at RW)
Clowe-DD-Cole (might be a bit slower/sluggish but lots of space made for DD)

OR

Pacioretty-DD-Cole(Stay the course)
Clowe-Plek-Bourque(Good mix of speed and muscle, Plek usually has chemistry with everyone, Bourque has already shown chemistry)

(put eller or prust on the third with the Gallys,etc)

There's of course lots of ways to set the top6/top9, but you get what I'm saying. Regardless the acquisition of a guy like Clowe IMO would be perfect for this club. Would be sad to Gio go, but TBH I wouldn't like to see him resigned when his contract expires, simply because he should be redundant at that point with Gallagher,Galchenyuk,etc knocking on the door for icetime and a spot in the lineup.

(Sorry for the long post)


Last edited by StellerEller: 02-05-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: missed a word
StellerEller is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:22 AM
  #1036
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
The great thing about that depth is that its similar to Boston's SCF year or maybe even chicago to an extent. BOS had basically 3 2nd lines and rolled them to victory. We would not only have a very balaned top9 but we'd also have a diverse one.

Speed
Plekanec
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galcehnyuk
Cole(Once he gets going)
Eller
DD

Power
Clowe
Pacioretty
Cole
Bourque
Eller(ish)


It's a very tempting idea, even though I love Gio, If the sharks would take this deal, I'd run, maybe with some tweaks here or there. Clowe could easily replace prust, like you have in your lines, and he'd be just at good at protecting them, while having way more offense. With prust on the 4th our team gets way better. We get someone who could potentially go with Lucic, and we get a real useful player who could slot in basically anywhere in our lineup.

I like your lines but we could see variations such as:

Clowe-Plekanec-Cole (Plek has big wingers who can play)
Pacioretty-DD-Bourque (DD and Pac keep their chemistry, bourque adds jump)

That's a very tough top6 that won't get pushed around and at the same time we don't lose too much speed.

OR

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque(Speedier line with bourque comfortable at RW)
Clowe-DD-Cole (might be a bit slower/sluggish but lots of space made for DD)

OR

Pacioretty-DD-Cole(Stay the course)
Clowe-Plek-Bourque(Good mix of speed and muscle, Plek usually has chemistry with everyone, Bourque has already shown chemistry)

(put eller or prust on the third with the Gallys,etc)

There's of course lots of ways to set the top6/top9, but you get what I'm saying. Regardless the acquisition of a guy like Clowe IMO would be perfect for this club. Would be sad to Gio go, but TBH I wouldn't like to see him resigned when his contract expires, simply because he should be redundant at that point with Gallagher,Galchenyuk,etc knocking on the door for icetime and a spot in the lineup.

(Sorry for the long post)

If we acquire Clowe, it's to play with the kids.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 02:07 AM
  #1037
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Well either way hed fit our club well

StellerEller is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
  #1038
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If we acquire Clowe, it's to play with the kids.
He'd definitely would be a great pick. As the Sharks are doing well, I highly doubt he's available. They'll keep him for a playoffs' run and likely try to sign him.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
  #1039
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If we acquire Clowe, it's to play with the kids.
100% agree. What a fit he would be with the Gallys!

Maxpac is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
  #1040
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Eller, Diaz and a pick for Chara. Now think he could seek our revenge for what he himself did to patches and there's not a thing anyone could do about it and he would be a great bridge player as his retirement should coinside with Tinordi being ready to take his place. And it makes us contenders instantly. And the Bruins will wanna get something for him before he retires. Let the debate begin lol

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
  #1041
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Eller, Diaz and a pick for Chara. Now think he could seek our revenge for what he himself did to patches and there's not a thing anyone could do about it and he would be a great bridge player as his retirement should coinside with Tinordi being ready to take his place. And it makes us contenders instantly. And the Bruins will wanna get something for him before he retires. Let the debate begin lol
Never. I hope we don't even consider it

AmeriHab is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
  #1042
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,060
vCash: 500
With Horcoff injured for a while, and almost certainly a buyout after the season, I wonder if Eller would be a fit for the Oilers? I like Eller, but I don't think the Habs have been subtle about him being outside the core at this point. MPS is only 21 but is behind a whole bunch of young stars on the wings in Edmonton...

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
  #1043
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
With Horcoff injured for a while, and almost certainly a buyout after the season, I wonder if Eller would be a fit for the Oilers? I like Eller, but I don't think the Habs have been subtle about him being outside the core at this point. MPS is only 21 but is behind a whole bunch of young stars on the wings in Edmonton...
Hall is the Oilers only quality LW, Eberle, Yak, and Hemsky are all RW (though I believe Yak is playing LW at the moment). Smyth is also LW but he is playing horribly right now. Depth is definitely not the reason MPS is not in the NHL.

Eller is the more proven and more versatile player, I wouldn't do this deal.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
  #1044
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Hall is the Oilers only quality LW, Eberle, Yak, and Hemsky are all RW (though I believe Yak is playing LW at the moment). Smyth is also LW but he is playing horribly right now. Depth is definitely not the reason MPS is not in the NHL.

Eller is the more proven and more versatile player, I wouldn't do this deal.
Well, MPS is in the NHL, he's played 6 of 9 games this year. I would argue that young depth is what's kept him from being full time. There's only so many skilled kids you want to put on the ice before filling out the bottom of the lineup with Petrells and Hordichuks.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
  #1045
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
With Horcoff injured for a while, and almost certainly a buyout after the season, I wonder if Eller would be a fit for the Oilers? I like Eller, but I don't think the Habs have been subtle about him being outside the core at this point. MPS is only 21 but is behind a whole bunch of young stars on the wings in Edmonton...
Eller would be a tremendous fit on the 3rd C for them and he fits with the age of their core... But if the only return is MPS I say no. We have enough quantity on the wings, we need quality.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  #1046
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  #1047
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
He would fetch 21 John Scott..

Why waste Eller on Scott

Hilarious.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
  #1048
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He would fetch 21 John Scott..

Why waste Eller on Scott

Hilarious.
Well then what else could we ask of buffalo in return? Or who else could we let go instead?

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
  #1049
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Well then what else could we ask of buffalo in return? Or who else could we let go instead?
You don't trade for a player like Scott. You just scout the NAHL or similar leagues and hire one.

vokiel is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:06 PM
  #1050
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
Holy **** are you for real? Why don't we trade Subban to toronto for Colton Orr while we're at it.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.