HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nick Foligno

Old
02-05-2013, 12:58 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

vCash: 500
Nick Foligno

Wondering how he's working out for you guys. Loved him in Ottawa but Methot has been solid too.

You guys think it was a win-win trade?

ErikKarlsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Other than accidentally nearly killing James Wisniewski, I like Foligno and what he's offered to the team so far.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

I think this was one of those trades that, at the time, nobody really noticed ... but when everyone looks back on it 2-3 years from now, it will be a deal that was perfect for both teams. Columbus clearly has a glut of quality (if not spectacular) defensemen, and needed help up front ... while Ottawa's problem was completely the opposite.

I really like what Nick Foligno has brought. Some skill, a ton of hard work, a nice mix of grit and physical play ... perfect fit for a young, rebuilding team.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
punk_o_holic

Like his work ethic. Looks like it's a win/win trade for now.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:25 AM
slightlystewpid420

I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad
With LA doing so poorly as of now, I'm not sure if that would have been a good idea.

As far as Foligno goes, he certainly doesn't have hands of stone. There have been a few times where he had a really nice move on the goaltender where he just got robbed. I forget which game it was, but I was watching the other team's feed, and their announcers said that a move he made on the goaltender looked like Forsberg.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

hasn't quite put it all together here yet, but his work ethic shows every time he's on the ice...take care of Meth for us...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Xoggz22

It's very early to tell, no training camp and very little skill and creativity up front for Columbus. I think Foligno will turn out just fine but he hasn't really hit stride yet. I wasn't a huge fan of Methot. Thought he was a bottom pair guy with limitations in the offensive zone but size and skating is a good thing to have on the back end. he'll help in Ottawa the same as Foligno will help in Cbus. Should end up a win-win trade.

Certainly no down side for either team which is a good thing too.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote